Overgrown: bringing plants back from extinction

 5/11/2021 Overgrown-1-1

Today was day two of a new job, and I haven't commuted to an office since 2004 so it has been a strain on the body, but everyone has been nice, so it's going well.

I spent tonight's visit expanding the Fossils mod stuff in the double academy, popping back over to Brixton for more items and then a cow for milk for bio-goo.  I made two culture vat niches in between the first and second floors, ladders up and down the backside of the double academy, a dirt path trail back to town, and more.

I was able to bring some species back from extinction: dilhoffia (flower), osmunda (flower), cyathea (3-high bush).  Then my first sigillaria tree sprouted, giving 64+43 logs, 44 saplings, 49 leaves.  Just got my first phrorhacos egg and calamites sapling.  Looks like the sigillaria can grow in two forms: a straight branch or a Y-shaped tree with two branches.

(2240) First calamites sapling sprouted, and produced 56 logs, 29 leaves, 34 saplings.  So, those species are off to a good start.  I will have to read up about the actual dinosaur to see what requirments it might have.  Back at the vats, success with the palaeoraphe sapling and coelocanth.

##

5/13/2021 Overgrown-1-1

Last night was a short, brain-dead visit where I walked around some places and looked at stuff, mostly over at Rustic Town.  Since I had to be up and at the new job for an 8am meeting.  I can always think of new things to do when away from the game, but sometimes, in the actual game session, there are more variables or I just plain forget.  I should put up task boards to help get the brainstorming into reality.  Or what passes as reality in these things.

I got the Rustic mod condenser working.  It does not need fire beneath it -- that started setting my house on fire -- it just needed water in the right tank and coal/fuel at bottom left.

I made a batch of rope and crop sticks and started a patch of Rustic grapes and Rustic chili peppers.  Guess I should go find the two kinds of Rustic mushrooms that I need for other recipes.

The shrooms grow on regular grass in daylight, and with Fortune III, the grown-up forms drops 4-6 items each.  Also, gravel with Fortune III drops tons of flint and red flint: 20 gravel gave 22 flint, 12 red flint.  Got my first chili peppers, first grapes, and did a land grab which involved covering up some of the many pits and leaving one ladder down with a small mine shack.  There is an attractive series of snaking tunnels down there with dirt, mossy cobble, leaves and occasional tree trunks.

I put a clay pot next to the blackberry shrub, with a juicer, so I can quickly make blackberry juice and black dye.  Expanded the hedgerow again to include the apple trees and the little bundle of logs with the tracks across them that generated with the original location, added a small pen and planted two llamas.

Good progress at this location.

Comments

Popular Posts