Trees & treeweaving

A few more videos, this time on tree management and then "treeweaving": how to build mega trees.

Episode 4: trees & a shrubbery

Most people know about chopping trees down and planting saplings.  maybe you didn't know that you can rearrange logs and leaves (captured with shears) into stable little shrubbery?

Episode 4A: treeweaving
This is a bit more advanced.  How you can meld trees together, plant trees on top of trees, add your own branches with real trees on top.  (Although the tree growth algorithm seems to have changed around MC1.4 ... used to be four saplings in a square would always make a "giant tree" with branches, but not anymore it seems.)  Then a tour of one of my best treeweaving projects from my Miranda world: about 60 blocks high with a patio, made from about 20 trees merged together, and it's a stable construct.

I know there are highly optimized methods of tree farming, but maybe that's for another episode.  I always just liked getting lumber from wild places on the edge of town.

By the way, I don't know any kind of episode numbering that can capture the multi-branching lore of Minecraft.  For now, regular numbers are for my vanilla tutorial series.  There may be an "M"series highlighted my favorite parts of the Miranda world that I ran for over a year.  Maybe an "I" series for a Tekkit world called Iconia.  As well as series spotlighting particular mods.  Bear with me ...

Comments

Popular Posts