Creativerse, RMSV.net, others

10/16/2020 Creativerse

I revisited Creativerse after seeing their lineup of updates and new items they have added this year.  It was fun for a while again, and Anne stopped by to visit me on one world.  But then it feels empty again.  I can get blocks, craft blocks (most of the recipes just feel like nonsense) and then pile up blocks.  The creatures are a bit of fun.  As pets, they are a pain in the ass, wanting bizarre foods and then having the extra step of hosing them off.  Yeah, the animations are cute.  

I just can't think of any projects that seem worth building.  I can make the next building out of hidden temple blocks.  Did that.  The blueprints are fun ... until you need 50 more red adobe brick slabs and see what a grind it is.  Kudos for adding a new little robot that can build the blueprints for you.  You still need hundreds of odd blocks to make that giant wolf thing, or pay for the pack.


##

10/21/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10v

The last few nights I have begun to get bored with this world.  I cheated myself a Lelyetia realmstone and grabbed some red bulls and flew around there, marking waypoints on all the structures.  I even dug down to the upside-down layer.  Really cool visuals, but after just barely getting to a big mysterious tower with 0:05 of flight remaining, I dug down to find the Lelyetian trader, lottoman and banker, all unusable ... their trades don't work, no way to pull out the items I have traded for.  I have no idea why some NPCs work and others don't.  Still, it's just another world with a few trees, a few mobs, a few grassy bits, some dirt, some stone, and oh, all the hunter mobs are level 71 or higher.



Back at my Overworld bases, I have whole chests full of ores and metals and loot bags, and almost no use for any of it.  I setup a table recipe for the auto-disenchanter and started collecting enchanted books.  Not that I ever need more than an occasional unbreaking on my armor.  Anvil pet keeps all my other gear mended.

##

10/22/2020 rsmv.net /server Survival5

I ventured out of my abandoned mine little home, and when I hit /home it sent me to the lobby instead.  And I guess I never wrote down the xyz.  So, new man cave is at 6905 48 67.

Hmm.  According to my /claimslist, my old base was 6899 ? 62.  Oh heck, I spent a half hour digging around looking for my old base, when I stepped outside and saw I was nowhere in the same area.


Over to Aspiria: I patched a few buildings in my Folk Town, then saw a nether portal on top of a neraby tree and dove inside.  Soul sand, skeletons, nothing interesting, but as I was about to giver up I found my first bastion.  It was a bit cheaty to have my uber armor and weapons and be able to fly, but it was a lot of fun harvesting a few stacks of blocks, whomping on the pigsies ... and I found 4 chests up and down and around the corners.  I bet that would be a real challenge to a regular player with no boosts.

I tried my Twitch FTB Ultimate world but it was totally corrupted; my city was replaced by jagged bits of worldgen cliffs, and all blocks from several mods were missing.  Then my Twitch VeeTech 1.0 world wouldn't load.  Then my Overgrown 1.12.2 world wouldn't load due to Millenaire errors ... I recall I was in the process of removing Millenaire after many chunks got corrupted with mod-related errors.  I didn't want to have to abandon the world, but it might just have to be done.


##

10/23/2020 Technic VeeTech

So ... back to my all-time favorite world.  I know why it is so comfortable.  I am well past the point where I have hundreds of everything sitting in chests in warehouses.  But it is still fun to go to a new settlement and do all the local activites, from the big hub of agriculture (logging, bees, animals, coffee beans, crops) to the coast by the Chinese ship where I just added an orchard hut at the top of the hill and a couple marble mines.

Zephyr town, outside my big cathedral base, with the rail line running by


Over at the Redwood Base, I finally got an imperial queen.  Well, half noble.  I spent a while out by Cathedral 2, popping into the endless pits and mines in the snowy wastes, finally building a structure called Florence Mine, with a ladder leading down through a surface cave to a rich limestone/marble mine, then down deeper to ores.

Each town has its own flavor, which exactly what I strive to create.  Some towns have buy/sell chests, some have town jobs (chests next to farm plots, orchards, mines, etc with prices of what you can harvest/mine and trade in), some are under slime islands and have a lot of fighting to do, some have unique products (bees and recipes), others are over gaping pits or chasms, some have NPC backpacks to pick up and continue playing as, some are just safe bases to explore neighboring areas.


Comments

Popular Posts