FTB Ultimate world 7/2 to 7/3 - Energistics!

7/2

Almost midnight before I got to sit down and relax.  Really no time to do anything.  Had a fun night of running around getting revenge on all those mobs who used to smack me around when I was lagging.  About a dozen zombies, a few groups of skels, spiders, and hugged a creeper (boom!), quantum armor can take it.

Smelted some quartz dust to silicon, made two quartz knives.  Time to start on an Applied Energistics system in that big empty building between HQ and power station.  It was originally going to be my redpower + computercraft lab, but I'm not really using those.  On the upside, this is the older version of AE with simpler recipes -- they have since changed it to require "Fluix dust" made of quartz, nether quartz and redstone -- for many key recipes.  2 batches of quartz fiber, convert to 8 ME Cable.  Hey, I thought the recipes said the cutting knife would not be used up mwhen making processors, they should have a durability bar, but mine just get eaten up.  4 knives to make 4 basic processors, maybe I should make them on the Assembly table instead?  Crank up the lasers, 16 MJ/t received: Si + RS + Au + 60kEU = ME Basic Processor (MEBP), and Si + RS + D + 60kEU = ME Advanced Processor (MEAP MEAP).  This is a better process, a little slow, but it doesn't waste knives or need to be smelted, just one step to make the processors, like any other circuit.  Makes sense.

I can see that this is going to be a super-expensive build.  An MEBP + 4 quartz + 4 RS = 1 storage cell; 3 of those + MEBP + 4 RS + Glass = Storage Segment; 3 of those + MEAP + 4 Glowstone blocks + Glass = Storage Block;  3 of those + MEAP + 4 Glowstone blocks + Glass = Storage Cluster.  Now each of those can have 3 iron, 2 glass, 2 RS added to make 1k, 4k, 16k and 64k Storage units.

The basic ME network is a ME Controller, a few ME Chests or ME Drives for storing items, an ME Access Terminal to add/remove items, and an ME Crafting Terminal to craft items from the collective inventory.

The big BIG build in AE is the multi-block Molecular Assembly Unit, but I'll save that till after I get the basics worked out.

I really need to amp up my assembly table, these things are taking way too long.  I was sitting here reading EYE OF CAT (old Roger Zelazny classic) while the lasers zapped away.  I came out with 14 MEBP and 2 MEAP, an okay start for a long crafting adventure.   But I should just bite the bullet on materials and make a crafting knife -> assembly -> furnace factory to crank out a few dozen of these processors.

Anyway, done for the night.  Wiped out.

###

7/3

Late again, not much time for play.  I put some gold in my wire mill, ran MV gold wiring across the street from power station to the renamed "Energistics Lab", LV transformer to freshly made ME controller.  I love that "new gadget" smell.  Made an ME Chest.  Running low on quartz already, so I pulverized 13 of my Quartz ore (crystal) stash -> 130 Q dust, compressed some into Quartz (64+44 dust -> 27 Quartz).  Now I'd like to start with a 4k Storage disk, so looks like I need 4 MEBP, 16 redstone, 12 quartz, 1 glass.  Made my first 4k Storage module, put it in chest, started adding stones and some iron.  Then made an ME Access Monitor -- note that the bulk of the ME network will be upstairs, but I have two ME Cable dipping down to either side of the new door downstairs, so on one side there will be the ME Access Monitor (done), the other side will have the ME Crafting Monitor.  That seems like a reasonably neat arrangement.

Made another ME Access Terminal and turned it into the ME Crafting Terminal, works as advertised!  I can now stand downstairs and craft using anything in any inventory on my ME Network.  Clever system.  I guess I didn't need the Access Terminal, since the Crafting Terminal also lets me put items in or take items out.  Well, it's nice symmetry for now.  They both have a quick & easy search box at top - type "i" and instantly see every item containing "i".  I could really get to like this.

Well, I still have 1 MEAP, 6 MEBP, 14 quartz, 33 quartz dust on hand.  Too tired to continue tonight, but it was a good start.  The Controller says the network is now using 11 EU/tick, pretty minimal when I have 100 million EU staying topped off just across the street!  Now, if things go as they normally do, I will lay awake for hours figuring out what to do next, then wake up and not remember.

###

Comments

Popular Posts