Overgrown: more odd recipes

4/28/2021 Overgrown-1-1

Working backwards through items mentioned above, I need mending twine, which needs rainbow wisps, which needs pink mycelium, which needs albino mycelium, which needs normal mycelium and rainbow slurry...

The Pinkly Sheep wiki page for "Farming Squirmies" (earthworms) never did get filled in, but on other pages it mentions needing a squirimies box farm.  Which is actually a thing:

AAA/BCB/-B- (black carpet, some dirt, wet dung or raw compost) = squirmies box farm section
-A-/BAB/-A- (box section, fence) = squirmies box farm

I made a squirmies box but the wiki page is blank.  Oh wait, it is described under Trawling:
https://github.com/Wabbit0101/mods_hoardercraft/wiki/PnK-Trawling#squirmies-box-farm
So, place the box with air above or below and dirt/grass/compost on 2 or 3 sides.  Hopper into chest beneath it to pull out waste.  Then just drop in earthworms and green waste blocks.

You can use a second squirmies box for the wastis eaticus larvae, they use compost blocks.

I rearranged my wild potato farm into a 2x7 shape with the water block off to one side, so the water doesn't spille out when harvesting any of those columns.  I got my first red potatoes and AFK'd for a bit.  They sure do take a while to spread downward.

There was a patch in the corner of the lake where I put the water trap where a blast of watery white noise was always generated.  I duge down a ways and found no moving water blocks.  I even filled that corner of the lake with dirt and the sound still happened when I went near.  So I went int mod config for Dynamic Surroundings and turned off water_ambient and a few othere water-related sounds.  I turned on biome sound f/x while I was there, and boy it addds interesting audio highlights.  Wolves calling in the distance, a hammer sound if I pass a building with an anvil, other subtle cues.  At least the noise is gone.

I setup a proper squirmies box, according to those rules.  AFK'd about half an hour with 6 green waste blocks in there, still only my initial 8 worms.  My guess here is that 8 worms is too small a seed to kickstart this process, after all, the author said to not remove worms until there are about 2000 in the box.  So I added the other 11 I had in a chest.  Now I can't remember where those came from ... compost blocks?  I made autocrafting hopper recipes at a neighboring chest for packed apples, packed grass, then green waste blocks, and I put a bonsai hopper of apple trees next to it for endless supply.

I added yet another villager house, just past the incense cedar and CEO Conference buildings, to manage the big white cherry trees back there.  The managed trees have been put into little rings of matching planks so they will get replanted at the same spot after they are taken down.  These modded trees do not work in the bonsai trays, so they are here the old-fashioned hacky way.  So, my little town is sprawling almost all the way back to that archaeologist tent that once seemed so far off.

Those red potatoes have spread down to layer two.

--

Haha, breaking manure blocks with Fortune II pick, started with 37, got 42, 53, now 62, and 14 larvae.

Ahh, the earthworms came from breaking green waste blocks.  Fortune III pick on two blocks gives both blocks back and one worm each.  Axe is faster, same result.  Throw 'em in the box, I now have a starting group of 43.  Take 2 more green waste out, hack em a while, now have 78 worms in the box.  WIll see how it goes from there.

The red potatoes reached the third level down.  With Fortune III pick I got 9 red potatoes, 2 seed packets, 4 balls of earthworms (each has 9 worms).  The seed packets were seeds as loot, got about 5 types of HC seeds and 3 peppercorns (enough to make one sapling).  That makes 114 worms in the box, no new ones generated.

6 red potatoes can make 2 fecundity dust, but of course it's a whole process ...

AAA/AAA/BBC (any feathers, vines, drying agent) = 1 what-what powder.
AA/BBB/CD- (seeds, nether wart, what-what powder, water) = 8 enzyme extraction agent.
then
AAA/AAA/BCD (red potatoes, enzyme extraction agent, water, drying agent) = 2 fecundity dust
and that's just one more step toward the Beanstalk Grow! formula.

I really miss having some kind of crafting table or workbench that can remember multiple recipes.  The Bibliocraft crafting tables are a drag, having to select a book each time, and the inventory handling is a bit clunky.  The smart hoppers do it, but only after the long process of making the hoppers and then stamping all the recipes, swapping out recipes.  I miss the little Worktable from Forestry, just click one of 8 stored recipes and make it.  The EnderIO crafter is there, but does not appear to have actual recipe cards of any kind.

--

(2114) At the end of lunch break, I made some items from the Rustic mod: 2 each of crushing tub, drying basin and brewing barrel, plus the alchemical cauldron with its two attachments.  But then I figured those could go at a Rustic-specific settlement and the waypoint "big witch hut" on its wide open field would be a perfect spot.

(2153) The first two days & nights went fine.  I dropped two villager houses, setup two 2x7 farm plots, 7 each of 4 Rustic plants.  Put the crushing, drying, brewing blocks outside the main house and the alchemical condenser on the balcony at the big witch hut.  Ran some short straight roads, covered some holes, and put hedges around the perimieter.  The only normal-sized tree I saw in the area was an oak, which turned out to be from Inventory Pets.  I got two chests called Tree Chest, some nuggets, and a blaze pet.  Ran out to find a tree for my one bonsai pot and came back with an olive sapling.  And a donkey that was stuck in brambles.  And a villager seed, planted, sprouted, baby villager in house two.  A fine Plains biome with Roofed Forest and Swampland nearby.

(2235) A run around the area, lots of wide open spaces, a few archaeologist tents, one with a tar pit.  I found a pixie pet in a tree (eats emerald nuggets, x2 xp, so from level 24 to 25 took just 25 coal with my XP Boost III pick).   Looking at local resources, I had to remember how to collect the Harvestcraft garden block, just snaek-break it and take it home.  Same thing works with the Animal Crops animal bush, and hell yeah the coagulated plant balls (Plants mod) work on those, too.

Finally, a use for the stupid fade leaf plants (the ones that teleport you around).  Like all DungeonTactics plants, you can dig the block under them to get the plant safely.  9 of those gives 5 plant balls for duping better plants.  4 plantballs on a windy garden (sign says "dupe me for breakfast") gave 19 different veggies.  6 dupes of the animal plant (sign says "dupe me for animal friends") gave these seeds: 6 rabbit, 5 chicken, 4 ocelot, 4 cow, 3 wolf, 2 donkey, 2 mooshroom (!), 2 horse, 1 parrot, 1 llama, 1 pig, 2 sheep, and 5 squid lilies.  I made a little hedge pen and planted the sheep.

(2311) Well, that was a good start on the area.  I tp'd back to Aden to get the stuff out of the Rustic mod cabinet, most importantly the Almanac.  I reviewed what's actually in the mod, made some barrels and clay pots.  Good resources in the area: an andesite mine nearby (but the andesite stairs have a black shading glitch), terracotta below the surface and holes and mines all over.  There are chairs and tables, lanterns, iron lattice, 11 herbs to harvest and do alchemy with, plus the other crops: grape, tomato, chili pepper, most of which grow on stakes or ropes.  Olive and ironwood trees.  Even gargoyles.  One of my favorite medium-sized mods.  Will be fun to make this settlement different from everywhere else in the world.

##

Comments

Popular Posts