FTB Ultimate World - 7/10

FTB Ultimate World - 7/10

Argh, a few nights with almost no sleep.  Really horrible feeling.  Trying to wear myself down so I can actually sleep.

Went down to Twilight Forest, down to the big maze surrounded by bedrock.  Used mining laser to excavate a tunnel around it, looking for a safe entry point.   It's 120x120 blocks.  Huge.  Got so many ores I had to come home after just 2/3 of the way around.  Ores: 1 Sn, 21 Al, 13 Au, 22 Ag, 9 Pb, 28 Nik, 6 Ferrous, 1 lapis, 17 redstone, 4 cinnabar, 27 Fe, 11 green sapphire, 10 diamond, 2 ruby.  Lots of xy, a few shards and gems.  Diamond ore in grinder -> 22 diamonds.  Pulverize the nikolite for 4 diamond dust bonus.  Nice catch!

Ran back down to the maze, continued excavating around the bedrock walls, and FOUND what I was looking for -- a spot where roots had grown into the bedrock, so I could hack through there.  Of course there was a grabby beetle right there, who pulled me in.  Then a fire beetle and some slimes.  A fun moody exploration.  I put 2x4 walls every few bends in case I had to retreat and fight from a defsneible point, but not much to fight.  FInally found a room full of torches that unleashed about 6 minotaurs.  Cute guys, love their charging attack.  I netted one in safari net, now back home grinding a bunch.  Looks like they only drop raw beef?  Oh well, still a fun goal and good progress, and none of these guys are much of a challenge now that I can actually MOVE like a real player, and have my quantum armor.  I ran some blazes, endermen, redcaps, then magma cubes for excess mob essence.  Such an interesting system.  My last level 25 auto-enchant gave me Soul Stealer III.

While I was dropping off ores, I grabbed 32 sand + 16 apatite for 2x64 blue fertilizer for my multifarm.  It's back up & running.  Grab 8 stacks of nikolite from my barrel under ore lab -- no use for it, just use it as amplifier to make 19 UU-Matter on MV line (AESU dipped all the way to 98.5 million) (ooh).  I was reading ftbwiki articles in the background on the dektop machine, but the site is down now.  I was planning to make a few Mystcraft ages for further mad explorations, but their whole system has changed.  It's much more detailed now, and quite interesting.  Guess now I know why one villager (can't remember which world that was) was trying to sell me a weird scrap of paper.

Recharging quantum armor, once again all piece are at about 950k, but the pants are at 737k.  I guess it proves that the mobs go for the crotch!

I reallllly want a maze map focus.  So, head to Twilight and spend a while in that big hollow hill.  Fairly safe tactic to build a floor at the base of the stalactites, just move across and mine them, and work out over the chests and take their stuff.  Not much good stuff in the chests, really: one diamond, 2 naga scales, 2 ore magnets (?), the rest fairly common.

Ores, only grabbed a small % that was within reach: 21 Fe, 22 Sn, 8 RS, 2 Au, 13 lapis, 4 monazit, 1 cinnabar, 8 Al; also some sapphires & 8 ironwood.

That's good for tonight. eBay sales $243 while playing.

###

Comments

Popular Posts