10/6/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

10/6/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I went out looking for savannah biomes to find rammerheads, to get hide, to make the smash totem.  But where I went was plains.  I saw some odd ores in a cave, dug around and found an unusual amount of youtuber ores in the area.  14 joyrider, 4 laurie, 8 ssundee, 24 mrgregor, 6 blohod, 7 jtrent, 20 heyitsluigi, 8 skythekid, and 10 beautiful ore.

I found a small strip of savannah between my two desert villages.  It turns out this is a great place to level up hunter skills, with the rammerheads and rockbacks.  All the Captain Cookies can do with the hunter mobs is push them.  I made it to hunter level 26, the level I needed to reach to beat some weird creature somewhere.  I got 5 rammerhead hides and was able to make my first smash totem, to summon the first boss.

I probably shouldn't have spawned Smash right in my desert village.  I was going to climb a ladder up onto a roof, but he was too quick and knocked me halfway across town before I got inside a building yo catch my breath.  Okay, hitting him through a 2-high doorway he can't fit through was not terribly sporting, but I did beat him.  I got his statue, made colorful by the aoa_pretty_statues resource pack, and the theme music record, thanks to obsAoA.

Stalked the savannah again but it was a "good day to die" so I ended up on the flat desert fighting headless destroyers, reaper twins, triclops, and those big death hunters that toss you around 50 or 60 blocks -- remember to make plenty of holly arrows for those guys.  A fun battle, but then the night fell and got creepier, so I tp'd back to the village and called it a night.

##

10/8/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I did some mining under the savannah.  At first it looked like the ore selection was different, but after a while it felt the same again.  No ore for AntVenom, BajanCanadian, Magna, but I did get 25 for DanTDM.  My youtuber armor collection is complete except for Laurie (boots), AntVenom (helmet & boots), BajanCanadian (none), EckoSoldier (none), Magna_Invictus (none) or RealThinknoodles (none).

Two new recipes: since limonite is technically a low-grade iron ore, two ways to make hoppers: chest & 3 limonite = hopper (slightly better than iron) or 2 chests + 5 limonite = 2 hoppers.  No immediate need, just felt logical.

Hmm, I was going to make the next tier of hopper recipes with titanium (3 Ti = 3 hoppers) and steel (3 steel = 2 hoppers) but those are from FunOres, need to figure out the item ids.  Got them.  Also added bronze & brass hopper reipces same as iron.

While I'm at it, I use a lot of wood to iron chest upgrades.  I can now craft 2 at a time using titanium or steel.

Did a Nether run, came back with 38 emberstone ore, which gives x3 ingots in the QED.  So I should be able to finish up some more armors.



##


10/11/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I got another beacon from a chance icosahedron, smashed it to a nether star and finally was able to make the bedrock harvester.  I got 2x64+37 bedrock before it broke.  A group of 3 naturalists spawned nearby, and I was able to trade for 4 each heart fruit and thorn plant seeds.  When I logged in tonight, he had despawned.  I made 5 draggy tablet, spawnd a penguin and draggy, but I guess they walked in front of my grinder and are now gone without a trace.  Just some mining after that, with a draggy protecting my back.  Found lots of youtuber ores: HeyItsLuigi, DanTDM, xJSQ.  Found 5 AntVenom ores, tripled them in the QED and made the leggings and boots.

I have spent a few hours running around the Deeplands.  I actually find it a bit relaxing with my custom giving me night vision.  No flying mobs or ones that bombard me with blasts or throw me around or into the void.  I found a spawner for a level 38 hunter mob, and the Lottoman.  I was one gem shy of having two batches of 75 gems to get 10 each of the totems.  But I got ten of one totem, smashed them, got some cool bow, but there are just so many weapons I can't really keep track of them -- they're not as much fun as building armor sets.



I got a realmstone to the Ancient Cavern dimension, and made that portal in my desert town (which still needs a name).  I thought it might be fun to explore.  It was not.  It was that temple dimension where you can place blocks, just get swarmed with mobs from spawners, supposedly fight bosses and hope to get out at all.  So glad I had a warp book to get home again.  Yuck.  Why would anyone want to put up with that?  So far the only boss I have fought is Smash.  Guess boss fights are not really my thing.


##

10/15/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I took an extended run down into the haunted castle in Mysterium, now that my hunter level was 29.  Coming down from the top, there were undead trolls which fire red flashy things.  Next floor down had nightmare spiders whose hits cause total blindness, and phantasms whose hits cause wither effects, but at least neither of those had projectiles.  Drops: surge staff, nightmare flakes (used with whitewash bricks to make those cool blue haunted bricks), phantasm (blue drops of goo, no uses in JEI), troll skulls, skeletal ingots (make armor), and haunted banners.  My hunter level is now 33.

I rifled through my Deeplands chests and my enchanted book library, and my new bow is a deep bow (34 max dmg, unbreaking III, power III, uses holly arrows).  That sounds like fun for a future expedition.



Comments

Popular Posts