Hexxit World 7/13

This session started off badly - I went out at night, fought a few slimes and a creeper snuck up behind me, boom.   Not much damage, but I accidentally looked at an enderman who came over and POW, dead.  Respawned, still night, naked and got shot by skeletons.  Spawned again, made it back to my heap of junk, enderman ran off, one gold-armored skel shooting my direction as I tried to get my armor back on.  Ran home.  Next mission: clear out that big dungeons building with the spawners inside.  I ran around it, looked in windows to locate the spawners, then hacked thru walls behind them and destroyed them.  Still, there were about 2 spiders, 2 skels and 6 blazes in there.  On of the spiders hit me with some kind of darkness spell; one of the blazes had some kind of swirlies around it and was hard to kill.  With lots of dodging and slashing I was able to clear them out, BUT there's a whole second floor down below, with more spawners, which is now full of badguys: looking through holes in floor I see a giant blue slime, spiders, skels and blazes.  At a guess I'd say this is the Better Dungeons mod.  A good challenge.  Not much in the way of rewards, got a sunflower seed (weird thing in a bottle?), 8 emerald shards, 2 blaze rods, some bone and a mostly broken bow.  I made myself a bow and diamond helmet before going in there.  That 2nd floor looks difficult.  I'm tempted to drop TNT down in there, if I can find the materials.  Maybe I can tunnel down and take out the spawners through the walls again?

Quick check: sunflower seed has 2 uses: plus vines = 4 beanstalks (I assume you can climb those) or add dirt for a lawn block (?).  You can also get a lawn block with dirt + seeds or dirt + dandelion.

After dinner I spent about 2 hours doing videos in this Hexxit world, mostly me battling down through that epic dungeon near my house (Better Dungeons mod); sadly the game audio did not get recorded.  There was an elephant in a tree so I used my treecapitator to blow out the tree under it, then found some armadillos flipping out in the desert.  Fun romp.  I think I got the audio balanced after the 4th video.  Will probably release video 1 and 3 and redo the rest.  Installed new video pad version on new laptop, runs really smoothly with much faster render time, roughly 10 minutes to encode/resize a 10 minute video instead of 45 minutes on the old machine.

###

Comments

Popular Posts