EpicProportions 10 - OpenBlocks and ticking entity

2/7/2022 EpicProportions world

I have mostly been playing board games and apps of board games, and I started a new blog about those: https://scottvee-gaming.blogspot.com

I am up to 95 articles there.

So now this is essentially a Minecraft blog full of notes that I am not actually posting anywhere.  I only get to play for an hour here and there, maybe two hours on the weekends.  I ran for a while on my VeeTech 1.5.2 world, and now I am back on the crazy/dangerous Epic Proportions Season 10 modded modpack.  I can't get over the huge variety of blocks and items in this pack.  About 20 dimensions, each with its 4 or 5 new mobs, a dirt texture, some stone textures, a gem or two, the same types of structures but with different bricks ... not to mention the trophies for each mob, two or three guns and suits of armor for each dimension ... a heap of skills to level up, runes, essences, pixons, skill stones, it's massive.

I built a road from my desert base to the other desert village, and started a road from Brick House base to the Plains Base.  Just now, I did a huge land grab from Plains Base along where the road will be and added the first of many buildings, this one for iron chests and aluminum smithing (I added recipes for Al to be used in shear, pistons, hoppers).  Another sign marks a building where I will make the obsTrophies uber swords.  The list of projects is endless, including exploring every dimension and building a base of Overworld materials on the other side and setting up embassies around the portals on the Overworld side.

Epic proportions, indeed.



##

2/9/2022 EpicProportions world

Not much news.  I turned that new little building into a workplace for making AoA slabs, with a Creation Forge for boosting my creation skill.  I finally got tired of the mobs showing up in the middle of my walled-off lit-up property, I added a chest with the recipes for the magnum torch, which now takes 5 chandeliers, two particular potions, and 2 wood.  I cheated the first two potions to make one, and now it's almost TOO quiet around my base.

Meanwhile, I actually looked at one of those red books from OpenBlocks that I get every time I spawn or go through a portal, and as fun as they seem to be, I have never made any of those items in my Minecraft life, not even the uber-simple elevator blocks.  So I made a few of those and expanded the basement under my Plains Base mining house, two levels down with crossed stripes of tetrahedrite ore converging on the elevator to make it clear which block to stand on.

This pack does have a habit of crashing with a ticking entity about every half hour, always some Evermine (AoA) creature, usually the Whatever Masters on other dimensions.  But just now it was a Soul Agent while I was expanding my Plains Base again.  They also tend to vanish right away, so by the time I can get to NBT Editor to remove them, they can't be found.  When I relogged, there were two Soul Agents just outside my wall, when they normally spawn in groups of three.  A bit of an annoyance, really.


Comments

Popular Posts