FTB Ultimate: Pi Day in block world

3/13/2022 FTB Ultimate

Darn Daylight Saving Time switch.  Nothing but headache and feeling crappy all day.  

Bee zone: try Invincible = Resilient + Ender (5%).  I have only two resiliant drones, but I do have a serum ... take my resilient queen and try a boost of normal fertility serum.  And resilient serum on a newly found marbled princess, along with one of my ender drones.

I was going to try Maroon = Forest + Valiant (5%) but I somehow don't have a single forest bee.  Aren't they supposed to be one of the super common default bees found in wild hives?  Even in the forest, every hive is a white water hive that usually gives marbled bees.  Funky.

Got invicible p + 2d.  Over at the forest bees, all 4 apiaries are now fully steadfast.

Try mysterious + esoteric = arcane.  Barren = Common + Arid (8%).  Darn it, after inoculation, my common queen got a [-] symbol.  It can still breed into a new species and maybe I can get the species serum, but it won't last long.

Arcane p + 2d.

After some flying around, I did manage to find ONE forest hive and bring back a p+d to get my population up & running.  Went digging for uraniu for my mutator, but with silk touch, I get the ore, not the blob needed for that device, so I had to make a new diamond pick with fortune II just for those few ores.   Got the arcane species serum.

... so of course my cropmatrons ran out of Weed-Ex and one whole plot was wiped out by reeds, including my only 3 stickreeds.  Argh.

###

3/14/2022 FTB Ultimate

Pi Day in block world...

I modified the cropmatron setup.  One advanced solar on the ground, going to two batboxes, one to each machine.  But when I tried putting a hopper over the cropmatrons, it would put the extra Weed-Ex in whatever slot was oprn, not just the right-hand side.

Got a barren p + 2d but with the [-] symbol.  Tried to get a species serum from one of the drones, two fails and he was gone.  Tp'd out to Yuma (desert temple waypoint) to put it in a desert apiary.  Stopped to drop off some sand inside the desert temple furnace area.  I had forgotten there was a sand & glass production line in there.  But it was out of coal, so I went down the ladder, wayy down, and found an abandoned mine.  Came up with 8 ruby ore and a bunch of other goodies.

I had one new stickreed when I got back, so I put it in the safe chest for later.  Expanded that little flower storage shack into "flowers & fertilizers".  Adding some fabricators with the key recipes for blue and brown fertilizer now, and it's within range of the ME wireless, so I have access to everything from there.  I put all the nuclear reactor parts into a new canvas bag (canvas stuff should also be moved to a new shack), took the 8 stacks of reed from IC2 crops to the farm stuff drop chest, took out stacks of rotten flesh from the mob drops chest and tp'd to Plains Base.  Crash.  Reload.  The MFE is at 228kEU and the xy tank is at 7 buckets of methane.  It is sustainable, and I recycle all the tin cans as I move them from one machine to another.  37 more cherry logs, multifarm is going well.  Grab the bee stuff on the way back: combs: 6 milky, 14 wheaten, 1 seedy, 2 citrus, 28 ancient.

Out of the blue, I was jetpacking back from Plains Base and admiring the many hills and open caves ... and decided to build the 600m road from Plains Base back to Vee City.  I started out from Plains Base on one end and next to the Nether portal in Vee City on the other end, and they met up just at a lake with some sheep wondering what I was doing.  There are a few spots where I can add a halfway shack, either in the birch forest or by some of the caves, for some future home-away-from-home adventure.

Over at Yuma (a.k.a. desert temple waypoint), I got 6 barren [-] drones.  I saw that the only other building in town was marked "Brick & Glass Factory" but was almost totally empty.  It had an advanced solar panel and MFE on the roof, so I went back to base for en energy bridge, MV consumer, BC producer and two thermal expansion furnaces.  And after a few tries I got the barren species serum.

I didn't get to set up the nuclear reactor yet, but I did put the parts and some coolant cells in an iron chest in Desert-2-Suns for future use.  Just outside the settlement are the 7 quarry pits, and across a bridge, beyond those, I'm thinking of one more quarry pit with the reactor then built over the center of the hole, in a red and white ball of xycraft shields.  That should be far enough away that even an accident should not wipe out the whole settlement.  The landscape is already wrecked enough.

I had some fun with dynamite out in the desert.  Add string to TNT to get dynamite sticks, make a dynamite-o-mote.  Rclick the dynamite into the world then rclick each one with the remote to add a grey blasting cap.  When done, stand back and rclick with the remote in hand to detonate them all.  Boom.  Be careful, if you miss when clicking on a stick you will set off all the one you've already capped.

Getting late...


 

Comments

Popular Posts