EpicProportions 10: obsGreenery & CustomNPCs

2/10/2022 EpicProportions world

I finished the road from Plains Base back through the woods to Brick House.  I keep forgetting that I have inventory pets.  One guy helps me with night vision, and the anvil pet repairs armor and tools.  They only eat nuggets once in a while, good deal.

I couldn't seem to find the parts to any one of those obsTrophies swords.  Each has a blade and a hilt of various modded ores and gems.  An interesting challenge, but I guess I have to put together a shopping list of all the parts I need, maybe line them all up inside a few gold chests in recipe->output format.  Or a written book shopping list I can take with me on a scavenger hunt across my bases.  That would be a fun session.

I took a run around the unknown fringes of the Overworld and found some odd things.  While looking at obsTrophies recipes, I saw there were some obsGreenery items, including trees, but had no idea whether I would have to cheat myself a sapling of each to get started.  It turns out, I found an odd forest with a dungeon house in it, and it had four of the new trees: black wattle flowering wattle, winter birch variation, and a red oak.  Later in that same direction, I found a biome called bedrockium, which has dark grass, blood red water, and I got stuck in a dungeon house totally blinded by a night stalker of some kind.  So I tp'd to a far-off waypoint and found a desert temple with some odd stone brock ruins nearby.  There were two ruined forts, each with spiral stairs going down to a wide-open room full of spawners, and across the river there was a single stone brick block on top of the sand, which turned out to have a ladder staright down to another part of the same dungeon complex ... tasks for another day.


##

2/12/2022 EpicProportions world

I made the potions and gathered up the pieces to make two more magnum torches in the QED machine.  I put one in Desert Base and one at the original Brick House settlement, though I suppose with that being a dungeon entrance, the whole dungeon will be clear of mobs except the ones made by spawners.

Actually, now it feels really lonely in my settlements.  But okay, I can do a run outside the walls to catch mobs when I'm in the mood.

I did more world exploring and found a prismarine building over the ocean that has four spinux spawners.  They only have 35 health and are not a challenge.  But I have met swamp chargers, chompers, water goblins, and other mobs on this run.

##

2/15/2022 EpicProportions world

Here are the 6 trees in obsGreenery: blue gum, black wattle, flowering black wattle, ocean oak, red pine, winter spruce.

And the crazy swords from obsTrophies are:
the frightener sword: blade = 5 mystite, 2 emberstone; hilt = bloodstone, 4 amethyst ingots
sword of the medusa: blade = 5 rosite, 2 charged runium chunks; hilt = crystallite, 2 skel ingots, 2 urka hide, 1 ice crystal
lightning sword: blade = 3 iron, ender pearl, 2 string, lapis; hilt = 2 diamonds, 5 lightning diamonds (D, 4 rs, 4 gold)
weeping sword: blade = 3 gold blocks, 2 leather, wither skull, eye of ender, lapis; hilt = 2 emeralds, 5 weeping emeralds (em, 4 blz powder, ghast tear)
Oh, the other swords are made for mods not in this pack, so no recipes or use.

Looking through the mods, I see that Bibliocraft is in the pack but I don't think I've made even one shelf yet.  Those would be perfect for showing off the candy varieties I get from the Candy Man.  Also, Malisis Doors is a mod I have never used, so I made a door maker and block mixer, and tested them out.

I keep forgetting I have the CustomNPCs mod, too.  It has the cool NPC wand, custom characters with so many skins, and all the items with potentially custom recipes.

3 crashes tonight, all when spawning those annoying AoA NPCs.

I set up separate areas for rubber trees, birch trees, oak trees and red pine trees (on the hill), with some big black wattle trees at the peaks ot nearby hills to add some local color to the place.

Whatever I was planning to do tonight, it always takes longer than expected, and all my builds come out looking far less interesting that the way I saw them in my mind, but heck, still the best game ever for players like me.

I am sure that I've been to Gardencia, as I remember fighting the comical horde of veggie monsters and finding a high level spawner inside a hill that cracked open, but I can't for the life of me think where in my world the portal would be.


##

Comments

Popular Posts