Overgrown: mostly on autopilot

 5/23/2021 Overgrown-1-1

No Minecrafting on friday or saturday.  I wrote some blog posts on my boardgaming and wordfixx blogs.  Tonight I had about 90 minutes.  Helped my Colony a bit but now with the slow process of moving buildings with the one builder choppping away a block at a time, it's going to be a long haul until anything new can get done.  The farmer lady just stands there.  The miner chips away at his hole but finds nothing useful.  Still, it's a big, strange diversion to tp to the Colony and see what's going on.  From there, I expanded the walls of Brixton all the way around the pond past Sam's Waterstone to the Welcome Center.  I harvested some of the prehistoric trees around the Double Academy, then just ran out exploring.

I flew up and lumbered my first brazilian pine tree (Plants mod), which gave 12 saplings and just over two stacks of logs.  I was going to take those over to one of my villages that needs more unique products, when ...

I found an odd ruin tucked into a roughly 24x24 circular pit in the ground, several houses of jungle wood & planks surrounded by ineffective palisades.  I really nice design which felt like a relic from another age.  I trimmed some oak bushes in the area, enough to make hedges to properly encircle the palisades, so it should now be reasonably secure except for baby zombies who can get through some of the corners.  Another interesting yet different spot to play survival for a spell in between other things.  Waypoint "pit ruin".

##

5/24/2021 Overgrown-1-1

(2155) Might as well make "pit ruin" the official source of Brazilian pine wood.  Renamed it to Crater.  Then went surveying more land.  Found a few pyramids, then an odd Inventory Pets cloud trap of a different design: a spiral of colored glass guarded by invisible witches in gold armor.  Got a torch pet.

Dove down to the ocean far below, then back up to land to complete a route all the way through black chunks of the map to the town on Colfax.  Then tp back to Crater, drop off the sheep, tp to Brixton to get the two mooshrooms and bring them over here as well.  Brixton is 833m south and Stronghold is 2283m east.  Ocean Monument Base is 8200m to the SE, and still on my list of places to sack properly.

Tp back to Aden to the brewing/enchanting area to drop off the 4 ghast tears and make more essence of flight to recharge my wings.  While I was near the enchanting table at 54 levels, I made some books with level 30 casts: got Silk Touch (!), Lure II, Power III, Long Cast III, Runed III, Speed Boost III x2, XP Boost II.  Down to 30 levels.  Wish I could store them somehow.  I guess that's what the Ender IO experience obelisk is for?

##

5/25/2021 Overgrown-1-1

(2140) I should be able to get an hour in ... this was one long trip to the Crown Cliffs dimension with some Prefab villager houses.  I dropped a house high up on a tall wiggly tree-covered spire, then two more about 50 blocks below on a grassy outcrop, then a blacksmith house about 30 blocks down onto the next outcrop.  Pretty hard to explain, but I tunnelled down through the spire with complete stairs and dirt paths connecting all the buildings.  Tpd to the deep chasm and brought up a lot of local materials (siltstone, PVJ limestone, PVJ marble) that I have not seen anywhere else.

That was an interesting diversion.  My torch pet is very handy: he can place 4 torches per coal eaten, which is the same ratio as if I had actually made all the darn torches and then carried them around.  A winner in the Inventory Pets department.

##

5/26/2021 Overgrown-1-1

(2130) Get started.
(2239) Long nether expedition, lots of goodies.  Organize things around Brixton...

##

5/27/2021 Overgrown-1-1

(2240) These evenings have been pretty much brain-dead wandering at the end of a long day.  I did adungeon run looking for more repair paste in chests, came up empty.  Had to help the colonists for a bit.  Builder finished taking down the citizen hut that I tasked him to move, and he finished, but then he went on to start taking apart town hall (which I said to move but cancelled to get the other house built first).

Comments

Popular Posts