VeeTech - building new mod pack

9/6/2016 my own modpack ... VeeTech?

Well, my favorite adventure modpack of all time was Hexxit.  All those infernal mobs, ruins, castles, fortresses, armies to defeat, dimensional doors, new realms of magical things, animals to collect and breed, strange artifacts.  The best.  But after a while I want to build some kind of factory amid the chaos.  All they had for automation was the new vanilla hopper.  Yuck.

So here is my first venture into trying to make my own modpack!

Here are some mods that would add to the gameplay:
Magical theme:
- *+DartCraft
- *+magical crops
- *thaumcraft
More variety:
- useful foods (or Harvestcraft if I want to go nuts with food, plants, trees)
Basic technology:
- +Buildcraft
- +Factorization
- +Forestry / Extra Bees
- Redpower
- *Thermal Expansion (skip IC2)

I never used these but they're okay:
- asgard shields
This one is bloody and gross by I guess necromancy fits the theme, and I love those little reapers:
- Harken Scythe
Mods I never liked:
- qCraft (out of place here)


So here's what I need to match:
MC 1.5.2
Forge 7.8.1.737

Oh, FTB Unleashed runs the same versions, I can grab most of the mods from that folder (fingers crossed).

Ooh, Mystcraft would fit right in.  Currently having conflicts with obsidianplates and offlawn (both pretty useless). Fixed.

ThermalExpansion conflicted with an id in HexxitGear, fixed.  But then the modpack hangs on loading.

HexxitGear, index out of bounds, set Hexbiscus back to 2001.

Then Steve's Carts (a fun addition) conflicted with Harvestcraft (drop it for now).

Still no way to store large amounts of liquids, so try Railcraft.

Go for broke.  Add Redpower, and then for laughs Tropicraft ... seriously, we might get infernal dinosaurs out of this!!

Turns out Tropicraft is a batch of 5 mods and a coremod.  First there was a conflict with the Weather mod, but then I got it all working again.

And ... it's a world!

A whole new world of weirdness!

Oh wait, Tropicraft wasn't the dimension with the dinosaurs, it had the walking tiki heads and weird natives (I did like the AI on their native villagers though).  I was thinking of the Fossils and Archeology mod.  So, back off on Tropicraft, and remove the obnoxious Falling Meteors mod, which gives me room for a few other mods:
- Archimedes Ships
- Chisel mod
- Iron chests
- Jammy's or MrCrayfish's Furniture
If those all work out, then try
- LotsOMobs
- Fossils and Archaeology
- Minions

That will be an outrageous world with a HUGE play time to try a little of everything.  Will be hilarious if you go to all the trouble to find dino DNA, bring it back to life, only to get an infernal monster.

Archimedes Ships gave an exception, remove.  Jammy conflicts with ids used by Factorization, try MrCrayfish.  Tested: I got myself two chairs, a gold chest, and chiseled some cobble.

Try Minions and LotsOMobs next.  Some of the mobs from LotsOMobs duplicate creatures found in Project Zulu, but there's room for more than one species in my world.  Loads fine.

Remove ProjectRed (it was in a fairly early state in 1.5.2), add Fossils and Archaeology.

Slot 4093 is already occupied by com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.block.BlockBookstand@14f69fe9 when adding mods.fossil.blocks.BlockPalaeSlab@4b7c84bf

I dumped out an ID map from NEI, plenty of open numbers.

Loaded fine.  I ran around a bit, did some fresh terrain gen.  Nautilus swimming in sea, alligators in swamp.

Crashed on closing.  I should re-gen the world, too many mismatched & deleted blocks during the process.

Built a new world with the same seed.  Cheated myself 2 stacks of walls, a stack of arrows and torches and a legia bow just to get a footing in the world.  Ran around a bit, fought normal mobs, saw some foxes, found a floating village, then got stuck in a trapped ship I had never seen before: it had blaze and creeper spawners down below and half burned before I could clear it out.  6 spawners total.
#

Comments

Popular Posts