Miranda world tour begins

I did a long narrative session today, now that my old Miranda world server is back up & running.  This is a world that was always private, but we had a few players who contributed to the exploration and design over the course of about a year and a half.  While this IS a bit self-indulgent, I think you will find some useful tips and odd quirky bits.

Yes, many other videos show servers that have mind-bogglingly complex Minecraft builds.  Our world was always survival and we had to fight and scrounge for every block of material, so our landmarks are a bit more humble.  But part of the interest is that the server ran for most of the history of Minecraft, starting before the official release ... so you will see some of the oldest terrain mixed with newer features.

Episode M1 runs from my first hole in the ground, through a chasm, through a desert patrolled by an iron golem ... to my first big build: a 45x45 pyramid built above ground AND excavated below ground to match.  And near the end I catch a very rare encounter: iron golem vs enderman.  Just shows: you never know what you might capture during even a routine walk.

Episode M2 moves on to my mushroom house, down to the chasm of doom where it has been known to rain creepers and skeletons.  I built a house way down there as a challenge: try living down there for 20 minutes in monster land without wanting to run screaming to the surface.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts