Epic Proportions Season 10v: obscure mods to explore

9/29/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I finally got the 30 levels I needed to get the Silk Touch book, then I needed 8 more levels at the anvil to put it on a furious pick.  More mining.  It turns out that the Pat & Jen ores (with XP Boost III on my pick) give a crazy amount of xp.  I finally have a silk touch pick, so now I can get the gems are ore blocks ... even though most of them have no recipes that will give any real benefit.  I can get one or two drops from ruby, peridot (etc) ores with my Fortune II pick, but maybe a sledgehammer recipe that guarantees two drops each?  Or just keep them as ornamental.

There are so many other things to collect.  Youtuber statues (heads plus two placed clay blocks), all the technicolor armor from the big zombie fights ... either of those can be used to fill up buildings at various settlements.  There is a 11x11 colored wool floor just outside my Desert Base, leftover from a chance icosahedron.  Built up with some odd lighting, that could be like a disco panorama of either youtubers or armor sets.  The youtubers should probably be separated a bit, too bad they can't be posed in this pack.  But somewhere I need to make a terracotta army of rows and rows of those flashy zombie armor sets.  Hmm, where should that go?

Other trophy halls to setup:
- banners
- swords & tools
- staves & runes
- guns & ammo
- reasonably comfortable surface bases on each AoA dimension

Other labs to set up:
- EnderIO glassworks
- obsidian lab (mostly EnderIO high-end stuff, quarry and such)
- AoA slabs & minions
- Extra Utilities generators

Night run ...

After gathering more youtuber ores and exploring across the desert to sky islands, candy houses, and more, I finally made a custom pet with night vision and invisibility.  The night vision failed in Iromine, again it was 100% pure blackness.  But it sure does make the Abyss easier to navigate.  I ran around, fought some weird things, and found a rune shrine and a Lottoman.  Later on, I found a shadow altar, which I assume is where I would summon some Thing.  They really need to have in-game books for all the AoA lore.  Jumping out to a wiki breaks the game experience.

My tests show that the AoA NPCs do fail to operate if taken out of their home plane.  So, the Haven lottoman I brought back to the Overworld had all trades fail, but in their home planes (like my new Overworld lottoman) their trades work as expected.

Okay, here are some included mods that I either did not know about, or forgot...

Colored Chests = sure, I guess
Doritos = sure, kinda funny, but with no recipes and half the textures missing, bye
EnchantingPlus = but I have a vanilla enchanting table anyway?
Extra Golems = how am I not playing around with these?
Hats = always seemed kinda silly, and useless without being able to place them, but guess what, iChun added HatStands ages ago.
ObsCore = core mod for ObsTrophies and .. ObsAoA, a mod that adds onto AoA.  Like smooth stone versions of dimensional stones and records discs that play boss fight music, dropped by bosses (thumbs up)!  Why did I not know about that?  Adding now.
OgPig = supposedly adds a pink creeper pig, but I have never seen one = remove
[SBM] Cardboard Boxes = a cardboard box for picking up entities with inventories
[SBM] Bagable Plants = don't need it, remove
[SBM] RedCow = a red cow energy drink that lets you fly
Village Names = sounds interesting, but all I ever see are the weird Codex objects.  apparently, "If you right-click the Codex and you have an ordinary book in your inventory, both will be consumed and you will receive a written book containing the name and coordinates of the structure you're in!"  I guess I should stop recycling those things and try to use one.

I added the Bedrockium mod just to remove all the darn bedrock from those killer birthday presents.  And optifine, because apparently the total blackout in some dimensions is due to fog glitches, and that's the only way to turn off fog.

How fun, the Obs mods are made by JimMiningWorm, whose adventures I have been watching off and on for ages now.  Oddly, his channel barely has more views (175K) than my own channel, and I haven't added anything new in 4 years.  But he sounds like a good guy.  So now I am trying his ObsGreenery (just 5 new trees) and his resource pack to colorize the boss statues in AoA.

And the [SBM] mods are "Single Block Mods" from jtrent238.

Reload.

There's a recipe to make nether stars, laying out 3 wither skeleton skulls, 4 soul sand, diamond sword and bow in crafting table.  If that was always there, then facepalm.  If not, it's the start of the bedrockium tech chain:

The goal is to make the bedrock harvester to clean up griefing from the birthday present traps, so:

ABA/BCB/ABA (obsidian, iron block, nether star) = 12 bedrock
AAA/ABA/AAA (bedrock, diamond ore) = bedrockium ore -> [SMELT] = bedrockium ingot
ABA/BCB/ABA (bedrock nugget, bedrock ingot, diamond block) = particle stabilizer
ABA/BCB/ABA (bedrock ingot, lava bucket, bedrock) = bedrock condenser
ABA/BCB/ABA (bedrock ingot, obsidian, flint & steel) = portal manipulator
A/B/A (bedrock, iron block) = bedrock rod
ABA/CDC/-E- (bedrockium ingot, particle stabilizer, bedrock condenser, portal manipulator, bedrock rod) = bedrock harvester

That's a build even more resource intense than the crazy EnderIO quarry and QED.

Other items:
bedrockium nugget + slime + purple dye = portal slime
AAA/ABA/AAA (portal slime, bedrockium block) = 14 slimy bedrockium blocks (enough for one portal)

Red Cow mod:
A/B/A (gray dye, iron ingot) = 16 empty cans
empty can + slime + blaze powder + apple + carrot = red cow (drink)

EnchantingPlus:

In this version there is an upgrade to a regular table:
ABA/C-C/ADA (gold ingot, book & quill, obsidian, eye of ender) = table upgrade
or craft with enchanting table in the middle for table itself.




Comments

Popular Posts