B-Team 7/16-17 build stats & crash

7/16

Need to automate my farm area, so I made 2 planters and 2 harvesters.  Got distracted installing them under my farm, one biiiig vein of ores gave me: 28 Cu, 64 Sn, 41 Ag, 13 Ferrous, 36 Pb, 14 diamond and 20 Fe ore.  Automating the farm went pretty quickly, about 15 minutes of tinkering.  I made a leadstone energy cell, charged it up, setup the planters beneath the water blocks in the middle of each (roughly) 6x6 farm area.  The harvesters have to be at the surface level, and I had to add some range upgrade -- silver for each harvester (+6 radius) and copper for the planters (+4 radius).  So the planters carved out a little more farmland.  Worse things have happened.  The machines DO recognize the crops from FoodPlus mod, well done.  First crop after about 8 minutes: 7 barley, 8 carrots, 4 wheat, 15 strawberries, 11 tomato; seeds: 3 strawberry, 2 barley, 9 tomato.

The planter also recognizes Witchery seeds, but I doubt it would know to plant water artichokes in water.  I'm leery of trying mandrake, in case it unleashes the little mandrake mobs ... though at least I wouldn't get the nausea effect.  After about 40 minutes, I have 104 items in one chest, 67 in the other, and the leadstone energy cell is still at 290k/400k.

- break -

Yes, there's a scream when a mandrake is harvested and I have to go out and slay the little screamer.  It hits me with nausea whenever I get close.  So, I'll take the mandrake seeds out of the planter.  I'm not using WItchery anyway, just seeing what works and what doesn't.

I made two more pulverizers, misc parts, a new leadstone energy cell, and a sludge boiler which I installed below the energy cell below my farm.  Interesting getting the sludge down to it, so little is produced, I can't see piping it all around the machines and conduits.  So I made some OpenBlocks tanks.  Drop one next to a harvester, it pulls out the sludge.  Then, pick up the tank and rclick the sludge boiler with the tank, and it starts processing.  With the usual health hazards of course!  I think the OpenBlocks tanks are my favorite tank of any mod so far ... no giant iron tanks to build with custom parts (Railcraft), even better than the XyCraft tanks which still have to be fairly large.  Both of those older types of tanks lost all contents if any one tank block was broken.  These OpenBlocks tanks can be put anywhere, in any size combination, and picked up again, hold 16 buckets of liquid each, and share contents equally.  They even have the cute sloshing liquid animation when partly full.  No brainer.

Now, not counting seeds, I have 112 items in one chest, over 170 in the other.  The harvester areas overlap.  I could probably redbuild that farm more efficiently, but hey, it's about 1/10th the work of those crazy old Forestry mod multi-farms.  One oddity is that the snowbells also drop occasional icy needles.  Used for making icy hearts for some reason.  Anyway, now I know.  Wow, over 200 seeds.  Mostly for biofuel, but I'm not really using that now that the compression dynamo is online.  And my energy storage is full.  Oh well, maybe there will be some big build in this modpack that will need all this power.  Probably in Galacticraft.  Let me check.  I should start refining oil and building a rocket.  Oh, the bio-reactor does recognize Witchery seeds.

Oh, Galcticraft has gotten complicated.  I can hear my compressor upstairs making metal plates (I mean compressed metals), just to make an empty liquid canister to go out and start collecting oil?  Since I have so much wool I made 36 aluminum wire.  It takes 2 ingots side by side to make one compressed metal.  Smelt iron to make steel, same way we used to make refined iron in IndustrialCraft.  Made 4 tin canisters, then one empty liquid canister.

Darn, most Galacticraft recipes and items don't come up in NEI.  While searching, I see that there's a "Bibliocraft Natura Edition" with shelves (etc) using every wood found in Natura.  Sweet.  Except I rarely stop to do any decorating!

Still searching ... I see that ProjectRed has "illumar" (same as Repower's lumar") and all the custom lamps I could want, if I had a good supply of glowstone dust.  Neat bit from the Witchery distillery: blaze powder + gunpowder + clay jar = 2 glowstone dust + reek of misfortune.  Really helpful recipe, but the distillery needs an attuned stone, which is whiff of magic + diamond + lava, and whiff of magic can ONLY be made by cooking a rowan sapling in the witches oven.  Argh.  I have never seen a rowan tree, but I guess I could do another tree gathering expedition.

Well, I was running around in some far-off steppe land, the game crashed, and when I reloaded it, no worlds are listed??  My files are all still there, so why would it not list them?

#

7/17

Serious crash.  My levels.dat file was missing.  But I'm sure MC used to just read the folders in its "saves" folder and list those as worlds.  ANyway, after some screwing around, I was able to create a new world, then run about 50 blocks south of spawn (where I know there's an ocean in my world) then copy all my files (other than levels.dat) over to the new folder.  And my world was back, I was quietly dropped into the ocean.  Somehow I lost all my map waypoints, but so what, it means I get to go exploring fresh.  Lost everything I was carrying, and forgot to turn cheat mode on when I created this new world -- I rarely use it, usually just to give myself torches or set the time to sunrise.  But in this case it would have been nice.  Anyway, I swam across to the little island where I could drop down to the tunnels and make it to my main base in the lavender fields.  Everything seems intact.  I repaired my backup set of diamond armor, tried to get an enchantment in the auto-enchant table but it seems I almost always get those annoying Security (etc) enchants from BetterStorage.  Argh.  Each one of those wastes 16 or 20 levels of essence to give me a book I'll never use, with no way to get the xp back out of the book.

Okay, without cheat mode, the map teleporting doesn't work.  But I can use the Open to LAN option and set cheats on for temporary long-distance exploration.  Or maybe go old school and add roads.  But this world is a maze of medium-sized islands.  Tricky to navigate.  And I've still never seen a rowan tree!  I made a purple backpack (takes 64 string, 8 sticks and a purple dye).  Made two bibliocraft shelves for all my useless enchanted books.
  Went to mooshroom end of the island and brought back a mooshroom.  I've hardly ever had a chance to play with those guys, but in the mob grinder they only drop raw beef.   Not even leather, which I could use.  Made a new bloodwood bow.  Very handy, very durable items.

Ran some magma cubes, did a bunch of level 16 enchants - got Efficiency II (x2), Security II (blah), Knockback I, Fires Aspect I.  Some good boosts, and my mob essence tanks at still full at 48k.  Level 20 enchants: Trigger I (blah), Smite III.

#

Comments

Popular Posts