So many old packs won't load anymore!

2/22/2022 EpicProportions

I dropped WhisperFire a note about how much fun I had exploring her world download.  But for tonight I am going back to my AoA world.  There is still so much there that I had not done or seen yet, and all the crazy fun things to collect, like the hammers, Youtuber ores, headcrumbs.  It looks like that older version of AoA did not have the ticking entity crashes that bug me so badly.  But each world has it quirks.

Ugh, two crashes right away.  That ruins it a bit...

Let's shift over to a different pack.  I haven't visited my Curseforge VeeTech 1.10.2 high-tech pack in a while.  I remember it was in that epic Ruined City world, so at any sign of boredom there are always new towers to conquer.  I had a little Big Reactor in a basement, some NuclearCraft machines, a Draconic something on the roof, fluid cows all over the place, RFTools devices generating new dimensions, and some spaceflight mod line-up of multiblock machines on another roof.  And bees and Nether and End expansions, cooking for blockheads, and more.  The main bother was that it did take about 10 full minutes to load.

More like 12 minutes.  Some really interesting contraptions here that I am no longer familiar with.  NuclearCraft had a Manufactory, Nitrogen Collector.  I have a Draconie Evolution fusion crafting core with 9 injectors.

And THIS one crashed from an OutOfMemory java error.  Yeah, that was also a factor.  You would think that after paying $1000 for this new laptop just two years back that it could run the game.  Maybe I really do need a dedicated game desktop system.

Trying my Overgrown-1-1 pack for 1.12.2, which sounds odd to me, since I thought that older one was for 1.10.2 and I speicifally built the newer Overgrowth for 1.12.2, which Curseforge now says is the 1.10.2 one.  Overgrowth is the one with that gorgeous photo of the pond from the SD Botanical Gardens.  I never did properly "release" Overgrowth.  I'm not sure what the point of that is.  I just want interesting worlds to run myself, or maybe set on up on a server for friends to come and visit.  Well ha ha.  OverGROWN is the newer one.

The one I wanted was Overgrowth 1.10.2 then.  That's the one where I had the city with its AE network, big Mystical Agriculture farm, workshop full of EnderIO and TE machines, Calculator mod house.  The one where I setup a central tower to be used by the whole gaming group on a server but nobody ever showed up, but my nearby village has all kinds of mod-specific setups.  The one where I setup that town of Mudvale not far from the main city, where every little shack had an NPC (in my mind), each with their own worktables showing off their skills, and trading chests, and some of them sold enough rice and basic stuff to buy their own plots of land.  

It's loading now.  I really enjoyed the feel of that world.  I had a cave system with orc NPCs and traders living in the nodes of different minerals (Rockhounding mod), below which I had the dwarven town on the walls of a deep chasm.  Not far from there was my little neolithic settlement with round houses made of thatch and other primitive materials.  It did start to lag near the big town so I started turning off the laser beams that were sending power all over town.

And it crashed, exception in server tick loop.  Damn already.

How about my old old FTB Unleashed world.  Oh right, "Could not verify Minecraft version" in that little red bar.  Google results say to run as administrator (did not work) or check antivirus software to make sure it allows connections ... who has time for that crap?  Fine, back to WhisperFire's world ... at least it will run.   I do have to spend some weekend tinkering time looking for other ways to setup these old worlds of mine.  It sucks having to rely on these launchers that are constantly changing and merging and dropping content.

Those empty portal frames felt lonely, so I activated one to Celeve and one to Creeponia.  Off to Celeve, the annoying clown dimension.  Yeah, flying around looking for landmarks is too easy.  Howevering just of out reach and spamming the mobs with a sword is too easy.  But punching those ravenous clowns in the face was good therapy and I did get realmstones to Candyland, so I came back to base and lit a portal to that one.

Candyland is bright and full of cute things ... which try to kill you, of course.  The creatures are fairly tame, though the little cherry bombs will shoot from a distance, and there are weird little glassy balls that fly around and drop explosives at you.  Again, flying around looking for key locations is not very adventurous, but I set a personal quest of getting two stacks of each type of chocolate block and sampling everything else like a kid in Willy Wonka before heading home.

Back home, I tested some vein mining down deep in the mines, and yeah, getting a whole inventory full each time is some serious overkill.  Due to the high skill levels, I got about a stack of essences every time, and I got a few lunaver coins for I don't know what.  That's just crazy.

##

Comments

Popular Posts