Veetech force buckets and chisel

9/29/2016 Veetech world

I raided the little square keep out by my redwood house.  I was able to snipe pretty much all the skeletons and the necromancer from up on the walls.  The main challenge with this castle type is the spawners in the watery maze beneath the settlement.  It took about a half hour of fighting, blocking paths, and eliminating hidden spawners while infernal mobs kept it a pitched battle.  I finally did clear it and lit up the place, and now own it as a new base called "Necro keep".  It had a cute sign saying "This Necromancer's keep taken over by ..."  So now it's taken over by me.  I found one secret thing I don't think I knew about before.  In the main tower with the redstone on the floor, there is a hidden switch on the top floor and a tall column of stone.  Hitting the switch causes an explosion, and some goods dropped down from above.  I pillared up there and saw there was a redstone torch tower which must have blown up a chest up at the top.  Those top 3 layers are obsidian.  ANother fine encounter area design.  I may use this as my Thaumcraft wizard tower, far enough from home base that any flux of wisps won't affect my main builds.

I fixed the sort to send force buckets to the fuel chest instead of the Dartcraft chest.  Then I grabbed a batch of force gems and a stack of gold ingots and made a stack and a half of force ingots.  I added recipes for force gears and force engines to my Buildcraft worktable, made my first Force engine, and filled a portable tank with liquid force.  That one engine now cranks out 4 MJ/tick (8 if I give it some water), more than those other 3 older engines combined.  Energy cell at 315kMJ.  Still a bit odd that I have done almost no technology works in this world.  Hexxit is balanced so that you can get everything you need from raiding existing towers, castles and dungeons.  Still, I would like to get a few energy cells powered up so I can run some auto farms.  I hardly need an auto-enchanter because I already have 2 double chests of enchanted books.  The auto-disenchanter might be good, since I have tons of enchanted armor and weapons stockpiled.  Maybe I can harvest those for enchantments then smelt them down into ingots I can make my own stuff with.

So I went out a safari netted a cow, put him in a little pen next to the engines with a chest with some buckets in it.  With milk, the force engine throttles up to 10 MJ/tick, the highest output of any single engine in the game.  Energy cell at 385kMJ.

I grabbed a stack of stone slabs and a half stack of iron, made about 16 armor stands.  So I started on my armor collection, which will run around the walls of the main cathedral room.  I tpd to my weapons/armor lab, and with some extra crafting I completed the vanilla armor sets: leather, iron, chain, gold, diamond, plus the steel armor set.  I always get a kick out of researching how many sets of armor are in each mod pack and finding a way to display them properly.  I know HexxitGear adds 3 sets, TwilightForest adds ironwood, steeleaf and fiery, chococraft adds the silly chocobo armor; etc etc.  And most of the uncommon armor pieces are NOT found as drops, they have to be crafted.

I was thinking of creating a few pocket dimensions, so I could have some dimensional doors in my Cathedral that go to specific work areas, maybe some auto farms or spawner/grinder setups.  Instant extra room without messing up any of the building design.  Maybe a Railcraft lab through a door right next to railcraft sort chest; stuff like that.

I've also been looking for a spot to build a ChiselMod showroom tower.  Since most blocks have 15 new variations in that mod, I would like to do 2x2 panels surrounded by wood.  2 panels on each of 4 walls would showcase all variations of a block, then go upstairs for the next block, etc.  But once again, almost all my settlements and explorations are in these snowy waste areas with the big castles to target for plunder.  Maybe between the redwood house and the new Necro keep -- it's green over there.  I now have plenty of wood after making that little clearing in the rainbow forest.

Well that was fun.  I made a little Chisel showcase tower over by my redwood house (walling off and securing a large area).  It turns out that with 2 panels per wall and 4 walls all around, it takes 2 stories to show the 16 variations of a block.  So the tower for cobble and mossy cobble was 4 floors, 9x9.  Looks really cool from the outside, and on the inside I used mostly clear glass for floors.

In the future, I  should probably do these with four 2x2 panels per wall, so 16 varieties can be showcased on one floor.  I think those buildings will be 15x15.  Manageable.

Back at the Cathedral base, the energy cell is at 577kMJ.  Plenty of fuel left.  So I made another energy cell and started charging it.  I did cheat myself the clear glass to make that chisel showcase, so I went to the smeltery to make some for real.  Dropped a stack of sand and a bucket of lava in there.  But to stand there and click the faucets?  Yuck.  I built a RedNet controller and set it to square wave 40 seconds, and it sends a pulse every 20 seconds, so it automates fairly well.  Not the perfect timing, but okay for now.  I have never played with a RedNet controller before.  Look at all those cool functions!

Comments

Popular Posts