Overgrown: More Pinkly stuff ... and Bill Gates?

4/27/2021 Overgrowth-1-1

Lunch trip.  So it doesn't matter if the beanstalk sapling is on dirt or grass, but it DOES have to be hit once with the Beanstalk Grow! fertilizer, which, um, is a bitch to make.

So here are the insane fertilizers from Pinkly Sheep...

AAA/AAA/BCD (wild red potato, enzyme extraction agent, water, drying agent) = 2 fecundity dust
    can be found in jungle temple chests
AA/BC (pinkly poo, packed vermi meal, toxic manure) = miracle tree grow
    x4 = miracle tree grow (supercharged)
AA/BB/CD (miracle tree grow (supercharged), rotten flesh, fecundity dust, bit o slime) = Beanstalk Grow!

I made a 5x5 area of dirty dirt right next to water, and hit the middle block with the pinkly poo, and still no potatoes.  The wiki does say it takes a stack of poo to get a few plants.

Well, gee, I ran all the way out to the 4400 -3080 coordinates where /locate said there was a mansion, and ... no mansion.  So I made a waypoint called "No Mansion Here" only because it was a huge mushroom "enchanted forest" biome worth checking out.  Over 6000 blocks of walking, voided by the custom terrain gen, but I did find some useful things along the way.  I have still found only the ONE village in this entire world, so as pretty as the Biome Bundle terrain gen is, it is missing a few key things: Harvestcraft trees and villages.  Just leave a few vanilla biomes untouched.

--- 6pm trip

One more weird way to get a lost bean.  Find a nitwit villager, capture it in a witch's stork apple, crank your luck up high, respawn the villager from the apple, and use a Smart Hoppers villager trade pouch:

ABA/CDC/-C- (sugar, albino apple, pink wool, pinkly egg) = witch's stork apple
AB/CD (piece of leather, flint, block of tree resin, string) = village swap pouch: fill it, rclick on villager.

albino apple?  use Whack a Leaf stick on dark oak leaves in forest or swamp.

AB/CC/D- (stick, mending twine, pinkly poo, water) = whack a leaf stick, claims to start with fortune III.  Shears leaves, vines, grass.

Alright, let's find out just how much pinkly poo it takes ... cheat myself a few for science.  Rclicked 12 times on the dirty dirt and got exactly one wild potato (poison) plant.  I guess you only need one to get a crop started, and maybe different strains will sprout in different biomes.  This mod does keep things interesting, with some really long-term processes to work out.

Back at the enchanting table, with 45 levels, I tried 7 diamond picks, but the best I got was Fortune II where Pinkly Sheep requires Fortune III for certain things.  I got Archaeologist III but it didn't seem to have much effect on the drops from fossil blocks.  I ran short, took my XP Boost III pick down into the cave through the witch's mouth, came back with enough levels to get one more try ... Efficiency II (?) sure I guess ... and it also gave me Silk Touch, finally.  I'm not sure I need to run around with 5 custom picks for different tasks.  Maybe I will do like I did in the old VeeTech world, leave various tools at various settlements, for the things they need the most.

I bred my pink sheep and planted those 2 mooshroom seeds in there.  I also planted a wolf seed in a nearby niche.  Back at Aden base, I planted two villager seeds just outside an unused house, cut a hole in the wall, walled off inside and around the seeds outside, so when they sprouted, they ran inside, boom, put back the wall block and that's going to be their forever home.

I got my one wild potato, built a 3x4 slab of two-high coarse dirt with dirty dirt on top and a water block.  Planted the potato there.  I think that's how you start this whole process.  Bonemeal works about half the clicks, and these are supposed to create more potatoes down into the blocks below the main block.

--- Later ...

(2251) I expanded Brixton a bit and added "/setwarp brixton" to get back here faster.  I added villager houses for incense cedar trees, acorns and tree resin; another for feathers and eggs next to the chicken coop, another for Plants mod plant duplication, and then I took my april fools pet out for some fun since I had some tripwire hooks to feed him.  First two times it rained diamonds, I mean rock candy.  Then I got two eggs that say "Spawn a friendly CEO".  I got these guys:

Bill Gates
 - rotten flesh > rock candy,
Steve Ballmer
 - Windoes XP > Windoes 7, Windows 7 > Windoes Mojave, Windoes Mojave > Windoes 8, 31 paper > Emerald

They walk around muttering like crazy people.  It's just hilarious.  Way to go, PurpliciousCow!  I named their building "Friendly CEO Conference Hall".

Oh, the rock candy gives good saturation but Poison 0:05 and Haste 0:25.

Back at /home, I organized some enchanting area chests and added a brewing stand.  I finally want to figure out these wings from Patchwork.  2 wings, 4 essence of flight, flight core and 2 emeralds will give a ring of flight, which one depends on which wings are used.

Brew: glowstone > thick potion, add gunpowder > thick splash potion, add ghast tear > essence of flight.

And the ring of the zephyr works as advertised, regular controls just like creative flight.  Looks like it has a pretty good time of flight as well, its percent goes down only when actively used.

Then I finally got the Fortune III enchant I needed.

One of my new villagers turned out to be a nitwit.  So I cheated myself a witch's stork egg to pick him up.  I already made the villager swap pouch but I don't know how to increase my luck to try that actual trade.

Back at Brixton, putting down the nitwit reverted him back to a baby.  Ugh.  The potatoes have grown down the full height of 3 under one block, one the second layer on another block, and I have a total of 6 planted now with one spare.

Luck potion = powdered flower powder into an awkward potion (water + nether wart), +100% luck.  Drinking two doesn't appear to add anything.  And ... when I rclicked the nitwit I got "pouch not setup properly for trade."  I guess I needed the top row to be slimeballs, the bottom row my trade item (cookies).  After I fixed it, he took it all and gave nothing.  Huh.  Probably because he was grown artificially and never did any trades with real villagers?

And of course, that powdered flower powder in a pain to make:
ABC/CDE/F-- (,,allium, any_tulip, drying powder).

What a huge range of game mechanics, tricks, easter eggs, and oddities in this pack.

##

Comments

Popular Posts