B-Team 7/13 to 7/14: essences & auto-enchants

7/13

Quick morning test.  Chisel mod goes on the list of cool things.  Just make a chisel (4 iron, 1 stick).  Hold chisel and rclick to get an interface.  Drop almost any vanille/common building block in the middle ... cobble, stone, even dirt ... and you get a choice of about 16 variations of the block.  Click any variation to convert all your blocks into that type.  AND if you don't like them, convert them into some other type -- they're all interchangeable.  I found a small stone tile that I really didn't like, but then a stone panel and recessed stone panel whose textures join together, very nice.  Same with reinforced dirt, the texture joins together.  Boy I can see how this will spice up a town, with no real overhead or crafting recipes to remember.

Meanwhile, some other mod added textured redstone blocks, just wrap 8 redstone blocks around a dye.  NEI says those blocks are from the chisel mod, but it says that about alot of vanilla blocks as well.  And I almost forgot that Minefactory Reloaded added those other colored construction blocks: glowstone, obsidian, ice ... and road blocks with road lights ... most of these are too expensive for my taste, but might make nice highlights here & there.  Again, since I use map telporting, roads are a bit obsolete, which is a shame because I love building road & bridges to place, but again, even with all these biomes there's no compelling reason to GO to any one specific area for any specific resources.

Chisel mod: nether brick gives a bunch of brightly colored and sinister blocks, my favorite is the obsidian brick which has fiery cracks.  And glass gives you lots of options, like a seamless glass (yay) and various styles of cage glass.  I spent about an hour tidying up my main tower, and decorating each floor better.  From bottom to top the floors are: 1) brewing stand + liquid XP tanks + auto-anvil, auto-enchanter; 2) anvil, biofueal, molten liquids; 3) ores, pulverizer (etc), sawmill; 4) basic storage; 5) Nether stuff, witchery, archaeology; 6) unused; roof) magic trees.  Short tunnel to my man cave with bed and enchanting table, stone tablets on walls.

So, my base is feeling functional.  I just can't think of any big goals, like on the old IndustrialCraft servers where you have tiers of machinery and some really big builds (especially with GregTech) to plan ahead.

I tried loading my Fellowship (Middle Earth) world, but the Void Launcher upgraded, the modpack upgraded, and the world just crashes.

After midnight ... I built a spawner/grinder.  Used 3 of my 4 single-use safari nets to pull in some livestock to get the mob essence started.  Steam dynamo powers both.  This is now officially too easy.  I have a blaze, enderman, skeleton, and slime captured, ready to clone and harvest at any time.  Already have 20 ender pearls (the main thing I needed, the endermen seem few and far between in this world), various necromancy bits, arrows, bones, you name it.  Always fun to set up, then I can go creature hunting.  Netting a ghast is the toughest, I remember last time that it needed a safari net launcher and a lot of nerve to get right under them.  For some reason the fluiducts aren't pulling mob essence out of the tank down there, but I prefer to bucket in a few doses, for a controlled amount of mayhem.  Just got a bow with Unbreaking I -- of course my bloodwood bow is still at about 90%, very durable item.  Now I need to add an auto-enchanter, maybe an auto-disenchanter to pull some of these bonus items into books.
  Got 12790 mB mob essence.  I can hear creatures being crushed down below me as I work in my tower.  Sweet revenge.
  0130: 17010mB mob essence.  Slimes and magma cubes still have the best output of essence, because they may generate large ones that split into smaller mobs upon death.

0136: auto-enchanter and auto-disenchanter done.  Same recipe except for obsidian vs nether brick on top: 2 books, 2 diamonds, 2 plastic sheets, machine frame, RRC.  Now, if I can remember how they work, that would help.  And I need to make room for them in my little tiny chamber under the grinder room.  At level 15 I got some weird enchantments, like Security I and Lockpicking II.  But I did get Bane of Arthropods II (put it on my diamond sword) and Protection II (put it on a new chestplate).  It's all working as planned.  Keeping the mob essence around 16 buckets, using any overage for making things.

Level 20 enchant takes almost 2 whole buckets of mob essence, but I got Fire Protection II, put it on my leggings.  Auto-disenchanter: I took the Unbreaking I off that dropped bow (took a while), put it on my silk touch Efficiency III diamond pick, which used up almost my whole tank of Liquid XP, but it's my most important tool, so it's worth it.  I do miss the auto-repair tools in Tinker's Construct, but not so much that I want to go through all that hassle building the darn smeltery -- that one modpack where I couldn't create any brass molds was such a let-down.  Just don't really need it.

#

7/14

Nether run: grab a pigman in safari net, grind a bunch of those for goodies.  Hit a ghast along the way, ghast tear = one more safari net.  I want one of the big nether spiders, since they drop lots of babies upon termination, could be an even better source of mob essence.  Okay, check the grinder chest: 3 golden swords, 1 gold, 7 gold nugget (hey somehow a pigmane spawned OUTSIDE the spawn room?? no problem, he's safe), 15 arrows, 17 bones, 21 magma cream, 10 blaze rods, 45 slimeballs, 8 ender pearls (I've used 24 already), 1 heart, 9 muscle, 2 brains, 3 lungs, raw meat, 3 raw beef, 11 rotten flesh.  Mob essence tank at 24280mB.  Safari net the stray pigman back into grinder room, crunch.

Ran some auto-enchants: Security II (lvl 18), Looting I (16), Protection II (16 - added to boots), Projectile Protection III (16 - added to helmet).  On the liquid XP auto-anvil, I turn on "auto-drink" just long enough for an item to be made, then turn it off again, so most of my xp stays in my tank where I can see it sloshing around.

Nether trip, on more ghast tear (one more safari net), netted a big heatscar spider ... looks like they don't drop the babies when the grinder gets them, but I whacked a few manually when the machine was idling, got a room full o spiders I had to run from.  But I did get 64 heat string in no time.  Mob essence 24800mB.  Run some magma cubes.  Okay, they also don't split into babies when the grinder gets them, but I disconnected power to the grinder, and hacked any medium or large ones, got a big mess of cubes, some coming through the hole in the wall ... hooked up the power again ... now mob essence is up to 44100mB.  So yes, that's the ticket.  And it's extra weird when then spawn with silly hats on.  58 magma cream.  Take 10 to brewing stand.

Put stairs down under the house, into those depths, intersected an abandoned mine.  Came home with more ore, ended up making an ore overflow chest, just for extra stacks of 64 I don't need right away.  I must have 2 stacks of diamond ore and 8 to 10 stacks of diamonds in various chests.

#

Comments

Popular Posts