FTB Ultimate world - 7/5 to 7/6 - explore

FTB Ultimate world - 7/5

On new laptop, hanging out in living room under a nice cooleiling fan.  Now that I'm mobile again (in mean in the game), I did a quick run down under the desert to clear out the endless caves there.  A pretty good haul of ores, but heck, I want my backpacks back, so ... made miner's & digger's packs.  Last autoenchant gave me Power III, put another book in there.

Rutt logged in.  I took him out to the red rocks.  He couldn't keep up with me running thru tunnels, I wonder if the Quantum Armor has a speed bonus?  We had fun running around the red rocks, up and down valleys, then he spotted a village from way up high.  We dropped down to check it out.  There were creepers in some of the houses, acting like villagers, so he named it Creeper Valley.  We walled it off, and I dug a stairwell down to some massive caves below (for cobble to make walls).  We sealed off the village, and I ran home, a few disconnects as I got to my red rocks cave hangout.  Will continue later.

After midnight, run home frm red rocks overland.  At the glaciers, I hung a right, drilled through the big stony cliff there and found a striking enclosed area, maybe 20x20 surrounded by 25-block stone cliffs topped with snow.  Beyond that I thought I saw a village in the distance, but it was just a smithy and a farm.  I set a waypoint, headed back to my tunnel, over to the ice house.  Did some brief exploring there, found a big cavern nearby with 3 endermen at the bottom.  We had a staring contest, and each came over and got a good whack with my Disjunction III sword.  THen each of them teleported away.

Ran home.  Ran some ghasts in spawner/grinder, and blasted stairs down to near bedrock while waiting.  Got heaps of ore (10 bauxite, 14 Fe, 12 Al, 5 quartz ore, 13 coal, 1 amber ore, 2 cinnabar, 10 RS, 17 Nik), then 11 ghast tears on my way back to bed.

###

FTB Ultimate world - 7/6

Almost midnight again.  I decided to start building an overland road from our villages to glacier -> red rocks.  Will be a long haul, but I like road building.  I made it out to the marble chasm and hooked up a few old shacks and tunnels along the way.  When it got dark I mined, came back out in daylight and kept going.  Broke my pick and sword on that little trip.

Ores: 15 Fe, 8 Cu, 1 Ir (!), 8 Ag, 3 Pb, 6 monazit, 4 grn sapphire.  Made a new diamond sword and added Disjunction II from a book for 3 levels.  Made a green sapphire pickaxe, added Efficiency IV for 6 levels.  Waiting for night, will sleep it off then run back out to continue this long build.

After quite an effort, I ran the road across the narrow forest, uphill to the ice sheet, and connected it to my Ice House.  From there it goes up those old stairs to my glacier lair with bed, then through the mountain.  I blasted a stairwell down from there to the shore of the autumn woods, then ran across the ice to the isolated Smithy.  I fenced that off, but the lone villager buggered off.  I couldn't get him to come back up the hill to his smithy.  Then he got whacked by a zombie.  But at least this tiny settlement has been secured for future use.  Made it though the night, spotted a small silverwood tree across the river.  Harvested it, but got only 8 logs, no saplings, one cinderpearl, bummer.  Ran home overland, new route, passing the biggest tree (widest canopy, not the tallest) I've seen anywhere in overworld -- though it might be a Greatwood tree, but it was just a 2x2 oak.  Pretty.  I quickly hit the outskirts of our village and ran home at super speed.

 Replaced the depleted energy cell in sawmill/multifarm.  CHeck multifarm -- yikes: 16x64 oak logs, 7x64 apple oak saplings, 5x64+51 apples, 4x64 sand, this thing has been cranking out materials.  Drop in 2x64 dirt from my road building trip, good to go for a while.

Done for night.

#


Comments

Popular Posts