Hexxit world 7/16 - video tests

I did a long session of "let's play" videos in the Hexxit world.  At first there was no game sound coming through, but I think those videos will still be fine.  I did finally get the microphone and game audio balanced, and can now do pretty much endless tours and game session videos and tutorials with NO LAG.

Quick exploration for future video runs.  Knocked out the two spawners in bottom floor of battle tower - a dark-casting zombie almost blinded me, then dropped diamond leggings.  Mining in caves: 8 diamonds, 19 Au, 32 Cu, 11 Sn gravel, 2 skeleton skulls (they were planted in the ground like rocks).  Found some weird sand that turns into sandworms and attacks.  A well with ladder leading down to free gold - there was lava poised at top behind glass, obviously meant as some kind of trap.  My dungeon battle last time gave me Iron Giant Sword (Smite II), Iron Glaive (Sharpness II), Diamond Sword (Focus I).  I built an anvil and repaired by Diamond Scythe -- it has Sharpness II, my favorite weapon so far.  Though I carry the giant sword too.  Also found nightbloom flower, and a pink cherry tree.  And a weird blue scrap that dropped Hexical Essence??  (Hexical essence can be made into a hexical diamond which can be made into tribal armor and thief's outfits.)Meanwhile my farm water block froze over and crops died.  I planted a cherry tree out front.

This version of the mini map doesn't seem to allow waypoints?  Bummer.  I found another valley of neat ruins.  Don't want to get lost out there.  Guess I have to build roads or markers.

Quick ice cave run.  Those glowing shrooms are iceshrooms (2 sizes) and glowcaps.  I tried renovating one of the seemingly harmless ruins near my house -- it had a furnace and some stone slabs and woodwork -- but it turned out most of its cobble was hiding bugs.  Pop pop, about a dozen bugs came swarming out.  I still want to fix it up though.

###

Comments

Popular Posts