B-Team 7/10 to 7/11: mining madness

7/10

Prolonged mining run with new backpack, brought back about 12 stacks of ores I don't need.  Tp'd to old base to grab the archaeology Analyzer & Worktable.  I had 70 relics and 49 biofossils, ran a bunch (16 & 25) for fun, got: 2 nautilus DNA, 2 t-rex DNA, 6 stone tablets, 21 fern seeds and lots of junk.  Ran 8 frozen meat, got meat plus 3 mammoth DNA.  Almost finished cultivating a DNA but the cultivator blew up and dumped water all over my 5th floor.  Funny, but I heard the sound of the waterfall going down my ladder for at least 10 minutes after I cleaned it up.  Oh, water going down ladders no longers destroys the ladders -- that's a nice fix.

I got my two ranchers setup, by connecting to my coal generator with aluminum wires.  Not sure why the energy conduits didn't work.  Anyway, one plucks wool, the other get milk from cows.  A bit bummed that these have no effect on chickens, would be nice to pluck feathers or gather eggs from them automatically.

I have yet to see a village anywhere in the overworld, in any biome.  Feels soooo lonely.  The tropicraft world has plenty of dinos and lizards and weird things and a village to visit.

##

7/11

Fairly long nether trip.  I explored a yellowish square up on the ceiling on the map, turned out to be made of hive blocks and I was attacked by wasps as I got close.  INterestinf, but ouch.  Made some fire resistance potions first, so I fought a lot and never got under half health.  Came home with: 2x64 netherrack, 67 tainted soil, 7 flesh blocks, 24 flesh, 7 flame string, 6 blightberry, 2 blaze rods, 1 necrotic bone, 2 small bone segments, 1 wither wart.  Reinforced the little shell around the nether-side of the portal.  Had a nitro creeper in my tunnel across to the fortress, almost blew out my whole walkway and drop me into the lava.

Head home.  Mining/tunneling trip, overloaded again.  MY ranchers have produced 46 wool, 30 buckets of milk, I only drop 10-20 coal in there every now & then.
  Took a boat trip, found some new biomes, including mystic grove, whose purple water seemed to poison
 me as I pulled up, but I escaped.  Okay, Biomes O'Plenty is lots of fun for a tree collector.  I've brought home saplings for these trees: magic, pear, banana, orange, kiwi, birch, coconut, jacaranda.  Probably a few others.  There are also dyed trees (red-stained leaves, etc) from ProjectRed, and I think they do drop "stained" saplings, I assume you can harvest those leaves for dyes.

Cleared some more land around my lavender base, started planting one of each tree on the plains beyond my fence.  May end up fencing that all in and making walkways between trees.  As for the number of flowers, shrubs, sprouts, clover patches, and such, I can only guess.

##

Comments

Popular Posts