FTB Departed: WhisperFire world download

2/21/2022 FTB Departed (WhisperFire)

For a change of pace, I grabbed the episode 20 world download and Add-On pack from WhisperFire, and installed the FTB Departed modpack she was playing at the time.  Let's see if I can piece it all together.  Here is the video and link.

I am an explorer at heart, so I have been meaning to grab a world download from one of the series I watch and see what things I can discover.  I doubt there's much I can add to her world, since she would comically bring entire barrels of coins by diamond dolly with her into the other dimensions, untold days spent grinding away.

I'm sure there are a few mods here I have never seen, and it would be nice to see those advanced setups of Botania and Thaumcraft up close, and see how they are put together and what they can do.

This is a lot of fun, actually.  Checking her builds, her vast stock of items.  I put on the skeletal set of armor, and she had a chest clearly marked "My Inventory and Items", so putting all those on, I have about the same level of power she had at the time.  The saves even kept all the AoA skill levels, so I have Hunter 88 instead of the measly level 17 from my other world.

I visited L'Borean briefly.  It looks like she only had 3 portals set up when the save was done, so there IS a ton of new stuff I can do here.

First off, I remembered seeing a big village down on the hills below her base, and the world save did not disappoint.  It's about a triple-size village with 5 golems.  I spent a while doing my usual walls-and-torches security perimeter.  Then I built my usual villager trading stalls in three big L-shaped houses and rescued all her villagers from the hole they had been left in.  It was fun bringing iron golems to the edges of the village and watching them take on the magickes and cyclops.



Let's see what mods she's got here that I have never seen before (*) or simply haven't used much (+) or still don't care about (-):
Carpenter's Blocks (+)
Antique Atlas (*)
Better Builders Wands (+)
Botaina (+)
Cyanos Lootable Bodies (-)
Decocraft (+)
EZ Storage (*)
Hopper Duct Mod (*)
Hardcore Ender Expansion (*)
Redstone Paste (*)
Spice of Life (-)
Steve's Workshop (*)
Translocator (*)
Waystones (+)
Withcery (+)
Ztones (*)

It has ModTweaker and MineTweaker for further customizations I might think of.

It was a fun gaming session with a ton of new things to do.  And if this version of AoA (2.4.B) avoids that annoying ticking entity crash that my world gets about every 10 minutes, I just might complete the tour of the dimensions from here.





Comments

Popular Posts