Tekkit Classic - 7/11 to 7/12 - just like old times

I gifted myself some pipes and set about rebuilding all those pipe networks.  Luckily I had converted to teleport pipes and dismantled my long-range pipelines, they were causing too much lag.  I had my teleport IDs written down on a slip of paper by the computer monitor for many months, that has vanished in decluttering boxes, but I started a new list.  Hooked up my recycling room as ID 110, and so on.  Huh, while fixing pipes I got a "saving chunks" screen followed by what looks like a crash.  Restart tekkit.  World is fine.  Finish hooking up my old ore processing lab.  I can see which phantom pipes used to be gold because there are redstone torches next to them.  Real issue if getting samples of each item to reprogram the diamond pipes where routing decisions get made.  Oh well.  Main goal for right now is replacing phantom pipes with valid pipes to avoid possible crashes in future.  Boy my stockpile was getting nuts.  My temporary iron chest for holding dusts, there are: 64 Ag, 64+37 bronze, 11x64 Sn, 18x64+22 Cu, 11x64+20 Fe.  No idea what I was going to use it all for!  Way more in the final holding chests upstairs.

Off to my bronze lab.  Repaired.  Fixed up my biofuel lab.  Whacked all those pipelines that sorted stuff under my HQ and ran goods to the bakery, bar & grill, garden shack -- I can really just drop those items off by hand.  Ran across the bridge to Red Sands -- all those construction foam buildings are intact -- installed the receiving teleport pipe there (ID 111).  Stopped at my lava pier on the way back, had fun recreating my bucket brigade that fills lava cells using deployer and some advanced wooden pipes to filter exactly what gets pulled out at each step.  Wicked storm going on out here.

Oh yeah, way back then, signs were unstackable.  A lot of them popped off while I was replacing phantom pipes on automats.

Don't really need em, they were for explaining things to other players, and now it's singleplayer.  So signs take up a lot of storage space now.  I mean then.  I miss those tool repair boxes (alchemy chest with talisman of repair in them) and the item exchangers from EE2: I have one in each major settlement with a chest marked "samples" next to it ... so I can put iron bars into the box, convert to EMC, then pull out sand and make 8 or 10 stacks of it ... poof!   I know that EE2 was hugely abused by the gaming community, so easy to cheat and make huge arrays of energy condensers.  But I really liked the logic of it when used responsibly.

###

Tekkit Classic World 7/12

Just a quick visit after a long day.  Build new MFE, upgrade to MFSU.  Replace the MFE in my power station with MFSU and MV transformer.  Drain off old MFE into it.  Take those solar panels off roof, replace some of the solar panels above it with a Low Voltage Solar Array.  Still a raging storm out here as I install new wiring up high.  I remember this modpack has a really good environmental sound f/x mod.  Now there are birds chirping, seagull cries and waves at the beach ... that was a quality mod.  Upgrade to MFSU complete.  Then I repaired pipes and teleports for my town water & oil tank farms.  MFSU at 900K when I left.

###

Comments

Popular Posts