Technic Hexxit 7/12

The mod list of the Hexxit modpack (for Technic Launcher) looked pretty awesome so, I'll try it.

Minecraft 1.5.2 with 63 mods:  (Mods I've never seen before are marked with a *)

*ArmorBar
*Artifice
*Artifice Compat: Chisel
*Artifice Compat: EE3
*Artifice Compat: MFR
*Artifice Compat: Vanilla
*Asgard Shield 1.5.2
*AS Addon - Hallowed 1.5.2
*AS Addon - Harken Scythe 1.5.2
*AS Addon - Nether/Ender 1.5.2
*AS Addon Color API 1.5.2
*Backpack 1.9.11
*BackTools 1.0
*Battle Towers 1.3.4
*Better Dungeons 1.0.8b
*BetterStorage 0.6.2.23
Bibliocraft 1.3.1
bspkrsCore 2.07
*Buff Bar 0.7.1
CodeChicken Core 0.8.7
CoFH Framework 1.5.2.4
Custom LAN 2.2
Damage Indicators 2.7.0.1
*Dimensional Doors 1.4.0RC1
*Enchanting Plus 1.15
ExtraBiomesXL 3.13.4
Forge 7.8.1.737
Forge Mod Loader 5.2.23.737
*HarkenScythe 1.5.2
*Hexxit Gear 1.0
*Infernal Mobs 1.3.1
Immibis Core 55.1.2
Immibis Microblocks 55.0.1
Inventory Tweaks 1.54b
*LegendGear 1.5.2
*MapWriter 2.0
Falling Meteors 2.10.2
Minecraft Coders Pack 7.51
*More Bows 1.5v1
*Natura 2.1 RC
*Natura Compat: MFR 0.1
Not Enough Items 1.5.2.28
NEI Plugins 1.0.9.3
Obsidian Pressure Plates 1.5.0 build 13
*offLawn 1.0
*Project Zulu Block & Item 1.0.3.8
*Project Zulu Core 1.0.3.8
*Project Zulu Mobs 1.0.3.8
*Project Zulu World 1.0.3.8
*RottenFleshToLeather 1.0
*Ruins Spawning System 10.3
Soul Shards 1.0.16
Tinker's Construct 1.3
TConstruct Compat: MFR 0.1
*Torojima's ChocoCRaft 2.8.6
Treecapitator 1.5.2.r01
Twilight Forest 1.18.1
*Wild Caves 3 - 0.4.2
Xeno's Reliquary  1.0.6d

This should be different!  Too bad it's 2am already, only time for a quick peek.  Wow, world is just full of ruins, scattered houses, weird towers.  I found an intact house not far from spawn, moved in.  Lots of flowers, some bushes (from Natura) to get berries from.  Stuck my head into a building made of mossy cobble -- there was a spawner and blaze noises, and spiders and skeletons came out after me.  Okay, if it wants to play like that, I cheated myself iron armor and an iron sword so I stand a chance.  Also needed some torches.

Next day I sneaked over to that spawner house and blocked off the entrance to keep the buggers inside.  Found another two-story fragmented ruin with chest and spawner on 2nd floor.  Avoid for now.  There's a battle tower not far from me.

Scrounging for food, right click on bushes for various berries.  Fought a bear, oh crap an elephant??  There was a bouncing blue slime, ho hum, hacked it, but it spawned a smaller slime with sparkly aura that kept making small explosions -- that's the Infernal Mobs mod adding random buffs to spawned mobs -- it dropped a diamond scythe (Sharpness II)!  Started digging under my house, hit 4 diamond right away???   Whole new world here, I don't know what the rules are going to be.  I was starving until I made a furnace and cooked my bear steak.

So of course there was a zombie dungeon right under my house.  I dug down above it and made a platform where I could whomp on them without getting hit, then broke the spawner and grabbed the loot.  Wow: enchanted books (3 Aqua Affinity I, 2 Sharpness IV), 11 shiny baubles (?), jasper block, 2 emerald shards.  I made a reinforced iron chest and reinforced gold chest with the metals (and chests found); each has 13x3 slots.

Just beyond that zombie chamber was a pretty cave of half-ice with icicles hanging down.  Got 29 Lapis, 41 redstone and 4 diamonds & 2 emerald shards just below surface level, even glowing blue shrooms that dropped glowstone dust.  Checking: 8 emerald shards is an emerald piece, and 8 emerald pieces is an emerald.  Interesting, so much new stuff to figure out.

Exactly what I like about Minecraft and the modding community.  ;-)

Ran into some yellow ostriches.  Wow, that diamond scythe does some damage.  Damage Indicators display called them "tallow

chocobos".  They drop chocobo legs and chocobo feathers.  Looks like the legs heal 3-1/2 hunger.  Also found what looked like turnips, but they're "Gysahl greens" (?).  Should I plant them or eat them?  I remember hearing that the blue slimes are edible, there's even a teaser tooltip on that item ... but is it worth trying or is it a gimmick?  Made a bucket, got water, put a block of water near house for future farming.  Bone meal (I found a rock that drops bones, probably meant to be fossils) (cute) works to grow bushes from small to normal size; I wonder how long it will tak ethem to fruit.  But bonemeal on a sapling just made green particles.  Planted a few gysahl, we'll see what happens.  I also found a weird bluish-white grass that drops hearts and emerald shards with old-school video game bonus noises, without breaking the whole grass block ... I expect that it will grow back eventually.  Yes, next day a few have grown back and drop more small bonuses.  Also found a gravel pattern mixed with iron pattern - use a shovel on it to get iron gravel ore, just smelts into iron like regular ore.

Well, time for bed, lots to think about for next time!

###

Comments

Popular Posts