Veetech world - playable now

9/10/2016 Veetech world

I saw that the Railcraft steel helmet was coming up as the SecretDoors camo iron door.  Fixed the secret doors config.  I don't know how they choose these numbers out of thin air.  Removed the LotsOMobs zip file since it wasn't in the right format anyway.  Steel helmet is back to normal.  I connected two of the smallest houses, added a second floor to the biggest house, harvested a few magical crops, and raised the ground level by one in part of the village.  Looks better, much more space.

I tpd out to Field of Ruins and walled off my main house on the plains.  I did a quick repair to a neighboring ruin, then checked out one of the sunken battle towers and was chased off by blazes.  Great neighbors!  Then I saw a weird, warped village just across the river.  Sure enough, this village snakes up over the edge of a red rocks biome.  Probably the weirdest set of pedestal houses and garden plots I've ever seen.  I had a blast trying to make it secure.  3 stacks of walls, 2 stacks of torches.  There's a mystcraft house and a tinker's construct house, 6 or 7 farm plots.  I have to add all kinds of ladders to make it navigable in any way.  Fun place.  Wow, what an odd mess, some houses are a good 40 blocks above others.  But it's all secure now, and one of my favorites spots to back and try to make use of.  Quite a few villagers to round up and put in trading stalls for sanity, and a nice overhang to build stalls beneath.

##

9/11/2016 hextech world

Tpd to frozen village (needs a name) and repaired its smeltery.  It took 3 stacks of walls and a stack of torches to secure the area.  Oddly, there was a zombie spawner inside the pillar of one of the houses that was up on a rise.  I went nuts trying to find them by their moaning, then cleared them out.  There's a tunnel leading down to an ice cave under there.  I got a jasper block from that chest, and 2 enchanted books.

Back to village base (which really needs a name) ... I dug our 3 levels of basement under the biggest (2-story) house, and dug dirt out from under the farm plots, to get lots of space and raise to overall land level in town by one block.  Blue slimes rain down on my village, so I tpd to the frozen village with the smeltery and made a stack of clear glass.  I put the clear glass two blocks above the crops that are in the drop zone, and added some windows under the water line.

-- after midnight --

Okay, my town in the lake is going to be named Cayuga, after Cayuga Lake in upstate New York where I used to visit cousins when I was little.

Just a little more cleanup around town.  I made 4 worktables.  Put them under the apiary patio, where I now have a worktable for MagicalCrops seed recipes, MagicalCrops essence recipes (what to do with the essences once grown), iron chest for Pam's seeds, iron chest for Pam's produce.  Simple enough.  Moved the Dartcraft and Fossils work areas upstairs, made a few force ingots and a force wrench, also known as the uber tool.  I have a worktable on the ground floor to make pistons and Buildcraft stuff.  Slowly coming together.  Those worktables are a great way to get things setup.  Just keep them stocked with materials, choose a recipe, poof as many as you can.

Quick mining run for iron and essence ore.  Came back with 20 volcanic rock, 32 iron ore, 52 weak magic essence, fossils (broken helmet, big skull, fern seeds, 3 bio-fossils, 6 relic scraps), lots of misc stuff.  I have enough essence to setup the recipes for regular, strong and extreme magic essences; and enough coal essence to setup the 8 coal essence = 12 coal recipe.  24 coal from my garden.

Harvest my first 24 peat.  Build up the land over there, will replant later.  Make my first batch of Buildcraft pipes ever in a hexxit world ... 12 glass ... 16 wooden, 24 cobble, 8 gold, 8 iron, 8 obsidian, 32 stone.  Went to make a few of them conductive pipes, out of redstone?  I had been ignoring it on my caving runs since I had no need for it.  Quick dip back into my mine came up with 62 redstone.  Made some pipes, and I should be able to hook up first few engines and machines tomorrow!

###

9/12/2016 hextech world

A quick visit, but I got some things done.  Made two peat-fired engines, a pulverizer and a redstone furnace, along with worktable recipes for them.  I moved books downstairs, made my usual 3 iron chests for ores, dusts, ingots.  Ran enough iron to make my first anvil, put it downstairs under my main house, and was able to repair my half-gone diamond pickaxe (Unbreaking II) for 13 levels.  I had 40 levels, wanted to get that done before some random mishap costs me all that experience.  I added a chest to the left of the anvil for materials, and a double-chest to the right for output.  I need to setup a worktable near the anvil for all those Artifice-mod enchantment/upgrades.

I read up on some Dartcraft items.  The force rod I made with a regular stick instead of a force stick (since I have no access to force wood yet) was crafted with only 3 uses.  So I took 3 oak saplings, went across to the little spit of land poking out onto the lake, cleared the area, walled it off, lit it up, then planted the 3 saplings and right-clicked each one to turn it into a force sapling.  Bonemealed them, harvested the first batch of force logs and goodies, replanted them, and swam home as the sun went down.

Step by step.  I also got my first crop of obsidian essence (and a surplus of seeds); each farm plot in the village has 2x7 layouts of farmland, so I have 14 coal plants, 6 obsidian and 8 glowstone at the moment.

-- later --

Took my force mitts over to the shore to harvest force trees, came back with 36 force logs, 4 nuggets, 15 saplings.  Harvested 8 more peat.  Need to make more bog earth.  Also elevatored up to that annoying slime island (80 blocks above my village) and used dirt to remove all the slime water.  Hopefully, no more cubes dropping down on me at night.

-- 1am trip --

Make 12 invar, and induction smelter.  Mining run for more iron, come up with ores (cinnabar, 27 Fe, 10 Ag, 2 ferrous, 2 Pb, 14 Sn, 19 Sn), 12 diamonds, 63 lapis, 4-1/2 stacks of redstone, 49 basalt cobble, 11 volcanic rock, 32 force gems, fossils (11 bio-fossils, 7 relic scrap, 2 frozen meat (put in analyzer, get raw pork, raw beef), skull bone, big skull, fern seed), 136 weak magic essence.  Some other bits.  Made 56 bog earth, planted a new batch around my peat bog water block.  Made 4 crates of cactus fruit -- they do make cute decorative blocks even if I never need the food.  Good harvest of magical crops so far.

Comments

Popular Posts