Overgrown: structures doubled up

 5/1/2021 Overgrown-1-1

I was mostly finding old screenshots to fill out the last few months of this blog, but on a quick visit to show Anne the latest developments on my world, I found a neat issue.  The reason there were sand blocks inside the academy?  Well, Something about that particular crash caused the area around Brixton to respawn flowers, passive mobs, AND structures.  So there was a whole second academy sitting on top ot the first one, and the sand blocks beneath it were the ones that landed in the first academy.  There was another archaeologist tent on top of the old one, the dig site on top of the hill got respawned, and a rocky outcrop generated on top of the cherry tree I plante on top i the old version of the rocky outcrop.

Most of that can be cleaned up easily, but making the academy into a viable two-level building will be a big project.

I flew up to sack another little cloud and found an apple pet.  And I tried some booze and got 2:30 nausea that I needed milk to remove.

##

5/2/2021 Overgrown-1-1

(2349) I started hacking away at one of the stone outcrops that spawned in my cherry trees, cleared out that section.

(0009) Cleared one archaeologist tent and added a support beam to the newly spawned dig site so it wouldn't look silly just hanging there.  Ran a load of blocks over to my wall of storage drawers, did some cleanup, ran a bit further north and found one of those flag towers only 160m from my Brixton waypoint, hiding behind a ridge.

(0119) I did a pretty good first run of trying to repair and connect the double-decker academy.  It was interesting breaking into walls to see how the structure was designed and where I could make extra passages, stairwells and rooms.  Now, I should move all the Fossils mod stuf over there from Brixton and reuse that main building just for smithing and item repairs.

##

5/3/2021 Overgrown-1-1

(2240) I read up on the Patchwork rings of flight last night, and they are repaired using essence of flight and a set of tools.  I moved all the rings and wings I could find over to the little brewing stand near my enchanting table then made a ring of methodical flight from obsidian wings.  It has the longest flight time but is not as fast as the speedy wings I was using, though I did repair that ring o the zephyr for later use.

(2326) Long Nether run, just grabbing ores, glowstone and the few ancient netherrack spotted.  I really needed some ghast tears for making essence of flight, but no ghasts showed themselves.  Boy the new wings are slow.  I wish I had brought the others along or backup, but I left them in that chest by the brewing stand.  Somewhere there are weird little obsidian floating blobs that are supposed to spawn ghasts.  And I have yet to find a nether village.

(0000) Scored a bunch of ancient netherrack bits among a gold backpack and diamond backpack full of items.  I've had 3 crashes though, either while flying around or just jumping across the Nether like a lunatic.  Last one was dsurround:village.dogbark IllegalArgument.

(0019) Oh, it's actually Out of Memory errors tonight.  Antimalwarebytes is running?

I did a quick run over to Aspiria to see i my bases are still there.  Yup.  I explored some personal warps, huge elaborate builds to make my own builds feel tiny.

Comments

Popular Posts