FTB Ultimate: Sunrise over my implosion compressor

3/8/2022 FTB Ultimate

Darn bees.  Let's get some actual construction projects done.

Grab an MFE (craft 8 more) and a gas turbine, a stack each of glass, basalt bricks, stone bricks, and book over to Plains Base.  There was an 8x6 pool just beyond my old fence, so I expanded the fence and inset a 4x2x7 xy tank there to be used for zombie flesh to methane power.  Well, the centrifuge blew up when I first set it up, and scared the crap out of me, but yeah, MFE is medium voltage so I came back with an LV transformer.  It's not the best power setup, since it costs 25k EU and 16 rotten flesh to make one methane cell, but that CH4 cell generates 45k EU in the gas turbine.  It's more of an odd/novelty experiment kind of setup.  The rest can be stored in the big tank that makes an exotic kind of floor.  I seriously thought the methane gas would be black but it's a pinkish red, so I should redo the frame of the building in the local cherry wood to match.

Whenever I use the link book back to Vee City, I get a crash (exception in world tick).  Heck, it's only 660 meters, so now i fly, hop, jog back to base from there.  I meant to take an inventory of which Forestry trees I do or don't have, but they're just a mess in each location, about half the leaves mutated, blotchy, with chunks taken out.  I should replant them all and start fresh.  In newer versions of Forestry, you would only see the changed leaf blocks if you put the spectacles on, but in this older version, you see the mixed-up colors all the time.
 
Then I took a book to Desert 2 Suns and built out the Blutricity lab with two blulectric alloy smelters and a blulectric furnace.  Signs on the walls gave the main recipes for red alloy, blue alloy and Si boule, and 6 barrels now hold nikolite, redstone, red alloy, blue alloy, blue wafers, etc.

A bigger project back at VeeCity: I had an IC2 crop breeding farm way back when, and it has been sitting by the zombie grinder, packed away in 6 iron/gold chests for years.  I rebuilt it just across the chasm, by the livestock.  Since there is no good way to move a chest in this pack, I built a little railway across the chasm with some booster tracks, filled up 4 chest carts and pushed them over, unloaded them, broke them, carried them back over.  That was fun.  I got 8 of my standard 3x3 breeding plots setup, but only had time to crop 3 of them.

Oh, the old routine: crops in the four corners and when they are partly grown, drop a double crop stick between them.  Then patrol, breaking any weeds and putting the double crop stick back up.  The cropnalyzer is a primitive thing.  When you rclick with it in your hand, you can only see your hotbar, so any seed bags you want to analyze must be in your hotbar, ignoring the rest of your inventory.  Then you have to drag each bag into the top left space 3 times to get all the stats.  And the little power gem only holds 100k EU and runs out after about 20 bags.

Anyway, that's the super old-school tech.  IC2 was revolutionary for its time.  Mainly, I want to setup a crop farm for all dye plants, but I want high-tier plants for that.  And I want to discover whatever GregTech crops were added to the basic IC2 species, in case they produce any useful resources.  And I'm curious which would be more productive, an IC2 crop that produces X vs a bee hive that produces X.

##

3/9/2022 FTB Ultimate

So, I comically went from one notoriously time-consuming sub-game (bees) to another (IC2 crops).

While those were growing and weeding out, I built a little short mead brewery between the End House and Twilight Forest House, with a xy tank for 160 buckets.  I did some laser mining under the city, and shuffled around the deep storage units which were hooked up to ME buses but were obviously not the storage targets.  With a diamond pipe sorting system, I moved about 10k of blocks down there.  Any of those common items in the ME system that hit about 7k should get dropped down here for, well, deep storage.  Manually for now, but I cleared out about 20% of my entire ME storage load.

Ti reserve: 199 ingots, 59 plates.  Cr reserve: 1 dust, 24 ingots, 17 plates.  UU supply: 895.

I made an analyzer for saplings, starting a tree breeding base inside the mostly empty End House.  Got a desert acacia, pretty sure that's a new species.

Made 16 Ir blobs from UU, compress to ingots.  Then 4 Ir ingots + 4 advanced alloy + diamond dust = iridium alloy ingot; plus 8 iTNT in implosion compressor for Ir plate.  Dang it, it's done on a rolling machine.  Well, I set up two rolling machines out under the coke ovens make rails and advanced rails to turn the railbeds into tracks and booster tracks.  Bump that recipe for a few minutes to make 8 Ir alloy ingots.  Jetpack over to the implsion compressor multiblock -- I have 3 fabricators within reach producing iTNT, and had 6 stacks available.  Fast recipe, 8 Ir plate ... the upcoming goal is to upgrade my nano armor to full quantum armor.  Oh the full set needs 10 of them, will do tomorrow.  They are also used in top-tier circuits and top-tier solar panels.

Sunrise over my implosion compressor with fireworks as the celebratory bees wake up for the day ... that was a screenshot worth grabbing.


Comments

Popular Posts