Overgrown: Pinkly Sheep lost beans

4/26/2021 Overgrowth-1-1

What the Pinkly Sheep wiki actually said was that lost beans are found only in stronghols LIBRARY chests.  Well, I only had one of those to go through.  Funny how much time I spent walking around this world (and my other modpack with this mod) looking for a naturally spawning beanstalk.  NOw I'm thinking that after all my prior explorations and all the randomite I cracked open, I might have some beans back at my Aden base, in one of those overflowing drop chests.

So my mission for my lunch break is to go back home and look for da beanz.

if I don't find one, there is a whole crazy process for getting rainbow seeds and making the blessed earth it is supposed to be planted on, and the weirdly specific fertilizer it needs, which requires already having a wild potato farm when I can't even get the first potato seed.

Nope.  No lost beans.

For fun, I tried out the /locate command.  I specifically skipped that for finding the Stronghold, since ender eyes are the more adventurous way to go.  But all my swimming looking for an ocean?  There's a monument at about 3200,3900 and here I am in Brixton at -1700, -2000.  Hmm.  That's a trek.  How about a Mansion while I'm at it?  I have actually never seen one in any Minecraft world.  Game says 4400, -3080.  So there are a few more goals to reach.

Doh!  I tp'd to Big Witch Hut and ran to 800,-40 then crashed at the edge of a huge mesa wall.  After weeks of visiting and exploring, I guess I never made it anywhere close to 0,0 or positive z values.  Amazing how these maps are effectively infinite.

An actual vanilla jungle temple at 744,-4.  And I found an animal crops plant that dropped two mooshroom seeds.  Perfect for Pinkly Sheep advanced weirdness.  Now I think I should divert to 0,0 and put a waypoint there.  Animal crops, 2 villager seeds.  Inventory pets cloud just about touching the ground of this high mountains - another squid pet.

I tp'd back to the jungle temple along my previous route, and ran to 1384, 532 and that's it for lunch.

After dinner, (0921) Launch.  (0935) Found two academies about 60 blocks apart in t a huge desert, then Academy 4 with a sandstone dungeon next door.  Made it to 1789, 1789.  (0942) With night falling I was just running along the desert coast hoping some safe structure might appear.  The water went deeper than I had seen before, and sure enough there was tored-bored wood and a small prismarine structure off the coast.  the 3 tiny isles had a huge tree between them, so this is a new waypoint "Almost Island" after the similar location in the earlier world that got corrupted.  And of course this is when I ran out of fish for my squid pet.  So here I am fishing at 1983, 2499.  Oh, good, these harvestcraft fish can be turned into vanilla raw fish so I can go squid again.

(1003) The last ocean petered out so I went overland and made it to a flag tower high on a cliff overlooking another ocean, just as the sun was setting.  The chest at the top had two mega loot cases (rare and epic), the rare one gave a pickaxe called The Weeping Bell (mining speed 4, 1147 durability, broad), the other gave a bow called Eagle (draw speed 1.8, power 2.25, 1547 durability). And I dumped a ton of low value stuff I had been carrying around.  Waypoint flag tower" at 2735, 3119.  Down the hatch, long dark ladder to what looks like a dirt hole.  But you need to dig out the dirt and stone to get to the cobble walls of teh actual chamber.  There is a chest on a wooden shelf, a skeleton spawner buried in the dirt, then a second chest in the dirt.  Neat item: an ammo bag with 4 fire charges, 9 arrows of weakness and 2 block of packed arrows (52 arrows each).

(1017) Finally, deep ocean at 3806, 3312 and there's the monument just waiting for me.  I dropped a waypoint on the nearest solid land, and will come back when I'm stocked up on squid pet food.

(1022) So, the other target was a Woodland Mansion.  Oh wow, the distance is 700, 6500.

(1043) Running toward the Mansion, I found an amazing scene with a tower on the coast of a river between two massive gray-and-white cliff faces.  Waypoint "White tower" at 3606, 1804.  I cleared one level of the dungeon, just an amazing design here, checkboard floor of white and light blue terracotta, potted plants, doors, workrooms, wow.  Still a long way to go, need to move on.

(1104) Waypoint set at 3000, 0 at another little DT trap house.  Off into the desert from there ... oddly, I ran /locate Stronghold and got one right along my current path at 4008, -2712.  I'm at 3291, -1175.  Detour!

(1144)  haha, I built a ladder 40 blocks down at 4408x when I wanted 4008x.  Finally found stronghold #2.  Library 1: chest 1: coins (9 Ag, 1 Pt), 3 common mega loot cases, one rare, and a book of feather falling IV.  Chest 2: coins (6 Ag, 1 Au, ignored copper & bronze), loot cases (2 common, 1 rare), disguised obsidian.  Library two (after an exploding spawner room), chest two ... one lost bean.

Tp back to base ... planted the beans on a "5x5 dirt patch", but how can I keep the dirt from changing to grass?  If it matters.  Cleared out my backpacks only to find I lost my Fortune III pick.  I upgraded the chests to gold on the SImple Storage network and threw all the stuff in there, hopefully it will last a while before crashing.

Call it a night.

##

Comments

Popular Posts