FTB Ultimate: from bees to mass fab

3/6/2022 FTB Ultimate

I have a variety of small projects on my mind.  For the multiblock tanks that are filled, I made a few stacks of wax capsules.  So, the crushed ice now has 3 stacks of capsules in a barrel next to it.  The biomass tanks also have a barrel where overflow can be stored in those super-cheap capsules.  I tp'd out to an oil waypoint with my "portable pump kit" (canvas bag full of parts) and started pumping ... but it dried up right away.

In the old village part of Vee City, I marked a house as "Hunter's Handguns" about 3-4 years ago.  So I finally went in, saw that no recipes had been setup yet, and added the recipes to make the gun and a few types of ammo.  Tested out some sand shot on neabry creatures.  I'm not into guns, but I can check this off my list after making the other types of ammo.  Maybe there is one that I like.  Who knows?  This world has no real threats, as there are no infernal mobs, no OreSpawn mobs, no AoA mobs ... just the vanilla guys who are no real challenge.  It is a crafting and technology pack.

I thought I was low on ender pearls, so I found 3 ender princesses that had the End pollination trait and the insta-kill "Ends" effect.  I inoculated them with flower pollination and effect cancellation serums, put two in the backlot apiaries and stored one for later.

Now, over by my inactive MFR tree farm, I have that lineup of automater apiaries of gem bees.  Seeing how much I actually need ruby dust for chrome for the end-game machine blocks, I made a batch of ruby species serum and injected three of my spare princesses.  Synthesizer, purifier, inoculator, what a grindy process, but it is endlessly fascinating at the same time.  While I was at it, I replaced the caffeine queen in the back lot with my doctoral queen that sometimes drops "handful of jelly babies".

Next new species: demonic + esoteric = mysterious (4%).  Inoculate a marbled princess to demonic, and into the mutator alveary.  Yeah, that gave a demonic bee that won't function in the overworld.  How about the other way around???  Esoteric princess coming up.

I made 32 armor stand and setup two display batches, one by the enchanting lounge and one on the second floor of the old stone workshop that I cleared out a few nights ago.  Each location had a chest almost full of dropped armor pieces from the mob grinder.  I made four stand each for leather, iron, gold and chain armor and was surprised to see that iron stuff almost never drops.

I grabbed the "Quarry bag" and booked over to the Desert 2 Suns world.  I setup a new quarry over there, and the setup only takes 3 blocks!  Energy tesseract back to my BC Power channel, then an ME Chest with 16k disk and the quarry itself.  Boom.  When I left it have over 1000 cobble and a whole row of other stuff, and the disk had only use 1900 of 16384 bytes.

Back at Vee City, yes, I got the mysterious drone & princess & 2 occult combs.  Those produce magic wax which I guess make magic capsules.

It has been very stormy, so my lightning rod MFSU shows 8 million EU and the mass fab next to it was made 91 UU.

I stopped at the main lab to drop 3 stacks of redstone into centrifuges and my full stash of 70 ruby dust into the elctrolyzer.  I checked my wireless ME and saw 3x64+54 tiny piles of yellow garnet dust, so I made.  Checking my stash, my total Ti supply is 159 dust, 40 ingots, 59 plates.  My Cr reserve is just one dust and 17 plates.  Let me run over to the TE array and smelt those Ti dusts .. oh, right, it can only be smelted in the industrial blast furnaceat 128,000 EU and 50 seconds each.  That's far from convenient.  The chest at the ind blast furnace has 64+56 refined iron, 64+41 silver, 64+41 lead, 104 steel, 2x64+22 dark ashes67 CaCO3 cells and 66 empties, 49 Si plate.

Over at the recycler house, the "best of the best" chest has an emerald, red garnet, 3 yellow garnet, 1 olivine, 20 advanced circuit parts, GregTech4 circuit boards (33 basic, 4 advanced, 2 elite), 11 machine parts.  Grab those and take them to the assembling machine area.
 
The mysterious queen had 3 drones and I got the mysterious species serum on the first try.  Now inoculating another innocent generic bee so I can run it with sinister for a minium bee (11%).  Into the mutator alveary ...

Back at the centrifuges, I have 24 Cr dust.  I see 89 rubies in the AE netowkr, let's grind a stack of those and centrifuge them.  Chroms dust also needs the ind blast furnace, 104,00 EU and 40 seconds each.  That's an AFK project for another day.

Pop back over to Desert 2 Suns, and the quarry is done.  Take the 16k disk out, put the rest back in the quarry bag.  Put the disk in the IO Port back at the ME Hub and upload to network.  Boom, thousands of items transferred in a blink.  That's another prime use for the ME CHest.  Tuck the quarry bag back in its chest for another day -- I just wanted to see how I had set that up years ago, and as soon as I saw the blocks in the bag, the design was obvious.

Stormy again.  It's slowing down the bees, and I keep doing "/weather clear", but my lightning rod caught another 10 million EU and there are 40 more UU in the chest.  So I added 15 Uranium dust as a booster (1,000,000 units or about 4 UU each).

Woo hoo, minium princess & drone, 3 honey comb, 3 occult comb, and a marbled drone.  Getting late, gotta run...



##

3/6/2022 FTB Ultimate

Well, the minium bee was a minium/sinister hybrid, so now I have a princess and drone.  Oops, the drone was a tough guy, let me extract 7 serums before disappearing, but then I needed the drone to run a new generation.  Back to converting a princess into mysterious and running it with a sinister again.

(2110) Also, let's try steadfast + valiant = heroic, which has a 4% chance but only in a forest biome.  Got some steadfast drones, w valiant princesses and 2 marbled drones to turn into valiant.  And two more impregnable hives because they're the ones that produce titanium dusts. (2117) two shots got me half a mysterious princess, but I need to run some more serums.  (2119) Still inoculating the mysterious p, got one more valiant p.  One impregnable, ran out of serum.  (2122) Mysterious princess is being stubborn with her lapis half, ran out of serum again.  The other two are also not taking their shots. (2125) valiant and impregnable serums gone, making new batch.  It's storming again anyway, so most of the bees are in their hives avoiding the weather.  (2126) 3 more of each serum, come on guys.  I grabbed some soul frames and 6 apiaries and tucked them into a canvas bag -- I am ready to roll to a forest to setup this breeding group.

(2128) Mysterious+sinister are in the mutator alveary #1.  (2133) Dang it, I went to setup my two new impregnable hives downstairs but they need cave dwelling serum for that.  Over at the lightning rod, the MFSU still shows 10 million EU, and after putting 13 U dust in the mass fab, I have 3x64 UU matter in the chest ... put that in the ME network, get more U.

(2140) Actually, let me go down to the bottom of the chasm and check on the lightning rod ... sure enough, there are two more MFSUs down there, each with 10 million EU stored up.  Now, here's a list of all the amplifiers for the mass fabricator:

Pu dust = 2M
U dust = 1 M
Th dust = 500K
Os dust = 200K
diamond dust = 125K
pulv shiny metal, Pt dust = 100K
ender eye dust = 75K
ender pearl dust, tungsten dust, ruby dust, sapphire dust, green sapphire dust, emerald dust, olivine dust = 50K
scrapbox = 45K
glowstone = 25K
scrap, redstone, nikolite, Mn dust, forcicium = 5K

(2146) Back to the bees, I got a pur minium p + 2d.

(2204) I warped to a jungle waypoint and jetpacked around until I found a Forest biome at 1393, -1251.  Dropped down 4 automated apiaries, each with a valiant p and 8 steadfast drones and a soul frame for faster mutation, shorter life.  Made a new waypoint.  Heard a crackling sound and had to rush to put out a forest fire from a nearby lava pool.  Then the bees said "no flowers, waaah" so I flew out a bit and brought back some flowers.  Sure are fussy little things.  There is a lot of (noisy) livestock in the area, but my two safari nets and launcher are gone.  Must have left them somewhere.  I ran around breaking hives, got 3 more marbled princesses, which are my favorite base bees for changing to new species.

(2218) I got a valiant/steadfast and valiant/heroic drone first time through.  (2219) Same result for the next hive.  (2223) Two valiant/steadfast.  (2225) Tp home and see if maybe I can get a heroic serum from one of these two drones.  It's a longshot.  Effect cancellation, valiant species, HEROIC species, with both drones left. (2236) Got a pure heroic princess, now converted one of the valiant/heroic drones to pure heroic, and putting them in an apiary on the back lot.  Ugh, they don't have the heroic effect, since they were made in an offhand way ... guess I have to splice that gene back into them.

(2248) Winding down for the night.  Trying Ripening = Sugary + Forest (5%).  And Ashen = Slate + Bleached (5%).  Got the slate species serum on the first try.  Converting a marbled p to bleached.

(2258) Got fruity p + 3d.  According to ftbwiki, that is the only outcome.  (2321) Went on a little mining laser run, to feel like I did something.  Got pure ashen p + 2d, and the species serum.


Comments

Popular Posts