FTB Ultimate World 7/7 to 7/8 - the Industrial Grind

FTB Ultimate world - 7/7

I did a test run of a video tour of Quickhaven, had sound trouble, and Bandicam needed to be registered on the new laptop.  Should be able to make new (fast) videos soon!  For now, I ran out from HQ, with my Quantum Armor speed boost I go all the way to my glacier cave home (432m away) in about 7 seconds, but it ate up 7 hearts of hunger. I did quite a bit of improvements after the glacier cave: added signs, ran a road across ice, through cliff wall into the Deep Shaft area (20x20 clear spot surrounded by cliffs, need a glass outpost there.  Continued the road across to the Lone Smithy, now dubbed "ye olde outpost of SMITH HAVEN".  Dug into cliff face and added a little safe house with bed.  Extended road across river, blasted stairs up to top of redrocks -- this is the very edge of that biome, and it goes up to height 105 with crazy drops down to river, great views.  This area is worth exploring further and now there's a safe base to start from.

While I was there at Smith Haven, I dug a mine down to about level 18, saw tunnels on the radar, ended up breaking up through the floor of a triple chasm.  So, Triple Chasm Mine was born.  I grabbed gobs of ore, had a creeper drop on my head and explode but otherwise a quiet spot with high walls full of ores.  Ran home (about 25 seconds to navigate the whole 650m with twists and turns).  My swag: ores (4 lapis, 2 green sapphire, 12 Al, 46 bauxite, 13 Sn, 3 Ag, 42 Fe, 12 Pb, 5 quartz, 21 coal, 5 cinnabar, 12 ruby, 2 galena), some xy, quartz, shards, etc.  Recharge my gear, get ready for another run tomorrow.  Oddly, my quantum armor leggings are always the most depleted, the other pieces will typically be at 900k after a hard mission, but the leggings will be at 750k or so.  Less durable maybe?

On anvil, to repair my enchanted green sapphire pickaxe with two gems, it cost 11 levels.  Now why am I hearing bats down here?

###

FTB Ultimate World - 7/8

After midnight again.  Figured I'd start on an Industrial Grinder.  Bit of a pain.  To make the diamond grinder I need Industrial Diamonds ... regular diamonds don't work??  So, run gobs of iTNT while compressing 24 advanced alloy and macerating 64 coal for carbon plate.  8 diamond dust + 64 iTNT = 6 industrial diamonds & 32 dark ashes.  Then 4 diamond grinders.  Ugh the IGrinder needs an Industrial Electrolyzer, which needs electrolyzer + extractor + magnetizer.  That's really too much pain for a little extra piles of metal dust.  4 machine blocks.  Extractor.  Electrolyzer.  Magnetizer.

Industrial Electrolyzer.  I had most of the parts in chests, but boy this is a long build.  Ran out of machine blocks, out of iron, so pulverize 37, dump a bunch in infernal furnace to spit out refined iron.  I like that infernal furnace, it spits out the goods into an obsidian pipe and the experience orbs make a pile on the ground.  Not the fastest method ever, and it's probably adding flux to the area, but okay for now.  3 new machine blocks, upgrade 2 to advanced.  Industrial Grinder unit complete!  Now for all those darn casings, I need 18 standard and 8 reinforced, and they're made in batches of 4.  For the reinforced ones I'll need 12 steel plates, 4 advanced circuits, 2 advanced machine blocks ... done.  Now out of adv circuits.  Fine thunderstorm out there!  For 5 batches of standard casings I need 5 machine blocks, 30 Al plates, 10 electronic circuits.  6 circuits short, so run a batch of those: 4 RI plate + 8 AgAu plate = 8 basic circuit boards, + 48 ICW for 8 electronic circuits, easy enough but too bad it wastes 40 seconds per item!  80 seconds each for the final circuits.  I should just stick to the silly old hand recipe.  I miss those double-output recipes with Al and electrum.  8 casings done while waiting for circuits.  3 more machine blocks put on autocrafter, just waiting for circuits.  Done with construction, added an MFE, hooked up to power grid.  144 pages of recipes listed, but many duplicates (water cell vs water bucket and ore varieties).  The one I really needed was: Ferrous ore + Hg cell = 3 Ni dust + 1 Pt dust; also works with water but with less output - pulverizer has just 10% chance of Pt dust, only other good source is from an End ore.  Of course, now I can't remember what I needed platinum for.  Elite circuits to make data orbs?  Grab 12 ferrous ore, works like a charm.

Well, that took about 90 minutes, even with most of the parts already on hand.

###

Comments

Popular Posts