Overgrown & new job

 5/4/2021 Overgrown-1-1

A quick afternoon run.  I turned off the biome sounds in the Dynamic Surrounding config. I don't know if that was having an actual problem, but if we don't have to load those sounds all the time, that could save some RAM.  Flying out from Brixton to an uncharted area, I found my second village of this world, and dubbed it Colfax.  So now the main settlements are Aden, Brixton and Colfax, in order of discovery.  Though my base isn't technically a village.  Anyway, if was an interesting area, with two rivers running under the town and coming out of caves to run down into the plains.  It was a fun time trying to get the villagers into regular trading pens with no item that can pick them up.  Just pin them against walls with blocks, knock out wall blocks, try to push them inside, then repair the wall behind them.  In some cases the houses ended up expanding by a block or two to absorb an village who was outside.

Back at my enchanting lounge, I swapped out the slower ring for the Ring of the Zephyr again.  Life is too short to be dragging along like a lead balloon.

Oh, last night I found that those large stone brick pyramids from the Fossils mod have a middle floor.  I must have gone through 8 or 10 of them before thinking, hmm, the lower floor and top floor don't add up.  Pop through the middle ceilinf block downstairs, above the gold and emerald blocks, and there are 4 more singe chests.  Not especially valuable stuff, but good for pursuing the mod.

Later, I took that buried treasure map and went hunting for it.  I thought I got it near 0,0, so I started at "0,0 dungeon" waypoint.  Cleared that location, just the one spiral stairs down with a spawner on each level.  Good loot.  Then, my path took me over an odd ruin, like the brick towns but made of stone bricks ... which turned out to be less than 100 blocks from my Rustic base.  From there, I passed over another new village (Derby) and then a new witch town, and then crashed.

After dinner: found a neat hobbit house, cleared out that next witch town, and found yet another village on the way home: Eastwick.  Guess what was in one of the witch town chests ... lost beans!

##


5/5/2021 Overgrown-1-1

Just sorting stuff from my loot backpacks.  Expanded the wild potato farm to two 2x7 stacks.

Quick visit.  I made a few stacks of leaf hedges, tp'd out to Derby and secured the area.  It was fun ushering the villagers through house walls by blocking them with hedges, hacking out the wall, getting them inside, blocking them again and repairing the walls.

##


5/8/2021 Overgrown-1-1

Really tired from a trip to Palm Springs.

I cleaned up the town of Derby and wrote my usual text file describing the buildings, their street addresses, adn which villagers are selling which items.  I dropped three Prefab houses along the one unused road.  It's now a stable center to branch out from.

Back at Academy 2 (the double academy by Brixton), I finally brought together the resources from other locations, and cleared out most of the bookshelves down the aisles of floor one.  Now there are pairs of machines with hoppers into central chests: 4 sifters, 2 workbenches, 2 analyzers.  And a starting selection of storage drawers for the bones, scraps, shards and such.  The second floor will have the culture vats for continuing the chain of research.

Now I have to get some sleep, starting that new job tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts