FTB Ultimate: evaluating fusion, and exploring a bit

3/21/2022 FTB Ultimate

I am going to put the IC2 crop breeding on hold for a while and focus on other things without having to worry about weeds.  Done.  Just replace any crossed sticks with pumpkin and move on.

At Autumn Village, I replaced a 2x7 farm plot with 8 IC2 dye crops and filled the rest in with potatoes.  The bee chests have combs: 1 prussian, 2 bleached, 5 slate, 2 azure, 4 lime, 2 saffron and a new barrel for the generic combs.  It's actually a very large village rambling between ponds and cliffs and up onto hilltops.  I will have to come back and write up a directory for it someday.  But for now, the neighboring house will need some centrifuges and storage.

Back at Vee City, I want to try this crazy hack that Hypno did in his video last night (episode 22?) where he crafts some gravity guns, then throws a diamond into a 2x2 pond to get hit by lightning (making a Twilight Forest portal) with them in his inventory -- this supercharges them, them he can go to an uncrafting table and for 9 levels each, he gets back a nether star and most of the original ingredients.  Anyway, out of ender pearls at the main ME network.  At the bee ME network, 124 pulsating propolis, and 5 of those makes a pulsating mesh (I got 38), and 5 of those in a carpenter makes an ender pearl, so I grabbed 12 and left it running for later.

While I had big plans for setting up a factory for nuclear reactor parts on Desert2Suns, what I need first is more wireless coverage around VeeCity, so I dug a fresh tunnel through the Bee Lab to a spot over by the Mead House.  Now my wireless coverage runs from 227,346 (xeno lab) to 277,-377 (Twilight Firest house) tp 244,-241 (villagers I never trade with) to 225, -262 (coke ovens).

Pick up dusts from bee lab: 38 ruby. 14 Ti.  My titanium reserve: 220 ingots, 59 plates.  Chrome: 28 ingots, 17 plates, 12 dust.

Recycling shop: chest of best items: 5 red garnet, 4 yellow garnet, 5 machine parts, 6 adv circuit board, 15 basic circuit board, 6 adv circuit parts, 4 elite circuit board.  I dropped 8 stacks of rubber into the wire insulator fabricators and a stack of copper into the wire puller, ran some batches in the GT assembling machines for circuits, adv circuits, data storage circuits (DSC).

Back to the long-term goal of a fusion reactor.  It needs at least 100 advanced machine casings.  Each one takes 6 Cr plate, a highly advanced machine block and 2 data control circuits.  Review those recipes:

ABA/BCB/ABA (adv circuit, DSC, Ir plate) = 4 data control circuits
ABA/BCB/ABA (Cr plate, Ti plate, steel machine hull*) = HAMB (* = cheapest option)
8 steel plate + machine parts = steel machine hull
AAA/BCB/AAA (Cr plate, DCC, HAMB) = 4 advanced machine casings (AMC)

Okay, I setup xy fabricators right below the assembling machine chest for those three recipes, culminating in the AMCs.  So 4 of those take 10 Cr plate, 4 Ti plate, 1/2 an Ir plate.  I got 8 AMCs.  I feel like I stashed some others somewhere a year or two ago but they're not in the ME network.

It looks like the xy fabricators will not process recipes from UU matter.

##

3/22/2022 FTB Ultimate

There are still a lot of things I have never done in this modpack, like using terraformers to create new biomes, turn on/off the rain, Railcraft high speed rails, GT fusion reactor, GT various odd machines, IC2 teleporter, force fields, power suits, actually using a gravity gun for any reason.  General tasks yet to complete: all the bees, all the trees, all the IC2 crops, find the craziest Mystcraft age, finish the areas with those three custom biomes I described a few posts ago.

I had projects planned, but also wanted to do some exploring, so I made a new Mystcraft age.  It was void with mining fatigue, so that got put in the dud world chest.  I popped in on "forest isle" - dud and one other that had serious Hunger.  Dud.  The next one I made had pages for extreme jungle, extreme hills edge and nether fortresses, and that's exactly what I got, with low level mining fatigue.  That was fun to explore, with some crazy vistas of tangled cliffs dripping with trees, and some libraries in nearly inaccessible edges ... except that I had a jetpack, of course.

Back to Desert2Suns, I added some more reinforced stone & glass, completing a 1-to-2-layer dome around the reactor, and running it again until I had 1 million EU in the MFSUs.  So, my first million from a nuclear reactor, after 11 years of playing Minecraft.  I then did some visual improvements to the nearby saltpeter farm and flew off to the distant parts of the map to find new things.  Beyond the desert, there are some gorgeous forested hills, some with hills going up to treetops of 141x, with some pictureqsue spots for libraries, and an occasional wisp altar to clean up.

COming back, I made more yellow stained glass and added to the bee hexes.

A quiet night with no big strategizing, just exploring and tagging new waypoints.


Comments

Popular Posts