Overgrown: Pinkly Sheep nether bits

4/18/2021 Overgrowth-1-1

I got distracted by other things, and didn't get to sit down here until midnight.  Well, 1157.  So my haul from the Nether last night was ... well, I went a bit nuts with my Fortune III pick at every deposit I could find ... 3x64+31 bleaching crystals, 3x63+13 rock salt, 43 amethyst, 94 pigman poo, 2 furnace pets, 20 raw wolf meat, 10 blaze powder, 4 bloodnettle (PVJ mod), 6 wither ash (Quark), 14 nether brick, 40 netherrack, 49 magma, 64+22 soul sand, 7x64+6 gloomy netherrack, 5 lormyte, 4 steelstool, 4 goldstool, 2x64+12 quartz, 20 blazing wood, 11 blazing saplings, 1 wither bone, 2x64+17 glowstone dust,  1 lively netherrack, 17 thornstalk (I need to write some recipe/purpose for those someday), 3 red elder mushroom cap, 2 elder mushroom  stems, 43 brown elder mushroom caps, 6 deathstalk mushrooms, 2 spores, 3 enoki mushroom caps, 3 obsidian shards, 4 enoki mushrooms, and some loot weapons.

Ash storm!  Not a friendly place...

I only have about an hour, so another Nether trip seems like the ticket.  With my Fortune III, XP Boost III pick, the nether quartz is bumping me up pretty quickly, started at level 36, now (1230) level 43.  Found a vein of 4 ancient netherrack at 82y, got a range of 22 weird crystals and a dense fuel pod, whatever that is.  (1238) 6 more ancient netherrack, still around 85y -- it is tan and looks alot like the primordial paleosol.  Level 45.  Wow, that soul sand biome has a lot of pigman poo.

Over on the icy and fiery biomes, I see very few ores, and no ancient netherrack or paleosol. I ran in and out of some nether fortresses, hacked and grabbed some chests.  Back on regular netherrack areas, those ores and ancient bits can be found again.  In the icy area, the skinny guys have a serious freeze attack where you can't even operate a weapon, and in the fiery area there are the annoying embers and salamanders setting me on fire every few minutes.  A fun adventure overall.  I added some storage drawers to the blacksmith building on the Nether side of the portal, to store most of the netherrack types over there.  No need to bring those home en masse.


Nether ship -- so much to see down here.


Anyway, lots of new items for my stash.

##

4/19/2021 Overgrowth-1-1

So, those little fragments dropped from ancient netherrack are used to make Pinkly Sheep advanced weapons and some odd explosive things.  They come in different weights: trace, light, normal, heavy. dense.  How these convert:
3 trace = 1 normal
2 light = 1 normal
heavy = 1 normal + 1 light
dense = 2 normal + 1 light.

AAA/BCB/-B- (lapis fragment, diamond, ancient iron) = enchanced diamond

leather + flint = 6 animal hide strap
ABA/-C- (rainbow wisps, pink wool, gold nugget) = mending twine
ABA/BCB/ABA (old gold quartz, animal hide strap, mending twine) = reinforced hide strap
4 pinkly eggs = packed pinkly egg
A-B/-C-/B-A (packed pinkly eggs, pink dye, stick) = pinkly rod
then finally:
-A/B- (pinkly rod, reinforced hide strap) = entwined handle
--A/-A-/B-- (enhanced diamond, entwined handle) = enhanced diamond sword (12 dmg, repair with 2 diamonds)
-AB/ABA/CA- (flaked obsidian, enhanced diamond, entwined handle) = extreme diamond sword (24 dmg)

Interesting stuff from Pinkly Sheep:

-AA/BCA/DB- (iron, animal hide strap, stick, iron nugget) = mini club hammer
    - use this to bash obsidian for shards, bash stone for stone drops, and drop chunk of hardened clay from terracotta.
    - medium stone + club hammer = 3 small stones
    - large stone + club hammer = 6 small stones
There is also an obsidian obliterator that drops flaked obsidian from obsidian blocks, but it can only be found in beanstalk loot chests.

AA/BC (chunk of hardened clay, charcoal, bowl) = 8 edible clay (stops poison)

dense nether fuel pod: smelts 1 item but has 256 uses

nether crystal -> dense nether dust, how many: trace = 6, light = 11, normal = 16.
dense nether dust makes pinkly eggnades (grenades), but each one also smelts 256 items.  Well, that's a big energy boost.  Sure enough, I added hoppers in and out from one of my goldern furnaces, and it smelted 4 stacks of logs into charcoal.

One thing I just love about a modpack is trying to explore every item added by every modder.  Some of them are brilliant, some are funny, some don't make an ounce of sense but you want to make them anyway.  I may very well make a slingshot and take a bag of weird ammo out for a test run one night: it can shoot everything from strikers to meatballs to cherry bombs, and all the ammo can be soaked in potions (8 of them around a potion) to send the potion effects off into the distance.  Not every expedition should be the same boring hack and slash.  I almost never brew or use potions, but maybe one night, the mood will hit me.

(1046) Another expedition into the unknown ...

(1133) I cleared the top two floors of the rogueslike dungeon near Brixton.  On the surface, there is that 2x3 grid of fireworks launchers, 6 dispensers packed to the brim with fireworks, but I could not find the control room on either of those top two floors.  Someday I will setup my own fireworks industry and start by raiding those dispensers.  I don't think I have ever crafted a fireworks item in Minecraft, though I keep thinking they look like fun.  Like usual, I ended up with a double chest full of goods form each level at the base of the stairwell.  Level one had a brewing room, and level two had a jukebox room and a mess hall. I keep thinking one night I will set up a base in one of those rooms, for deeper runs, but I always have to take stuff back to my main surface bases instead.

I had 52 levels, so I took all enchanted books and tp'd to my Enchanting Lounge.  Did a bunch of level 30 enchants, filling the double chest with books.  Down to 28 levels.

(1149) Off to the Cavern dimension.  I went down my stairs to one of my bases with the chest and furnaces.  Did a quick spectator mode and found there was a library room only about 15 blocks over and 15 blocks down.  Sure enough.  Two floors of about 12 mirage bookshelves each.  Fortune II pickaxe (yes a pickaxe works for these) gave me: Mirage Worlds (Void, Crown Cliffs, Wide Desert), Magic Books (Invisibility & Teleport), and 81 regular books.

(1156) Back home at Aden.  I ran some repair paste on my items.  Sometimes it feels a bit expensive, other times too cheap. Just put the item plus a bunch of repair paste and a set of tools in a crafting grid, and it will use as much paste as needed to repair the item.  My dragon chestplate was at about 30% but it only took 4 paste to bring it back to full (I was expecting it would detect the strength of the item somehow), but a regular diamond pickaxe at 50% cost 5 paste.

(1225) I made a portal to the Crown Cliffs dimension next to the Nether portal building.  Technically, it's a portal to whichever mirage world book you're holding at the time, so I put a chest there with all those new books.  Wow, at first it was pitch black and I panicked thinking the game was crashing, but it turns out I was at the bottom of the ocean.  Good thing I had squid pet turned on just in case of a bad spawn. Then, ewww, the terrain gen was a ridiculous bunch of skinny stone spires, but then I found a massive, tree-covered island going up to 255y.  Some sawed-off plateaus with clumps of mobs.  Dizzying variety of heights and depths.  I dropped down a small villager hut at world height, then went down to a deep chasm where Project Vibrant Journeys is doing most of the interesting block generation: flourospore glowing shrooms, siltstone and PVJ limestone.  The biome is Overgrown Spires.  Odd.  This is a dimension worth spending some time in.

(1246) I was about to head /home but the game crashed.

(1254) Popped back on, just to get /home for the night.

##


Comments

Popular Posts