Overgrown - oh the Pinkly stalk of death...

6/6/2021 Overgrown-1-1

Reading the Pinkly Sheep wiki again over the weekend, it sounds like to unlock that shulker box, I have to rename some object to "Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum" and it will become a key.  And ironically, the building I am using as a base is one of those little pyramids from the Fossils and Archaeology mod which came with anvils already in it.  I also had all that repair paste from the crater towns, which was good since my armor is trashed.  Oh wow, the repair paste does not work in items from the Mega Loot mod.  Anyway, here goes ...

I renamed the one gold nugget that I randomly had on hand, and sure enough, it opened the chest.  The full list of loot is: 2 rainbow slices (Luck: essential for getting the best loot from those beanstalk chests), iron leggings (dodging I, Repellent II; I assume that repellent keeps those silverfish away?), sturdy wing, harvester of hearts (a fancy scythe that legends say can break inner stalk blocks without releasing the mobs: fortune V, efficiency III, unbreaking II), 2 sedation cures, soul vial, speedy wing, end shards, master hammer "smash" (16 damage, Unbreaking III, from DungeonTactics), a bone called "Joel is neat" (with Curse of Vanishing, this must the key to the overall beanstalk), a diamond axe called "bean flying chopper first class" (fortune V, luck of the sea I, efficiency III, unbreaking V, curse of vanishing), another master hammer "smash" (18.5 damage, Decay) and master cestus "Pummel" (DT mod, 6.25 damage, knockback II).

Well, no, the harvester of hearts did not prevent mobs spawning from the inner bottom blocks, maybe it's meant for chopping the beanstalk eyes?  After fighting a few more vexes I got two dropped "hearty harvesters" with 23 durability left, just as the wiki said might happen.  No, the scythe does not stop the eyes from spawning the vexes and spiders either, and I'm stuck with th 7 minutes of fatigure again.

I found a grey shulker box up the side of the stalk, forgot to take a luck slice first, but the loot is still ok" 4 diamond ore, 3 glowstone, 2 blaze rods, 2 ghast tears, 2 golden carrots, some other stuff.  Again, you have to rename an item to match the owner of the chest to open it.

Flying up and down the trunk I found a few more shulker boxes and brought them all back to base.  I sheared some leaves to see what was beneath them ... beanstalk core and lots of eyes.  Then I started breaking the leaves with my axe, and as described, some try to kill you and some try to give you good stuff.  I get xp orbs, stalk nuts, random saplings ... and silverfish that knock me off the branches. Fun.  I also got two bone leeches which had health bars.  While sorting loot, I heard a burping sound only to find all my food and hunger bars gone and the leeches had filled up.  So THOSE are going in storage.  Bleah.


Two shulkers of Fum's stuff: 4 end stone, 8 lapis ore, 6 iron ore, 9 prismarine crystals, 6 red mushrooms, 2 gold ore, 2 packed ice, 2 shulker shells, glowstone.  Combining 4 of Fee's chests: 2 golden axes (various enchants), 18 diamond ore, 13 glowstone, 4 gold ore, 4 blaze rods, 8 ghast tears, 6 shulker shells, 10 carrots, 3 golden carrots, 4 bit o sponge, 4 wildberry bushes, and a farmer's pouch.

I found one more chest inside the trunk, high up.  Broke the eye above it so it would be openable, flew back to base and let the mobs disperse.  Came back with the stalk key and a luck melon slice, and got: 3 redstone blocks, 3 bone blocks, 3 diamonds, wither sksleton skull, 3 cobwebs, and a rotted hay bale, not too impressive.  I guess I still don't have the knack of raiding these beanstalks, but so far the 8 shulker shells are a big boost, and the emptied Fee/Fum shulker boxes are supposed to be convertible to normal shulker boxes with no lock, and I thought that bleaching powder would do it, but that just gave me a default (purple) shulker box still locked.

##

6/7/2021 Overgrown-1-1

Back to the blog, it also said to keep an eye on two other items in the stalk base shulker box: the enchanted axe and the sedation cure.  The axe just chops quickly (Efficiency V) but no item provides protection from the mob spawns when beanstalk eyes are broken.  So I went back to Brixton to get a cow and a bucket.  I now take milk with me each time I fly up the tree to hack away a bit more and expose the chests.  At this point I have raided 6 shulker boxes and 7 of those oak trapped chests from inside the beanstalk.  I got my first X-Enchanted book: Looting VI, which I put onto my master hammer "smash" for 15 levels.

When I had bad luck, one of the chests gave me just sand and cobwebs, which was pretty funny.  I tp'd back to Brixton to get a few more luck melon slices, and have a good stash of diamonds, emeralds, iron blocks, plus 5 reforger gem remnants, 8 stalk nuts, 6 beanstalk heartworms, 5 beanstalk heart mulch, 40 silverfish powder, and 5 balls of earthworms (45 total) that I added to my squirmies farm back at Brixton (189 worms, still none have grown in the box, only the ones I put there).  I took some bleaching crystals to convert the Fee/Fum shulker boxes into vanilla boxes -- it takes 3 crystals to clear the name and lock from each box.

Back at Brixton, I made a large crafting hopper and a recipe for flower power powder, for brewing luck potions over by the Nether portal.  Made 6 of them, and gathered some other potions and smelted a stack of glass.  So, a bit measure plus two glass panes is another bit measure, plus a gold nugget and paper = 2 moonshine funnels.  Then, unstackable potion over moonshine funnel + glass bottle = stackable version of the potion.  So, I have a stack of 6 luck potion (5:00) to take back to the beanstalk.

Comments

Popular Posts