FTB Ultimate: new biomes & nuclear reactor

3/18/2022 FTB Ultimate

Concepts for my new biomes. The ones in my head ...

hennequen hills
- water blocks covered in grass covers
- tilled land w hennequen
- lighting: embedded green inv lamps
- some wheat patches
- 3-4 high fence posts with inv road lights on top, covered in vines
- pipes with leaf covers, odd shapes, 3-6 high
- blue flowers

flax ponds
- water blocks covered in lily pads
- tilled spots w flax
- lighting: inv redstone lamps
- some pumpkin, melon
- some IC2 melon crops
- orange & white flowers
- 2-3 high shrubs
- orange autumn oak

golden grain
- 75% wheat
- scattered corn
- yellow flowers
- occasional aurelia
- yellow wool on fence posts, 2-4 high "shrubs"
- yellow autumn oak
- lighting: embedded glowstone, some yellow inv lamps
- a few gold ore

white hills
- gravel with patches of dirt/grass
- "shrubs" of snow blocks & white wool, road blocks
- lighting: embedded inv white lamps
- stone outcrops with Al blocks, occasional Ag ore
- birch
- white & yellow flowers
- let a snowman walk around for a while
- IC2 reeds
- marble outcrops

Okay, bee activity ... for some reason I retired by industrious (pollen) and imperial (royal jelly) bees.  So I made batches of 8 species serums and dosed some of the throwaway princesses.  Will also try glittering + ender = valuable (platinum).

(2001) I have 4 new imperial and 4 new industrious princesses, grabbed 4 each of the perfectly stack purebred drones.  It's nice having those barrels of logs from the tree farm.  I brought over 10 stacks of oak logs and a few stacks of seed oil capsules, dropped them into the carpenters to make 14 then 35 impregnated casings.  Then 34 apiaries.  Threw some in the carpenter setup for impregnated sticks to get a heap of those.  Make a stack of each type of transport pipe, went out to the bee hexes and lined up 4 hives each for industrious and imperial.  Let the spice flow ...

I got the valuable p + 2d, that's the one that makes platinum.  I put them in the front alveary with the four frame housings, moved the ruby queen from there to my new bee hexes.

Next, I took 3 stacks of impregnated sticks and a stack of string and a xy fabricator and setup a super convenient way to make the unstackable impregnated frames on-site, right next to the apiaries where they are needed.

I popped to the Nether to drop down some barrels for the bee stuff.  Did the same for the junk combs from the two main alvearies, and added a ME access terminal on the bee lab roof to help sort the bees into the array of chests.

##

3/20/2022 FTB Ultimate

I had a brief visit last night, where I got a lavender bee pair, and hopped over to Autumn Village to hookup the first 8 apiaries full of dye bees.  While I was showing Anne how the chunk loaders worked ("Show Lasers") and tweaked my layout so all blocks fit in one chunk, I realized how manny of my other builds were probably not on chunk boundaries or chunk loaded properly.  I also made a half stack of yellow stained glass (sand + propolis + yellow dye in thermionic fabricator with a wax cast that wears out after 10 blocks), and decked out the first hex of my new bee colony with windows.

Weeds on my IC2 crops again.

Bees: try barren + arid = desolate.  My other barren bees had the [-] defect and did not produce a princess.  So I need a new p over there.  Try boggy + swamp = fungal.

(2221) Got desolate p + 2d.  Got the desolate species serum on first try.  More weeds over at the IC2 farm, and yeah, using the Weed-Ex has reduced all stats to about 0 1 0.  But I can't just sit there for hours monitoring it either.

(2240) Got fungal p + 2d, put them out at Marsh Bees hive #1.

(2312) I made 2 stacks of reinforced stone (8 stone around advanced alloy) and booked over to Desert2Suns, and setup my nuclear reactor.  I am going seriously to the safe side, with 3 Uranium cells, 12 heat vents, 3 30k coolant cells and a 180k coolant cell.  The industrial information panel says:

T: 0 - On
MaxHeat: 10 000
Melting: 8 500
Output: 35 EU/t
Remaining: 2:43:37

I should read up on what those numbers mean, but it looks like, after 10 minutes of running, that I have almost no wear on any components, a temperature of zero, and no immeninent threat of disaster.  I hooked up two MFSUs and a red alloy wire leading to an on/off switch on the outside of the structure.  MFSUs at 318k EU.  Turning it off for the night.  I made two more stacks of reinforced stone and a stack of reinforced glass to finish the containment dome tomorrow night.


 

Comments

Popular Posts