B-Team 7/8 to 7/9: start on Galacticraft

7/8

I expanded my town area, added 4 new buildings about 9x9 each, plus two animal pens about 7x7 (cows in one, sheep in another).  Made a few trips to Nether, finally got one ghast tear and made my first real safari net.  Too bad there aren't more animals to wrangle, I really enjoyed building my zoo in Hexxit.  Anyway, I pulverized a few stacks of redstone to get 32 cinnabar, then did 9xredstone to make redstone blocks, which spice up my town a bit.  Made a grinder and two ranchers, but don't see a handy way to power them, since the basic steam dynamo needs water pumped into it, and no simpler power source appears to be available in any mod.  Except in Galacticraft, but it's so awkward only being able to connect wires on the left side --- how am I supposed to power a production line like that?

##

7/9

So I finally got power from the Galacticraft coal generator to my circuit fabricator, made 12 basic wafers to start.  Looks like those machines can be hooked up to aluminum wires or energy conduits on the left side only.  Yuck.  I guess I can make vertical stacks of these machines.  I will see if I can hook them up to my main power line downstairs.  Huh, the Galacticraft compressor does not hook up to power on ANY side, has a slot for fuel and 9 slots for metals.  Nothing happens ... screw with it, okay you need to put ingots in slot #1 and slot #2, then it will compress them, no power needed other than its internal fuel.  You get about 5 compressed metals per unit of coal, each one takes about 7 seconds.  There's an electric version of this compressor as well.  I compressed 9 Fe, 5 Al, 10 Cu for now.  Looks like Galacticraft now uses these compressed metals for all things like tanks and machines that used to take ordinary ingots.  Reminds me of GregTech adding the annoying extra step of the plate bender.

Odd production chain for steel: smelt iron a second time (what used to be Refined Iron) or put iron dust and 4 charcoal in Induction Smelter.

A bother: most Galacticraft items don't come up in the inventory searches, and the machines have no hotspot to show their recipes.

Only recipes I can find for circuit fabricator:
D + Si Si + RS + RSTorch = 3 BasicWafer
D + Si Si + RS + RSRepeater = 1 AdvancedWafer
D + Si Si + RS + Lapis = 9 BlueSolarWafer

Oddly, I put two items in each slot for that 3rd recipe and ended up getting 3 runs of the recipe: 27 solar wafers.
Let me try that again, putting 3 items in each slot for BasicWafer recipe.  Seems to decrement the counts as expected.  Huh.  Ran out of power.  Seems like it takes a few coal just to get the coal generator up to a generating heat, and then it goes pretty darn fast after that.

Nope, coal generator won't power a Minefactory Rancher.  The energy conduits seem to attach properly but no power is received by machine.  Made a brewing stand instead, cleared out bottom floor of my tower, made a redstone-block frame around a new doorway, farm right outside.

Oh well, think I'll just do a Nether run & go to bed.  There were two big heatscar spiders and a ghast waiting for me.  Fireball shut down my portal, then another fireball re-ignited it.  Pretty funny.  Ran around the fortress, fought two wither skeletons & 4 blazes, came home with 2 blaze rods, 20 fire string (made a bloodwood bow).  Stumbled across a really neat biome in the nether, it has burning flowers, soul sand, ash blocks, small trees, nether wart growing on the surface, ash clouds, other little bits of color ... a well-designed addition to an originally dreary and colorless dimension.

Quick silk touch mining run, came back with 2 stacks of marble, over a stack each of coal ore, redstore ore, 24 lapis ore, 15 diamond ore.  Hey, ProjectRed added a backpack ... canvas = 8 string around stick, 8 canvas around lapis = blue backpack, holds 18 slots of goodies.  8 canvas around other dyes = other colored backpacks, probably each with its own inventory again.  Nice.
  And of course you can't pick up a backpack icon while holding a backpack open, to keep you from putting your backpack inside itself and having is disappear.  (Funny code that was, way back when.)


The Hats mod is soooo goofy.  Now all 3 of my cows have random silly hats on.  Dumb.

###

Comments

Popular Posts