FTB Ultimate: Overloaded with ideas ... also, overflowing

3/15/2022 FTB Ultimate

Funny, but after zoning out at work and thinking of all this high-high-tech projects, I also thought it would be fun to invent some new biomes.  Like covering a hillside with hennequen (Hennequen Hills) and spamming those marshy isles on the road to Plains Base with flax (Flax Ponds).

I got the forest species serum after 7 fails; made 4 doses of good quality, went to inoculate two marbled princesses and saw there were two common princesses in the machine.  What were those going to be for again?  The only thing the apiarist databank lists: common + industrious = lead (9%).  Sure, but there are other things that could become and I'm very low on things to power the alveary mutators.

Forest + valiant = maroon (5%).

I ran out and dropped seeds for the start of those new biomes.  Sure, they both have to be on farmland with water spread around =, but it would be nice to see a different sort of green hills, and stop to grab some flax on the way to and from the other base.

A quick bedrock layer run with my mining laser turned up only one uranium.

I got a common/lead p + lead/lead d and lead/industrious d.  Tried to get a serum from the lead/ind but only got the industrious species serum.  Run the common/lead p with another industrious drone.

In the other alveary I got a maroon p + maroon/valiant d + ... well, I had a muscle spasm and threw the two drones up against a cactus, so those are gone.

OMG there were 21 uranium in the bee lab ME network, because of course there were, that's why I have a whole alveary running radioactive bees!

I ran over to check the ruby bees by the tree farm, and of course that chest overflowed, and some of the barrels inside the workshop.  64x64 raw plastic.  I stacked up more barrels outside for the vanilla logs & saplings, and moved some empty cells to where they were needed.  Also moved about 16 stacks of plastic to the packager that makes plastic sheets (over 50 stacks) and dropped those onto the fabricator that makes road blocks ... I think I have enough of all that for now.

I hopped over to the old biomass farm, which was also overflowing at the bio reactor.  So I redirected all the raw crop output to another row of chests, and can run biomass in the future if I want to.  Again, too much.

Common/industious p + 2 lead/industrious drones.  Ugh.  Try for the species serum with one of the hybrids.  Flowers pollination, nope, cave dwelling, nope, slowest flowering, extra nope, industrious species, already got a few, no humid tol, nope, shorter lifespan, nope, no temp tol, nope, boy that one drone has given a lot ... cave dwelling serum, and he died.  Guess I'll run the other pair.

Other alveary: forest/valiant p, maroon/heroic d, maroon/forest d.  Yeah, one of the source drones was a hybrid.  Species serum?  Got it on the 2nd try.  Make a batch...

Try forest + diligent = wooden (5%).

Another project: I was going to add some link book to/from Autumn VIllage to the little autumn tree farm at Vee City, but this old old version of Mystcraft has blocks I don't remember.  What is a link modifier block?  How do I make an intra-linking book?  Heck, I went into creative and made the link there are back with command blocks and pressure plates.  Bam, done.

Well, the common/ind gave me a mess of common, industrious and lead.  Throw the one lead hybrid into the isolator ... nope.  Try again later.

I got a wooden p + 3d on the first try.  Replacing the minium hive with those for a while.  My arcane bee gave the first enchanting drop, which is used to make armoatic lumps, whatever that's for.

Wow, running speed with the quantum armor is crazy fast.  I ran over to volcano/marsh base and dropped off all the clay from the sludge boiler in workshop 2, so that will be a clay, lithium and construction foam lab when I finish building it out.  I dropped down into the neighboring chasm, laser drilled a tunnel toward the Plains Base, and came out in a second chasm cutting through the swamp over by the new Plains Base Road.  I also found that I had a pairs of lime and aware bees over there, so check those off the big list.

I'm not sure I accomplished any of the objectives I had in mind, but I did stop at the end of the night to upgrade myself to full quantum armor.

##

3/16/2022 FTB Ultimate

I added a black-black-black ender chest to the IC2 crop farm, to send unwanted seed bags straight to recycling.

Over at volcano base, I added a macerator, compressor and canning machine to the new clay/foam workshop.  The process is to grind clay and coal, then add clay dust, coal dust, redstone and water cells to get 3 foam each, compress the foam to CF pellets and use the canning machine to fill those into a CF backpack.  Then with a CF sprayer in hand and backpack on back, you can spray construction foam onto scaffolds and let it dry to create new concrete-like blocks.  Really old school modded Minecraft, but the upside is that the finished blocks can be spray painted different colors.  And I brought an industrial electrolyzer to turn 8 clay dust (plus 10 empty cells) into 2[Li] + 4[Si] + 4 Al: + 4[Na].  I brought 4 stacks of beeswax, enough to make 6 stacks of wax capsules, to get water from the little 2x2 pool I made poking out from under the wall.  It should be a good kick start to the workshop.  It looks like the CF backpack can hold 256 pellets, enough for 3 medium-sized buildings.

(1956) A quick mining run down in the tunnel and chasms got 96 coal, and, being a slime-filled swamp outside, 26 slime balls.  That's a good start on this lab.

Quick check on IC2 crops.  Take 3 stacks of pulsating propolis to End House, where it converts to pulsating mesh, and 5 of those in a carpenter (with no liquid) makes an ender pearl.  From there, drop off 40 pollen at the Mead House: my big tank has 64 buckets of mead and sure enough this generic pollen (from Industrious bees) makes the Antidote III curative in the infuser.

(2033) I did a pretty long run of tasks ... first, I took my command block hop to East Coast waypoint, which is a tiny slab of swamp at the edge of a lake, but it butts up again a hill with a huge deep dark ravine in it, and about 60 blocks across the water was my old, old "Ocean bee base" that I only needed a few times to breed the ocean bees, then dismantled.  The main attraction is the portal to a far end of the Twilight Forest, so I put up a quick building and wall around that and jumped in to see what was on the other side.  Which was a wide open plain that I now know almost always has a minotaur maze beneath it.  I lasered a quick stairway down into the black pit and headed home.

I spent some time expanding the tree farm area so that the vanilla saplings and logs go to the barrels I moved downstairs, and I widened that access tunnel to my standard 3x3.

I checked on my IC2 crops and have one new stickreed and one greenish yellow crop that looks like it might need an iron or gold block to mature fully.

I made a new ME Chest and a 4k storage chip, put it down next to the mob drops ME Chest and transferred over all the rotten flesh, just over 4000.  I booked over to Plains Base and put that on the powerline at the flesh-to-methane house.  The multifarm gave another 2-1/2 stacks of cherry logs and the bees gave the usual assortment of combs: 85 ancient, 4 seedy, 42 wheaten, 4 milky, 5 citrus.

Over at the sludge boiler, the output chest has 4x64+36 dirt, 6x64+15 sand, 76 quicksand (useless), 11 soul sand, 3x64+36 clay balls (after I took 9 stacks to the new clay lab), 76 cracked sand.  I grabbed some of the sand and headed to the bee lab basement with a stack of tin and made 36 tin electron tubes then 25 farm blocks, 2 hatches, a gearbos and a valve, for my next multifarm.  But I think I want this to be a maximum size farm, like the crazy one I'm watching hypnotizd build in an old Hermitcraft series.

Whoa, the ruby bees in the alveary with the 4 proven frames ... I guess I haven't checked it in a while, since it had 9x64+29 rocky comb and 65 ruby combs.  From my short line of apiaries underground: 4 pyrite, 5 tungsten, 7 cinnabar, 7 titanium, 53 rocky.

I don't know what the new crop is.  Hopefully ferru.  In any case, I stocked up on Weed-Ex and am now crossing it with the reeds on either side of it.  AH, it poofed out some gold leaves and dropped a gold nugget, so it's aurealia.  I'd like to get a seed bag for that one, but let's see if it can spread to a second crop stick for safekeeping.

Headed to bed...


 

Comments

Popular Posts