EpicProportions 10: all those armor sets

2/19/2022 EpicProportions world

I watched a few episodes of WhisperFire playing AoA on the FTB Departed pack, and it's funny how these players get flight powers and massive weapons and armor and zip through each level as fast as possible, dropping waypoints to all the key points on the map, rattling off all the challenges and what to click on which altar to get the boss, and then whoosh... boss is done, on to the m=next dimension.

I wasted more time trying to find ANY way to organize the loot among any number of chests.  I can just spend all day opening loot bags and getting more junk and running it all over town to where each type of thing "belongs" when the main drop chests overflow.  Or, a typical exploration run sees me coming home with two golden pouches full of stuff.  I try to leave the main dimensional dirt and stone in chests on the dimension side and only bring the best selection of items back to the Overworld.  It's still crazy.

I just popped down into the bedrock box (old Chance Cube gag I can never get rid of) to where I setup the project table for the bedrockium mod.  Yup, those recipes are still out-of-your-mind expensive, but still sound like fun for "some day".  I saw I had 26 bloodstones in the loot chest by the Abyss portal and checked NEI to see what it was good for.  Bloodstone plus jade ingots make the necro armor set and the frightener sword hilt from obsTrophies.  So I made a set of those, put the rest back in the chest, and tp'd to my armor hall to display the new armor set.  I half expected it would already be there because I knew it was a thing a year and a half ago, but no, that armor stand was empty.

There is an annoying glitch in this pack: signs and armor stands often show blanks where there are actually things to display.  After I rclick to view what's on an armor stand, the rest of them behave for a while, but I have to relog to get signs to read properly.

Sooooo, once again, what ARE the armor sets in AoA, and what are their materials?  Right now the signs in my Armor Hall are showing letters properly, so let's do the run down:

I have these in groups of 8, alphabetical up to the few I had to add to the end of the list after it was all written out.

DOWNSTAIRS:

alacrity = sapphire ingot + crystallite (Haven) - high jump height
amethind * = amethyst ingots + diamon (Overworld) - immunity to fall damage
anima - gained on reaching skill level 100
archaic - no recipe
augury - gained on reaching skill level 100
baron = blazium & hive chunks (?) - do +25% and take -25% melee damage
biogenic - no recipe
boreic = sapphire ingots & pure water stones (?) - 33% chance of double damage

butchery - gained on reaching skill level 100
candy - no recipe
commander - drop only
creation - gained on reaching skill level 100
crystallis - no recipe
elecanyte = varsium & elecanium (?) - consume 25 energy when hit to megablock 60% of damage
embrodium* = emberstone + limonite (Nether) - melee attackers catch fire
exoplate = fleshy bones & dark bones (?) - 80% of damage converted to hungur, more details

expedition - gained on reaching skill level 100
explosive - no recipe, drop only?
foraging - gained on reaching skill level 100, can buy a set from foraging master but it still requires the skill 100
fungal = dropped by fungocks (Mysterium)
ghastly = ghastly ingot + mystite (?) - poisons attackers, protect from poison and magic
ghoulish = ghoulish inogt + mystite (?) - 50% reduced energy cost for weapons
hauling - gained on reaching skill level 100
hazmat = mystite ingots & rockbones (?) - immunity to toxic vapors

hermetism - gained on reaching skill level 100
hunter - gained on reaching skill level 100
hydrangic = jade ingots & mystite (?) - below 20% helath consume some runes to heal 5 hearts
hydroplate - dropped by hydrolisk boss (L'Borean)
ice = jade ingots + ice crystals (dropped by yeti) (Overworld) - briefly freezes attacker
infernal - drop only?
infusion - gained on reaching skill level 100
innervation - gained on reaching skill level 100

UPSTAIRS:

knight's = shyrestone & shyregem (Shyrelands) - when hit become a true knight
logging - gained on reaching skill level 100
lunar = lunar ingot + uncharged orbs (dropped by prisoners) (Lunaver) - jump boost & night vision, some healing
lyndamyte* = limonite + diamond (Overworld) - no special set ability
lyonic = lyon ingots (?) - inc melee damage based on injury level
mercurial* = jewelyte & ornamyte (creeponia) - immune to explosions, creates blast every 10 hp taken
necro* = jade ingots & bloodstone (Abyss) - increased tool speed
nethengeic - no recipe

nightmare = from villager trade (Mysterium)
omni* = gemenyte & ornamyte (creeponia) - immune to explosions, creates blast every 6 seconds
phantasm = from villager trade (Mysterium)
poison = jade ingots + jungle thorns (?) - immune to poison
predatious = sksletal ingots & rockbones (?) - +70% holly arrow damage, 20% chance to dodge ranged attacks
primordial - no recipe
purity = sapphire ingots & runic energy (?) - do +25% and take -25% projectile damage
rockbone = rock bones & dark bones (?) - no knockback, no fall damage, increased weight

rosidian = jade ingot & diff petals (Gardencia?) - spawn a friendly rosid every 10 sec
runation - gained on reaching skill level 100
runic = from villager trade (Mysterium)
sharpshot = zhinx dust & baronyte (Lelyetia) - +25% sniper damage, can move while scoping
skeletal (bottom 2) = legbone,footbone,etc fragments (the tiger dimension)
SpaceKing = drop only (Lunaver)
speed - jade ingot + sapphire ingot (Overworld) - increased speed
subterranean* = drops from deepcases (Deeplands) - thorns

battleborn = rosite & blazium (?) - increased battle rage
utopian = jade ingot + crystallite (Haven) - big health buff when in water
extraction - gained on reaching skill level 100
void = drop only (void walkers?)
vulcanism - no recipe
weaken = jade ingots & urka hide (Overworld) - increased defences
wither* = jade ingots & emberstone (Nether) - immunity to wither
zargonite - no recipe

After all the Youtube-watching and recipe scanning, I had time for a prolonged run in the Deeplands.  I brought a few stacks of the black stone from Creeponia and had fun building a road from the portal tree/tower to my big ribcage fossil base about 600 blocks away.  Without the ender pet giving night vision, that would be a scary place, but I like the blend of colors personally, and the creatures are all blocky, rocky, googly-eyed little outsiders.  The sound f/x in AoA are top-notch.  You can really tell what's lurking around you just by the grunts and rumblings and subtle hints.

The last bit of the night was making color-coordinated Malisis doors for each of the 6 dimensional embassies in Endicott using materials from beyond each portal.  Some came out weird, others were way better than expected.  A fun little detailing mod I had never played with until this week.


##

2/20/2022 EpicProportions world

I was going through some old boxes of manuscripts and small press magazines I once had stories and poems in, with WhisperFire in the background, rushing through every dimension.  But she helped me fill in some data on the armors I listed last night.

Back in Deeplands, I spent some time turning my main portal-side mess into a proper base building.  My waypoints in this dimension were pretty weak, just a few hastily-made safehouses and a lottoman.  So, I need to run around and find some more key locations and NPCs.  Which would be a lot easier if it didn't keep crashing -- 3 times now, all from Evermine ___Master NPCs that I almost never interact with anyway.  I have learned to capture them in golden lassos or safari nets and stash them for when I might need them one day, but they still do spawn when I explore new chunks, or sometimes spawn in existing chunks on some coder's whim.

This time I brought all the realm gems back into the dimension with me, since they were of no use anywhere else.  I made it out to the Lottoman I had marked on the map, but I only had 42 gems.  I can spend 10 gems on a single totem, but 10 totems is only 75 gems.  I just saw WhiepserFire buy 70 of the darn things and not get the good drop even once.  So buying one at a time feels pointless.

3 more crashes.  I found a structure with some water surrounding a charging table, set a waypoint and crashed again.  I guess I can't explore this dimension.  Argh.  So I tp'd back to my base, went up the ladder and did some ceiling mining, only to crash again for an Extraction Master.

Back to the Overworld and on to Creeponia to use the banker, but he just won't give me the coins.  So I trash 20 gold and cheat myself a lunaver coin.  I had a few runic stones from trying to bash those runic golems, but had no idea what they were for.  Tp to the portal master, trade in a stone and a lunaver coin for a realm travel ticket and check out Runandor for the first time.

Cool blue walls of bricks, splitting rectangular fields and rectangular pools.  I heard a creepy but cute purring sound, and traced it to an eye creature that was actually kinda cute in a squiddy way.  The rest of the things walking around did NOT look friendly at all.




Taking the portal back to Mysterium dropped me off just outside my wall around the base of the shroom where the portal home is.  It did NOT take me back to the Portal Master's little platform.  I tp'd back and gave Greckon a quick look.  A maze of lifeless purple caves.  The ore is ghastly ore which makes 3 ingots each in the QED, so I have 18 of those ingots, which are used (along with mystite ingots) to make the ghastly armor which gives immunity to poison.  The only creature I saw was a small black, dog-like shifter, but it was a one-hit thing.  After seeing too many curving passages and not much life, I tunnelled straight up to the surface, which was a very ominous place, hard to describe.

##

Comments

Popular Posts