Vega Conflict - 7/7

Vega Conflict is pretty much just a random space game I clicked on on Facebook.  The graphics ar ever pretty, but it's really too simple: build a base from stock parts, build ships from stock parts, fight neutral fleets to get stuff.  It has a reasonable array of technologies to research, though the costs soon become astronomical and there's always the little nagging stuff where you can skip 2 or 12 hours of research time by paying for a few tokens.  I admit, I spent about $20 so I could investigate the game faster.  When you Launch a Fleet, the orbital view is impressive: layers of neutral and player bases and a constant stream of transports you can whomp on.  There's also a stream of "missions", which send every player down pretty much the same path: build this, fight that, etc.  At one point it started recommending that I attack other player's fleets and bases, but I hate PvP.  I was expecting that when my noob protection wore off my whole base would be decimated by dorks.  I can see in the chat area that players do team up and go on raids on other sectors.  I don't care for any of that.  I'd like to just build my little empire and be left alone.  So far, no attacks on me that I know of.  If someone tries, I think I'm plenty armed to deal with it.  Of course, there's the lame option of paying $1 a day to have a protection shield.  Good monetization, but I don't like it.

My main fleet has 2 longbow destroyers, 3 genesis cruisers, and a harrier, all decked on in good armor and weapons -- I can take out a level 15 fleet but with 2/3 losses on my side.  All neutral fleets above level 5 have a pair of destroyers that hang back and fire nasty long-range weapons, so frankly I'd rather hit a bunch of wimpy level 5 cargo fleets and take almost no damage than to hit one big fleet and have to rebuild half my fleet when I get home.

There are only 4 resources in the game: Helium-3, Mineral Ore, Zynthium, and Antimatter.  The first 3 can be sucked from any asteroid, depending on which type of mining unit you build.  Antimatter looks like you can only get from attacking Antimatter fleet from near the alien artifact, and those start at level 20.  It's a pretty good system overall, though the fleet battles are hugely redundant already.  For level 5 and under I don't even have to move -- the enemies just fly straight at me and never even get a shot off, since my long-range weapons take them out.  Quite limited.  But hey, I just upgraded to Ship Factory V, Ship Bay V, and I'm researching the next tier of ship: Rancor Battleship.  I'm hoping with 2 of those to really do some damage out there in the shipping lanes.  But again, the costs are absurd: 213k He3, 247k Mineral,

280k Zynthium just to research this one ship AND it will take over 13 hours.

YIkes: to upgrade to Bridge IV will take 1.8 MILLION of each resource PLUS 444,764 antimatter, which I can't even get yet, plus I have to upgrade to Ship Bay & Factory VI first.  I'm not sure those numbers really add up in a sensible way.

My base has 4 Combat Modules (3,3,3,4), Ship Factory V, Ship Bay V, 2 storage units (1,4), Bridge III, Arms Lab V, Ship Lab V, Tach Lab IV, and 4 each of the miners (3-4).  Now I'm waiting on a 13 hour research project and a 15 minute upgrade.

Guess there's not much more to do tonight.

###

Comments

Popular Posts