FTB Ultimate: all the fluids

3/1/2022 FTB Ultimate

Of course I already had a file for tracking all species of bee -- it was in my notes folder.  So I updated the counts for those.  It included all the breeding pairs, and other useful info.  Guess I did my homework way back when.  I lost my waypoints, couldn't even remember which map mod this pack was using.  Turns out it's VoxelMap and it puts its map data in AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods/VoxelMods/VoxelMap/worldname.points, which is not very portable.  Fortunately, I had my own text file full of waypoint data, and I was surprised to see there were about 40 waypoints across the world, including about 4 other villages.  So I had fun securing Village 91 and Redwood Village, making the usual safe market house.

I visited some Mystcraft dimensions, and sure enough "Desert 2 Moons" was one of those memorable ones that I thought was connected to my old VeeTech world.  It had the four quarry pits, the library, a few cobbled-together buildings (haha) and two saltpeter mines.  I moved the blutricity lab over to the main empty building here, since it contributed nothing to Vee City but over here, a building with 15 solar panels and two battery boxes hooked to some alloy furnaces is a main tech hub.

##

3/2/2022 FTB Ultimate

Woo hoo!  I was able to get my previous laptop up and running long enough to go to the \AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\VoxelMods\voxelMap folder and get my old .points file.  So, now I have 197 waypoints instead of 7.

I have almost no settlements in the Twilight Forest.  One book to "Twilight Maze Town" goes to two small buildings in a clearing over a minotaur maze.  Interestingly, a white-green-white ender chest will send its stuff here, chunk loaded.  "Naga Field" is about a 15x15 tree breeding area with 3 apiaries and a few different trees.  And "Twilight Tower Base" is a room about halfway up a dark tower, with just a linkbook home and nothing else built aside from some tiny decoration blocks.

 

 

Now, I came here to make some of the old-school Forestry machine blocks, and setup a place to make the GregTech machine casings.  My favorite crafter in this pack is the Xycraft fabricator.  They chain together so easily.  For example, I have three of them in a row with three dispensers beneath.  The signs on the dispensers say "Add Iron", "Add Refined Iron" and "Add RS, tin, copper wire".  The fabricators make iron furnace on the left, RE batteries on the right, and converge to make generators in the middle.  Poof, add some stacks and half stacks and get 11 of them.

For some reason the fancy AE assembler chamber won't craft any of the AE memory components, even though it has the recipes, and the crafting monitor doesn't really help much in this version.  I just replaced a classic double automat (two levers, 2 wooden pipes, iron pipe, 2 autarchic gates, 2 autocrafters and a dispenser) with two fabricators and a dispenser ... add coal dust to get carbon fiber -> raw carbon mesh, to be compressed into carbon plate.

I see what was wrong with my AE recipes: those AE storage recipes used to take the golden/etc chipsets from the assembly table, but now they use the original AE recipes with the quartz cutting knife and the smelting step.  So I popped down two more fabricators to make the cutting knife, golden and diamond items.  Then made new patterns for those items, made four 4k and two 16k drives, used the IO Port to compact stuff from smaller disks onto the ME network, added a 4k and 16k to the main network and two 1ks, a 4k and a 16k to the network in the bee lab.

I did end up making a peat bog, turbary and arboretum on the workbenches next to the thermionic fabricator, where I made the tubes (the circuit boards were made in the carpenter upstairs), and saving them as plans.

Then it was just a crafting party.  All kinds of recipes I had not seen in a while.  The industrial grinder can grind sphalerite ore with a bonus tiny pile of yellow garnet dust, which can go in the industrial centrifuge to get those weird mineral dusts.  Between those and the ruby dust that comes from centrifuging redstone, those are pretty much the only sources of chromium in the game, and I need several stacks of Cr to make the casings for the fusion coils to the fusion reactor, a.k.a. the biggest end-game power project of the pack.  Yup, 9 ruby dust = 1 Cr dust, 20 uvarovite dust = 2 Cr dust, along with other stuff.

As for titanium, that can either comb from bees one tiny pile at a time, or [IND.ELEC] 12 bauxite dust = 2 tp of Ti dust.

Finally, checking the liquid registry in NEI, these are the things that can be stored in tanks:

in my big tanks:
water, lava, oil, fuel, creosote oil, biomass, ethanol, milk, monster essence

other:
coolant (no recipes), black ink, steam, nitrogen

only exist inside the thermionic fabricator?
molten gold, molten diamond, molten obsidian, molten tin, molten bronze, molten silver, molten iron,
molten emerald, molten copper

xycraft liquid dyes:
molten lime green dye, orange, blue, primer, black, yellow, light gray, cyan, green, brown, red, gray, magenta, light blue, pink, purple, white

elements:
wolframium, lithium, sodium, silicon, berylium, calcium, chlorite, potassium, mercury

compounds:
sodium persulfate, calcium carbonate, glyceryl

nitro-diesel, nitro-coalfuel

TE only:
molten redstone, molten ender

bee stuff:
acid, poison, liquid nitrogen, seed oil, honey, apple juice, crushed ice, short mead. liquid DNA

MFR stuff:
sludge, sewage

gaseous items:
hydrogen, methane, nitrogen, nitrogen dioxide

end game fusion reactor stuff:
helium plasma, gaseous deuterium, gaseous tritium, gaseous helium-3

So, the liquids are not so simple.  Some only exist in cells, some can be put in cells but not buckets, and a few can be placed directly in the world.  I suppose I have to create a test tank and click all kinds of things into it to see if they are recognized.  Aside from the main big tanks, I know I used to have some smaller railcraft tanks on top of the advanced machines building, but I also vaguely recall taking those down again.  In my head I am picturing lining up the different colored liquid tanks along the walls of the big ravine that runs under the town.



Comments

Popular Posts