Technic VeeTech: Refugee-to-Regent Challenge

 6/22/2021 Technic Veetech

Just a fun time of running from place to place harvesting things, mining, exploring.  I added floors to the two chisel display buildings in Redwood Town and completed paving the road all the way back to the second Cathedral.  So many little places here, each with its own items and quirks, and I tried to do some different design work in different areas, in between all the mod-spawned structures.

##

6/24/2021 Technic Veetech

Ahhh, the vast and comfortable world ... last night I just went from town to town, harvesting items and expanding mines.  Over at Jasper Fields, I harvested the four tree types, and tonight I added 3x5 horizontal log rows for each of those.  I just need some rails to put over the top to look like metal straps -- I really like the look of those.

Looking for iron, I swam across to Cayuga Lake, only to see the magical crops ready to harvest, wondering why I never made a Fortune III pick.  So I tp'd back to the Cathedral and dimension doored over to the fortress of magic to get some stacks of xp berries and a few books.  After which I had the levels to make a new diamond pick (Fortune III, Unbreaking II) and a hoe ().


##

6/28/2021 Technic Veetech

Over the weekened, we had fun trying to build a simulation of Anne's house in my MC world.  I chose a spot over at Farlander Fields, and was surprised at how big it was compared to the little shacks I always build.  She has a mobile home about 1600 sq ft, so about 60x25 in real life.  In the game, it expanded to almost run into the farlander house nearby, and was constrained by a lake of sewage on the other side.  Smooth limestone for the outer walls and smooth sandstone walls for inner walls.  I even added a little red wool "car" out front.

Out beyond Farlander Fields, I found a wide-open plain and started a Refugee-to-Regent Challenge over there.  Trouble is, it doesn't apply as well to heavily modded worlds.  To avoid an absolute drag, I started with 16 torches, a half-stack of cobblestone walls, and wooden tools.  After two game days, I have a 3x7 dirt house, double chest, crafting table, and a fence gate for a door.  There were two MFR rubber trees in the area and one gave saplings.  They drop those rubber drops, which can be used for torches without mining for coal or making charcoal.  Just breaking grass and clicking fruit, I have one chest full of one-off seeds and maybe 2-4 of fruits.  Wit the wooden hoe along the shore, I had a plot of 6 crops and a plot of 8 crops growing.



About 120 blocks west is an untamed farlander double-house with its two guardians.  Sure, I still have my Overseer armor on, so they wouldn't hurt me, but I don't want to fudge it.  150 blocks WSW is one of my already-conquered medium pirate ships with a floating town behind it; and on the shore is a farlander double-house with three stands of mystic shrubs, fenced off, tamed.  To the east is a ruined tiny house that I patched up with dirt, and a battle pit that I will be avoiding.

I copied the specs for the most basic houses into a written book.  Funny how the wiki says the town center for the primitive dirt stage village needs to be just "a small bank in which to store communal resources", then it says at least 20 double chests!

(2235) I scoured the river/bay for clay and came back with 5 stacks.  So I replace my dirt roof with clay blocks and added a second 3x7 hovel in an L-shape, with the little sheep pen on the inside.  I did allow myself a pair of shears, just so I don't have to slaughter animals for wool.  Added a bed and two wool slab "almost beds".  Not every bed symbol needs to be slept in.

I now have an array of 9 rubber tree saplings, and some crops have been harvested already.

Trees in the area: cinnamon, plum, avocado, pear, papaya, pomegranate, one each.  I found some sugar cane and have it lined up on the sandy shore nearby.  A pretty good start to a new settlement.  Just adding to the variety of the world ... I can come back any time and continue this particular development path in this local area, while other regions can have totally different local rules, quests, constructions, and economic experiments.

##

6/29/2021 Technic Veetech

Three more game days at "Clayton".  I turned all my rubber wood into fences, which sucks because they only give 3 planks, then 6 sticks to craft only two fences, but I got about a 25x25 block slice along the coast all fenced and lit up.  Added a 5x5 town center with a double chest for building materials and two new shacks (3x3 and 3x4, one and two wool slab beds).  Outside the town hall I added an oak fence and clay-framed 1x1 two high stack of chests called Seed Storage, for all those pesky seeds clogging up the other chests.

(2228) Calling it a night, head cold, runny nose, yuck.  Anyway, I have one house with a chest for wool, with 43 wool already; one house with a chest for flowers; main house stocking food; seed storage; two sheep, two pigs and a brown horse.  Now using excess rubber saplings to cook some gysahl pickles, and my little sugar cane row can be used for cane blocks, a new non-tech building material.

Of course, Treecapitator makes logging too quick.  I have 84 rubber logs for fences and building and about 150 rubber drops for torches.  It's hard to picture any settlement staying in dirt/clay mode for very long, whatever arbitrary goal is given in the Challenge document.  On the other hand, those Harvestcraft crops have a very low food value, so I find myself eating half the stash when I get down to half hunger.

##


Comments

Popular Posts