Veetech world - dim doors!

9/20/2016 Veetech world

Didn't get a chance to login until 11:30pm.  I added a third row of 5x3 double chests with sorting pipes.  Filled in all unused sort pipe positions so unsorted things can still pass through.  Made a bunch of pistons, then a rolling machine, used my 6 steel for 16 rail, used my 16 creosote from some past plunder, made 64 tracks.  So, a new worktable with 3 new recipes: wooden tie, roadbed, track.  Still not much automated.  My two energy cells are at 600kMJ and 76kMJ, a bit startling that a piece of coal is only good for 1600MJ.  Really need to start collecting oil ...

Quick 1:00 run.  Warp to the Cathedral, wall off the main rooms, make sure they're lit and gated.  No spawns.  Build a cobble slab road up north to my main road, add some road signs.  I can now move into the Cathedral.  One chamber will be my enchanting/brewing lounge, one will be my BetterDungeons magic repository, one will be Xeno's Reliquary magic stuff, one might be Thaumcraft.  With all those rooms upstairs, this really could be my one major base.  BUT, I don't like to have all my eggs in one chunk file.  It's no fun just living in one building full time and never going outside to play.

###

9/21/2016 hextech world

1pm short visit: aww hell, I'm going to move into the cathedral.  The central area is 13x16x10, probably 5 times the space in my "large" village house where all my machines are cramped together.  I can easily split that into two floors.  I kicked out a wall and continued my test platform where the 2nd floor will be, and it came out exactly where I initially picked my way into the place, in the end of the massive chapel room.  I also went upstairs and knocked out a few floor blocks and found some very sensible places to put ladders for fast access.  As a dungeon crawl, it makes you go into each of the two 12x12 rooms in order, up the stairs, down the hall, up the stairs.  With ladders, those 3 floors alone are a vast, usable workspace.  And from there it goes up to those "officers quarters" on the top floor, and from there you can go out on the roof and survey the area.  A more compact spot for a base than my usual hangout in those massive square castles with all the iron bars inside.

It's a very fun area except for the dreary snow.  There are about a dozen ruins visible from various windows.  I sacked the bottom two floors of the ice battle tower next door.  I even held my breath and went into the dimensional door just outside the gate, and wow, it was a huge safe dimension of floating bits of stone brick pillars and platforms with a few chests visible in the distance and water at the bottom.  Too cool! I had not seen that dimension layout before, and no eyes staring at me!  I did have to cheat myself a warp door, because when I turned around there was an empty rift with no door.  Yeah, yeah.  Any other dimension and I might have just gone exploring, but I didn't want to lose a link to this scenic spot so close to my new base.

Wow.  Fun game.  Never know what will happen.  As for the snow, I will see what I can do about terraforming the area.  Usually I bring in canopy trees from the Twilight Forest.  I was thinking of using green and brown carpets in between dirt with grass and flowers to just keep the snow away and make it look habitable.  Maybe a few plots of gardens out there, and plugging holes in between the canopy trees.  Another big project, loads of game play...

-- break --

Went back after dinner, went across the lake to the giant fir forest and made a little walled off area with a portal to the Twilight Forest.  On the TF side, I spawned at the edge of a dark forest.  Huge open field nearby.  Really nice to see Harvestcraft trees and plants in that dimension.  They fit in nicely, make it an even more lush place to visit.  I chopped 4 canopy trees, went back through the portal, chopped two big fir trees.  Tpd to Cathedral, planted a whole lot of trees out front.  Sacked the ice battle tower: fought to the top without touching the chest; on the roof I used the safari net launcher on the big golem.  Then harvested several of those clay floors (fortune II on my shovel makes no difference, it's 4 clay balls per block) for a few stacks of clay.  COmbined and force-wrenched the chests, tpd back to Cayuga Lake and put them on my sort hopper.  Fun setup.


###

9/22/2016 hextech world

3pm visit.  I was exploring the neighborhood, found a vast ice cave leading down to an ice chasm, right under the olive tree outside my cathedral.  I then went to tackled that dimensional door other the other side of the building.  I built cobble bridges across all the wacky floating fragments and collected 5 chests of stuff.  Tests with sand show that there is void below the water at the bottom of this dimension, or that the water is well over 15 blocks deep.  Spoils: 18 coal, 7 obsidian, 26 fabric of reality, work cart, steel shovel, steel axe, iron sword, 4 claws, 5 creosote bottles, some other lesser items.

Now in that dimension (D1), there is a door in each cardinal direction.

West doorway (D1W) led to a short hall with a doorway, door on left, door on right, small room at end with 3 levers on the wall, some creepy sounds but I didn't see any monoliths or eyes. 

North door (D1N) led across blackness to a spiral stair tower with a wooden door and iron door (D1N1) at top.  Wooden door led back to my cathedral, adding a new portal with door just a few blocks from the original dimensional door.

Door D1N1: 3-wide hallway with intersection, doors in all three directions.  Creepy sounds.  Turn around.

D1 south door (D1S): a large pocket dim with a ruin, blackness with a small ruin with chest (book Inifinity I, wooden door, saddle, 5 iron), blackness to a small ruin with iron door on West (D1S1).

D1S1: tiny 1x2 hallway about 6 blocks long with pressure plate.  Limbo sounds, turn around.

I went back to test that pressure plate, sure enough I fell through to Limbo. Looked like there was something ahead of me before falling.  May have to just run for that one.  Anyway, I came back out in my world near village4, then found one of those huge square castles right at the edge of some grasslands ... so, my favorite style of hangout without the dreary ice.  Sacked a few little pirate ships, minimal gain.  Found a greatwood tree with cobwebs, which means a spider spawner beneath the bottom block.  Didn't know there could be chests under those ... got 2 books (Flame I), mini red heart, 9 shiny baubles, music disc.  Sacked two more little ships, one with a pirate ninja who was no match for a power IV legia bow.  My mind is just wandering today.  Should get back to work.

7pm trip.  Sacked another little ship, then a long skinny two-masted ship with some dispensers along one side, which turned out to be empty.  Empty chests, empty furnaces, empty dispensers, missing doors.  Nice design though, with 4-5 cabin downstairs.

1947: extended hike in the wilderness.  Good for the soul.  Found one of those sand-trap towers in the desert that collapse if you touch anything.  Great source of ladders and soul sand, but no treasure found.  Then a big square pit of collapsed sand, with clay and four spawners that never spawned anything (they had vanilla mob icons inside).  Again no treasure chest, but what a haul of mining: fossils, clay, marble, raw marble, limestone, saltpeter.  Fought some ended tots in the swamp.  Fun to annoy them then tread water when the parents show up -- they hate the water.  Then marked an autumn woods biome on the map and headed home. 

Well, here I am with 8 more chests full of stuff to sort!  No point trying to name it all, but hell, here goes:
- chain helm, 4 iron bars, 11 coal, 3 gold, 5 iron, 10 copper, 3 emeralds, 8 redstone, furnace, 3 chests, jukebox, 10 Al, life essence.
- 72 sand, 23 glass panes, 4 dispensers, 4x64+40 clay, 34 wheat, 8 furnaces, 5 chests, 2 signs, 5 ectoplasm, hexical essence, thaumium hoe, and oh look another force wrenched chest in there (70 sand, 111 soul sand, 64 ladders, 6 iron ore, 53 redstone, 36 clay, 5 buckets of water, 11 raw marble, 2 biofossils, and ANOTHER force-wrenched chest (40 arrows, 22oak wood, 22 brick blocks, 8 Cu ore, 6 Fe ore, gold, 4 iron, 2 boats, 2 saddles, book Infinity I, some food items and saplings))
- 10 stone, 106 sand, 59 sandstone, ores (2 Au, 4 Fe, 46 Cu), 64 clay, 38 lapis, 9 saltpeter ore, 29 marble, stalactites, amber ore, 4 limestone, biofossil, 2 relic scraps, 6 shards.
- 12 iron bars, gold, skel head, misc disc, 40 food items, 2 books (flame I), 6 essences
- etc etc

2244: Big project.  I started moving my main drop chests and sort pipes over to the cathedral.  I have decided on uses for the 3 main chambers on the first 3 floors, and will use the walls around the chapel for my future suit of armor collection. 

1A. dropoff and block storage
1B. wood works
1C. ore processing & smeltery
2A. food
2B. enchanting, mob drops, explosives
2C.
3A. better dungeons, dartcraft
3B.
3C. furniture, misc crafting
3D. along the big windows: mystcraft link books
3E. little shack up there = bar & grill


Anyway, the main dropoff sorts blocks into 3x5 double chests.  From there I was able to use the narrow 3-wide gap between the outer walls -- perfect size for some more diamond pipes sending 3 directions of goods up and over to other rooms!  By that scheme, I have room to send 27 items each to 4 different places: directly upstairs (food), up and across (enchanting, mob drops, explosives), 2 floors up (better dungeons, dartcraft), then out to the or processing are, with the unsortables coming back into the dropoff room for manual handling.  There are too many types of wood to sort them as a group, so wood will have to be dropped off separately.  All weapons are being made and stored in the mountain keep, and I may use the top village and castle there for magical crops and thaumcraft.

-- break --

Now I'm thinking the sort pipes can just go up and around, back and forth across that little 3-wide gap between walls: 1st floor A across to B (split off ores/metals to 1C), up to 2B across to 2A, across to 3A and 3B and 3C, and then drop any unsorted items back down to maybe 2C.  Each area could then have its own little array of sorting chests.  Some might have just 3 chests, some might have a 3x5 array.  Each work area can peel off as many batches of 9 items from diamond pipes as they need.  Hmm.  That would be a blast to build.

0132: Yes, it works!  Each work area has a row of chests with diamond pipes.  The goods flow from 1A (divert ores,ingots to 1C) to 1B to 2B to 2A to 3A to 3B to 3C leftovers chest.  That's epic.  I still have to hook up the many chests in the wood shop.  I won't be producing wood or plants here, since I'm in a frozen climate zone.  But I'd say that about the 150 basic items are sorted by type, purpose and/or mod.

Comments

Popular Posts