Overgrown - Minecolonies

 5/17/2021 Overgrown-1-1

I decided to start my MineColonies town over on the wide plain by the Plains Dungeon.  That site had the cool set of firework launchers I need to study in more detail, and a big ravine, and the tower on the hillside.  Well, now it has a supply ship in the narrow cove, a builder's hut and half of the first town hall constructed.  I forgot how demanding those little builders were.  I am running around trying to ind the stacks of wood, cobble, stairs, slabs & fences needed, and make some new blocks like the oak shingles (A--/BA-/CBA of bricks, stick, planks = 8 blocks).  Got some early screenshots, but don't have a ton to write about it.

##

5/19/2021 Overgrown-1-1

Last night was a quick visit, worn out from work, on my birthday.  I just fed materials to the Minecolonies builder guy.  We now have a builder's hut, town hall, and one citizen house completed.  I thought the cisitzen homes were dual apartment-style layouts with beds.  This was a big empty house with no bed.  Maybe I built the wrong one or the blueprints have changed.

I made two new shacks in Aden: one for just doors and trapdoors (all wood types) and one for just signs (all wood types).  Will add a project board, and I want to start adding mills in each village which build every item that can be built from a specific wood type.

Back at the Colony, the second Citizen's Hut was completed, and I see no building matching the two-person apartments I had in my earlier pack.  I dropped down a mine and a farm, and got the builder started on the mine.

For example, acacia has these items: bookshelves, Bibliocraft shairs, chests, fancy signs, tables, seats, clocks, display cases; Quark mod (vertical & carved planks,  & bookshelf & bark/stairs/slabs), Chisel bookshelves & planks, Inspirations mod bookcases, MrCrayfish furniture set, SuperBlocks packed wood, Rustic table & chairs, Structurize timber frames & shingles.  Yeah, too much for one shop to make them all, but can probably be divided into shelves, tables & chairs, lumber & blocks, drawers & chests, and other furniture.

##

5/20/2021 Overgrown-1-1

Tonight's session should be a little longer than normal.  I started off helping the Minecolonies guys do their builds.  The mine is now built and active, the farm is built and active, and we are upgrading the builder's hut.  I now have 8 drawers of bulk materials, but they are just standing around in the rain, so I need some adventuring.

Off to the Huge Cavern dimension for some wild mining and randomite fun. (2044) 18.7% to next mining level, whatever THAT is.  A good run of stuff so far.  I ran across the open cave floor for a while, now I'm down making tunnels.  (2052) 22% and all packs are full, warp /home.  The randomite never disappoints, especially with Fortune III.  I got 4 pot roast, some crystalline slime nuggets, seaweed, mithril dust, 6 lemons (made 2 saplings), more weird stuff and absurd element ingots like nihonium (which in the real world was only discovered a few atoms at a time).

Warped back to Brixton, charged up my ender sword and did one of my "someday" items, adding a wall of ender swords at the back of the machinery tower.  Two tiers of sword pedestals, top tier on stone slabs, 12 swords total.  I do seem to find a lot of them.  Another "someday" item was build a house along the shore for making Chisel mod waterstone, which of course I had to name Sam's Waterstone.  It's an odd diagonal house, more of a blob than any particular shape, and the recipe (8 stone around a water bucket) is a pain since the bucket has to be filled up with each crafting, but it gives 8 each and I was able to start it was a seed of materials.  I could see my double-tier academy in the background and the odd prehistoric trees growing around it, but that is for another day.  I have a note to turn Academy 1 into my base for End Reborn stuff and lavastone if there are lava pools in the area that can be drained for the purpose.

(2200) Back to the Colony, the Builders Hut tier 2 is done, the farmer is farming the one potato I found, and the miner is digging pointlessly.  But when I tried to upgrade the Town Hall, its ticker tape cut into the first citizen hut and would have wiped my chests and half the builder's hut.  Jeez, these things are a chore to space properly.  So ... I started moving the citizen hut a few blocks away, and will have to reposition the town hall before it can be upgraded, reaching all the way to the shoreline by my ship.  That's going to be a few more hours of watching the one builder build, assuming I stay in the area and AFK or find something to amuse myself.

Comments

Popular Posts