B-Team 7/12: Bio-rectors, oh my

7/12

Ran around for a while, collecting plants & trees from various biomes.  The map plugin got whacked somehow, it no longer renders the whole map area, just a tiny zone around my cursor, which of course makes it mostly useless except for teleporting around to places already marked.  Not sure if it's safe to teleport within the Nether ... so much lava, don't want to risk it.

Nether: I tunnelled down into the support for one of the fortress bridges, chopped through wall and made a little bridge out to one of those small towers with the redstone torches ... the round tops of the towers are full of blood, got 4 buckets worth.  But it's for the Necromancy mod, which I have no interet in using.  Still, I wanted to see what was over there.  Also discovered wither wart (Biomes O PLenty) ... like nether wart but it does massive wither damage (2/3 of my health) when you pick it.  Does not show any uses in NEI.  Weird.  I planted some at home anyway.

Back in town, rancher has grabbed 65 wool now.  Take it all out, stash in my Wool & Dyes building.  Take 16 to pulverize for string, make a magenta backpack.

Laundry break.

Okay, let's try to get some industry going.  Made a schematic for machine frames, made 7 of them.  Then made a bio-rector and biofuel generator, then figured I should start with some magma crucibles and start on my hot liquids ... they now need leadstone energy cell frames for crafting, so made 2 of those, 2 magma crucibles.  Made 5 transmission coils, 10 reception coils while I was goofing with heaps of ingots & redstone.  Then two liquid (now fluid) transposers.  GO down to 2nd floor of my tower (3rd floor is steam dynamo powering furnace, pulverizer, induction smelter) ... stack two sets of crucible + transposer, one for liquefacted coal (now at 8800mB), one for molten (destabilized) redstone (now full at 10000mB).  Wiki says that liquefacted coal can generate 1 million RF in a compression dynamo.

Made my first batch of 16 pyrotheum dust (sulfur + pulverized coal + blaze powder + redstone = 2 pyrotheum).  Should probably setup another crucible + transposer for blazing pyrotheum, since it can generate 2 million RF in a magmatic dynamo.

Compare this to my measly steam dynamo that gets 32,000 RF per coal or 24,000 RF per charcoal.  So far I haven't needed more power, not sure what all the power will be used for, just fun to engineer things.

The bio-reactor plus biofuel generator seems quite efficient.  I ran all that material through 2 crucibles from just 3 stacks of seeds & saplings, and there's still 5,000mB of biofuel in the tanks.

Okay, I have a transposer with 1600mB of blazing pyrotheum now ... that would be a very expensive thing to keep a steady supply of.  But if it generates as much power as claimed, I wouldn't need much of it.

Biofuel tanks at 8890mB, liquefacted coal 15200mB, destabilized redstone 20,000mB and blazing pyrotheum 1600mB.  I should go grab a blaze and set up a spawner/grinder to farm blaze rods.

Quick test: in the bio-reactor it DOES take seeds from FoodPlus, both tomato and strawberry seeds ran just fine, so did barley seeds, vanilla, melon and pumpkin seeds.  Does not take sugar cane or sugar, but DOES take bonemeal.  Odd selection here.  So, 5 items, efficiency 275 ... total 171 units of bio-stuff = total 14,300mB.  As it uses up stacks the efficiency drops, so it's hard to get a feel for the overall output.  Also, the biofuel level keeps going up for a while after the items are all gone.

Fast nether run, less than a single 8-minute fire resistance potion: fought some wither skeletons, 4 blazes, captured one blaze in safari net, shot a ghast from directly below; came back with 3 blaze rods, 2 ghast tears, 10 glowstone dust (ghast fireballs blew up some glowstone above me, they rained down) and a miniature red heart.  That last item is very rare, so I quickly made a red heart canister while I can = +1 permanent health increase.

#

Comments

Popular Posts