10/3/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

10/3-4/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I went through all the stone-brick dungeon corridors and crypts and finally gathered 3 wither skeleton skulls, only to find that first step in the bedrockium tech chain (creating the nether star from a wither-like layout in the crafting grid) was for Creative mode only.  Grr.  For my trouble, I cheated myself just one darn star, and made 12 bedrock.  But then I saw the insane needs for creating that berdock miner: it takes 8 bedrock and a diamond ore to get ONE bedrockium ingot, and the miner needs 14 of them.  So, 14 nether stars to get to the point where I can clear out those darn grief buildings?  I am going to add a hack recipe to make it even remotely possible.  Maybe 8 bedrock around a diamond block makes 8 bedrockium ingots.  Sure, it's an 8x boost but it uses 9x the diamonds.  It's not totally unfair.  But I will still need one more nether star to get that one darn tool.

By adding a recipe to smash beacons back down into nether stars with the sledgehammer (beacons are rare drops from chance cubes, but I have not gotten any nether stars), I was able to create the recipe patterns for all parts of the bedrock harvester ... only to find it needs two of the bedrock stabilizers.  Hmm, only one beacon left, and I should use that as an actual beacon.

I setup a little spot where Red Cow energy drink is made.  Sure enough, it gives you 2 minutes of creative flight.  I flew around the Deeplands for a while with my night vision custom pet.  After mining a bunch in the ceiling (funny traps and nippers), I cautiously explored some areas at ground level and found the creatures to be pretty easy.

I came home with a few more pieces of subterranean armor (duplicates), one extra deep case for display, about a half stack each of gems and charged runium ore, and about 15 stacks of deep stone.  On the upside, the obsAoA mod makes those smeltable into smooth versions, then brickable, for variety.  I should start building embassy building around these two most recent portals, though I didn't space them very well apart...

##

10/5/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I did another dig in Gardencia, then came home and made a decent pair of embassy buildings for Gardencia and the Deeplands, even though I plopped down their portals too close together.  I like putting some of the other-dimensional plants and trophy creatures around outside the doors to make it look like some of the other dimension is seeping through.

A few quick new recipes to make useless items more useful:
sledgehammer + jailer's safari net = reusable safari net.  The jailers nets drop from loot bags, the others are more useful.
5 runium chunks ("plus" shaped) = obsidian named "packed runium", lore: "packed runium acts just like obsidian".  Handy.
yellorite and nikolite blocks as fuel = 10x the dust value

I warped to the Desert village with some ender eyes, and setup recipes for QED and Ender Crystals.  Made 4 crystals and setup the system back at Plains Base, right under the main power/smelting room.  The crystals need no power input in this version.  The QED will smelt most ores plus a piece of coal into 3 ingots.  Best output available for most of those.  I ran some amethyst and adamantium.

That was a fun episode.

Not that I am recording episodes.  Maybe some day I will get back into that.  But I don't have the high-end computer or microphone, or tons of hours to devote to editing, and no interest at all in pimping out for likes and subscribers.


##


10/6/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I really should stop calling this modpack that.  I have changed it so much, it's pretty much My EpicProportions pack, or My AoA Pack.

A quick lunch visit: I just ran some rarer ores through the QED: sapphire, mystite, jade.  I tp'd to Brick House Base (darn my bases need names) and checked my chest of armor ingredients.  I was able to complete the wither and hydrangic sets, and a few pieces of embrodium.

I captured a soul agent, but I don't know what the stones he sells actually do, so I lassoed him and put him in a chest for later.

My Plains Base


I did some tests and it looks like anvil pet adds +30 durability to all items in inventory each time it feeds, whether they are in the hotbar or not.  But they do NOT work on dark steel armor, maybe because it detects they are powered.  It is pretty OP, really.

I put my old MrGregor pick up on the wall, after using it down to just 20 durability out of 17000.  A historical footnote.  And I made a new jtrent238 pickaxe which is just as insanely fast.

I saw a great YouTube "Nostalgia Craft" episode with BajanCanadian, Sky, and guest Bodil who is always hilariously matter-of-fact.  Building weird stuff while talking about game developments, youtube adventures, real-life events.  So much fun.

Comments

Popular Posts