Overgrown - sundried potatoes & shulkers

6/10/2021 Overgrown-1-1

I had a few nights away.  With the new work schedule, I only have from about 10-11pm weeknights, and maybe a little weekend visit.  Last night I made more moonshine funnels, merged some potions, and tp'd back to the beanstalk only to have a full blackout crash.  This time I brought the three unlocked white shulker boxes, 6 luck potions and I still have my endless supply of milk to clear the negative buffs.  But I think I cleared most of this stalk.  Not much room left where the chests could be hiding, as I have stripped most of the outer wood and it's just chunks of eyes inside.

(2210) found another chest, pretty low in the stalk, but the milk removed the Good Luck and left the Bad Luck alone.  Swig another potion.  X-Enchanted book (Thorns XVII).

(2239) One more chest, and some chopping and skirmishes: X-Enchanted book (Silk TOuch), Enchanted book (Ocean Depths Exploring: Resp III, Depth Strider III, Aqua Affinity).

(2253) Yeah, this stalk looks pretty well cleared out.  I have about 7 chests full of goodies, from stacks of beanstalk logs (various types) to those X-Enchanted books, reforger gem remnants, but the one thing I did not find was the reforger workbook that lets me actually request enchanted items.

(2324) I went for a run in the Aqua Cavern with my 5 new shulker boxes, filled em up, brought them home to Brixton and dumped it all into the SImple Storage Network.  It still has two empty diamond chests to expand into, but the point is not to just overflow it.  COmmon stones go into the drawers, all the Alchemistry ingots went back into a clean shulker box and over to my Periodic Table, and the Ender IO stuff all went to the Ender IO lab.  Shulker boxes were a great addition to the vanilla game: we can now move whole chests of stuff from place to place.  Along with a mass item sorting method like the Simple Storage Network, I can quickly sort by mod, and pull out all the stuff that goes where that specialty is being worked on.


##

6/13/2021 Overgrown-1-1

(2003) On a quick visit last night I was clearing out the bonsai hopper chests back at Aden and saw that 9 saplings makes 5 coagulated plant balls (Plants mod), so heck, 63 saplings -> 35 plant balls, and I brought a half shulker box full back to the Plants shack at Brixton for future plant duping.

(2055) I took some wild potato blocks over to the nearest "cold, dry mountain biome" and while waiting the 2-3 minecraft days for some transformation, I scouted the area and took out some Inventory Pets cloud chests.  Got a dubstep pet and saw something new ... the magpies on the ground picked up my fallen loot and flew around with it.  Nice detail.  Or at least they had string and paper for some reason.

(2307) Two more cloud chests, got two nether portal pets and an ice golem pet.  I also raided one of the super-high stained glass "clouds" with the invisible witches.

(2316) You can check the status of the sundried potato blocks in F3.  It will say the age of the block on the right, out of 6 total growth steps, 0 to 5.  

I have two at age 2 and one rotted.  There is a poop-o-meter stick which is supposed to turn green when they are almost ready, pink when they are perfect for harvesting.  I harvested one at age 2 with a fortune III pick and got 20 wild poison potatoes.

Raided more Pet chests, got an apple pet and a heart pet.

(2334) Well this is a tedious AFK process.  I finally have one at age 4 and two at age 3, out of 12 total.  (2333) Two age 3, two age 4.  (2337) Another one rotted, darn snow.  I keep clearing the weather, but it's hard to keep these guys dry, I suppose.  (2340) Age 6, meter turned green, fortune III pick gave 2 tatoes.  (2341) next one at age 5.  Well, darn, I have to get to bed.

##

6/14/2021 Overgrown-1-1

(2140) Log in, sit and stare at potatoes while paying bills.  (2150) Age 7, harvested with axe, stick turned pink, got 5.  (2153) Next one, age 6, Fortune III pick, got 3.  (2203) Age 6, got 2.  Anyway, the wiki says 2-5 drops but you might get ore with a fortune axe.  I only have fortune on pickaxes, so they may not be what is expected.  (2208) So I tp'd back to my enchanting lounge, made 3 diamond axes, ran 3 level 30 enchants and got Fortune III, Runed III.  (2217) Age 6, got 3.  Not a total waste, since this mountain is made of andesite, and there was a lot of surface gravel to hack for flint for more cutters and bit measures. (2219) started snowing, "/weather clear", hacked, got 4.  A total of 20 of the SunFrost Dried Potatoes and two rotted ones that can used to make green waste.

(2334) I sorted chests, made stacks of bark ties, grass bundles, you name it.  Then tp'd to the nether with the Nether pet, starting about 2600 blocks from my other markers.  I made about 10 stacks of "bits o heat", only to accidentally dupe the shulker box with the fortune III pick, and get twice as much.  Came back with 6 shulkers full of stuff & junk & bits.

Comments

Popular Posts