B-Team 7/5 to 7/6: explorations

7/5

Played a little bit at the end of June & early July.  I seem to run around and collect things but have no plan for using any of it.  Only big loss was that my cute little Luggage vanished one time when I shift-rclicked it.  It didn't drop, I didn't break it, it just went away ... completely full of goodies.  But, I have SO MUCH of everything, big whoop.  Still not sure I like this modpack -- tending towards no.  No Forestry, no backpacks, Better Storage is not nearly as good as Iron Chests.  Love the little luggage guy, wish it didn't vanish without a trace.  Don't really care about Chisel mod or stencils or fancy blocks or microblocks.  I see that Galacticraft has added generators, solar panels, etc ... but their Aluminum wire won't connect to their coal generator??  Neither will an energy conduit.  Huh, don't know how to use those now.  LiquidXP has been a bit dull so far -- I have an auto anvil and auto enchanter that can drink from my xp tank (I now have 11195 mB of XP in the tank), I've used it a few times.  Built a regular anvil and regular enchanting table in my Lavender Base -- got silk touch on my diamond pick the very first time I enchanted anything, with only 12 bookcases around it.  I do like the Crayfish Mod's oven, which can cook a huge queue of food items with no fuel at all.

7/6

Went back to tundra base, used auto anvil to repair my diamond tools ... didn't use much of the internal xp storage, wish I could hover over that xp storage bar and see how much was in there.  Oddly, it turns out I don't like vertical spaces for working in.  I built this one big tower to avoid marring the landscape too much.  But I get sick of going up and down ladders.  Is thermal expansion on the 3rd or 4th floor?  Oh, food is down one, nether & wicthery is 5th floor.  Bleah.  I started clearing some of the lavender, now have about a 60x50 area fenced in, a small pen for sheep, a small pen for cows, start of a farm, two small buildings.  I like the town kind of layout so much better.  For some reason running down the street I know there's food on the left and wool & dyes on the right.  But if they were up & down ladders I'd never remember the sequence.  Still no overall objectives.

Funny, on my very first Minecraft worlds, I would build forts around the edges of hills, and have fun popping in and out.  These days I build small towns in flat areas with roads connecting things together.  But with map teleporting, both roads and rails are obsolete.  I'm having fun plundering the abandoned mine under the lavender fields for wood & ores.  There's a useful new recipe for making books, if you have no leather, it's 3 paper, 1 string, two blank templates (each if two wood & two sticks, from Tinker's Construct).

Still pretty sure I won't be making a smeltery - huge project to build and though their auto-repair tools were neat, I doubt it's worth the hassle.  I have so many diamonds, it's ridiculous, and with the liquid XP auto anvil I should be able to keep my tools & gear in shape forever.

#

Comments

Popular Posts