Day 2 and Day 3

Here are the next few days of exploring ...

Day 2: bring a jacket!


Day 3: creeper says hi


This turned out to be a pretty good survival scenario.  The jungle is not place to start off, since there can monsters under the tree canopy all day long.  If I start in a hostile area I usually pick one direction per day, walk straight until noon, and leave markers so I can find my way back.

So what do I find?  Frozen tundra.  Another hostile environment.  At least it's better in terms of visibility, seeing the bad guys from a distance, and lots of room to run away.  Technically, you can survive there, even farm around frozen ponds if you put a torch at the water's edge to unfreeze a few blocks of water.  But it's such slow going in a tundra it's not worth sticking around.  I stay overnight, dodge a creeper, get some more resources and head home.

If you have some iron from your first night's dig, make at least one piece of armor (I usually start with the helmet for 5 iron and work my way down).  An iron pick is nice, but only use it on the hardest ores, put most of the wear on some cheap stone picks.  Stone shovel and stone axe are fine early on.  If you have 2 iron to spare, make shears and try to grab 3 or 6 wool from sheep, enough to make 1 or 2 beds.  Establishing a bed is important, because when you die that's where you will spawn, instead of out in the wild somewhere.

I hope you find some useful tips among my wanderings.  I try not to mutter all the time, and stay focused, but it's "live" action, and I never know when something will jump out that's worth mentioning.  It's amazing how much lore there is in a game that started as such a simple thing.



Comments

Popular Posts